Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Peter Griffin Genetics BuffaJoe's Avatar
    BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DoctaJV View Post
    From this logic, would it be safe to say that Engineers don't believe in any gods?
    I dont, I think the very notion of God and religion is ridicules... expecially when we can see life forming and evolving right in front of us.

Religion is nothing more than a man-made means of controling the masses (...and a damn good one at that)

JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10) JandTbrobotVII is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JoeD 4640 View Post
    Strong response.

However, I still disagree. But i appreciate a good debate.

agreed that there is a vast amount we have yet to learn, or can even understand with our limited view of the universe. But, thats the beauty of science and its laws....they cannot change, they cannot have exceptions.

All Im saying, is that with the physical constraints that we know exist, and the lack of PHYSICAL evidence of E.T. beings or ships landing on earth, I find it HIGHLY unlikley that these theries hold any water

All these theroies are based on anicdotal evidence, there arnt any E.T. ships laying around, or E.T. remains. But, there are countless human remains, human inventions from the same time. It doesnt make sence.
    What you call beauty of science, I call the fragility of science. One thing that was not "allowed" to happen does and the laws are void. My only point was honestly, we can't know. To use an extreme example as possible, an alien could appear from out of thin air from another dimension and take down the entire scientific community in one second. It sounds very far fetched, but we simply can't rely on our science to say it couldn't happen. We cannot explore these possibilities, and it might be thousands of years before we even begin to understand how our existence is defined by the universe. Our universe could be a dimension inside a dimension. How do you experiment and find this out? Well, who the **** knows.

I don't think aliens built any of these world wonders. I think it was human ingenuity and their lack of records that make shake our heads and say "Since we think they couldn't do it, it has to be aliens". I understand where the theories come from and why they're there, but sometimes the easiest explanation is usually the right one. They were built by rulers with dreams and every resource at their disposal and unlimited human labor

As for the aliens existing debate, i'll just reference any argument made in their favor in this thread. There is simply too many possibilities for their not be life in some form. I'd venture to guess there's probably millions of examples of life in our galaxy alone.

YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Abiogenes is a hypothetical organic phenomenon by which living organisms are created from nonliving matter

An alternative to Earthly abiogenesis is the hypothesis that primitive life may have originally formed extraterrestrially, either in space or on a nearby planet (Mars). (Note that exogenesis is related to, but not the same as, the notion of panspermia). A supporter of this theory was Francis Crick.

Organic compounds are relatively common in space, especially in the outer solar system where volatiles are not evaporated by solar heating.[79] Comets are encrusted by outer layers of dark material, thought to be a tar-like substance composed of complex organic material formed from simple carbon compounds after reactions initiated mostly by irradiation by ultraviolet light. It is supposed that a rain of material from comets could have brought significant quantities of such complex organic molecules to Earth.

An alternative but related hypothesis, proposed to explain the presence of life on Earth so soon after the planet had cooled down, with apparently very little time for prebiotic evolution, is that life formed first on early Mars. Due to its smaller size Mars cooled before Earth (a difference of hundreds of millions of years), allowing prebiotic processes there while Earth was still too hot. Life was then transported to the cooled Earth when crustal material was blasted off Mars by asteroid and comet impacts. Mars continued to cool faster and eventually became hostile to the continued evolution or even existence of life (it lost its atmosphere due to low volcanism); Earth is following the same fate as Mars, but at a slower rate.

Neither hypothesis actually answers the question of how life first originated, but merely shifts it to another planet or a comet. However, the advantage of an extraterrestrial origin of primitive life is that life is not required to have evolved on each planet it occurs on, but rather in a single location, and then spread about the galaxy to other star systems via cometary and/or meteorite impact. Evidence to support the plausibility of the concept is scant, but it finds support in recent study of Martian meteorites found in Antarctica and in studies of extremophile microbes.[80] Additional support comes from a recent discovery of a bacterial ecosytem whose energy source is radioactivity.[81]

A recent experiment led by Jason Dworkin, subjected a frozen mixture of water, methanol, ammonia and carbon monoxide to UV radiation, mimicking conditions found in an extraterrestrial environment. This combination yielded large amounts of organic material that self-organised to form bubbles when immersed in water. Dworkin considered these bubbles to resemble cell membranes that enclose and concentrate the chemistry of life, separating their interior from the outside world.

The bubbles produced in these experiments were between 10 to 40 micrometres (0.00039 to 0.0016 in), or about the size of red blood cells. Remarkably, the bubbles fluoresced, or glowed, when exposed to UV light. Absorbing UV and converting it into visible light in this way was considered one possible way of providing energy to a primitive cell. If such bubbles played a role in the origin of life, the fluorescence could have been a precursor to primitive photosynthesis. Such fluorescence also provides the benefit of acting as a sunscreen, diffusing any damage that otherwise would be inflicted by UV radiation. Such a protective function would have been vital for life on the early Earth, since the ozone layer, which blocks out the sun's most destructive UV rays, did not form until after photosynthetic life began to produce oxygen.[44]

Extraterrestrial Amino Acids Seeding Earth

Another possibility is that amino acids which were formed extra-terrestrially arrived on Earth via comets. In 2009 is was announced by the US space agency NASA that scientists have identified one of the fundamental chemical buildings blocks of life in a comet for the first time: Glycine, an amino acid, was detected in the material ejected from Comet Wild-2 in 2004 and grabbed by Nasa's Stardust probe. Tiny grains, just a few thousandths or a millimetre in size, were collected from the comet and returned to Earth in 2006 in a sealed capsule, and distributed among the world's leading astro-biology labs. NASA said in a statement that it took sometime for the investigating team, led by Dr Jamie Elsila, to convince itself that the glycine signature found in Stardust's sample bay was genuine and not just Earthly contamination. Glycine has been detected in meteorites before and there are also observations in interstellar gas clouds claimed for telescopes, but the Stardust find is described as a first in cometary material. It is known that prior to the emergence of life on Earth, the early solar system's planets were regularly bombarded by comets. Dr. Carl Pilcher, who leads Nasa's Astrobiology Institute commented that "The discovery of glycine in a comet supports the idea that the fundamental building blocks of life are prevalent in space, and strengthens the argument that life in the Universe may be common rather than rare.

.. just sayin

BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BuffaJoe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JandTbrobotVII View Post
    What you call beauty of science, I call the fragility of science. One thing that was not "allowed" to happen does and the laws are void. My only point was honestly, we can't know. To use an extreme example as possible, an alien could appear from out of thin air from another dimension and take down the entire scientific community in one second. It sounds very far fetched, but we simply can't rely on our science to say it couldn't happen. We cannot explore these possibilities, and it might be thousands of years before we even begin to understand how our existence is defined by the universe. Our universe could be a dimension inside a dimension. How do you experiment and find this out? Well, who the **** knows.

I don't think aliens built any of these world wonders. I think it was human ingenuity and their lack of records that make shake our heads and say "Since we think they couldn't do it, it has to be aliens". I understand where the theories come from and why they're there, but sometimes the easiest explanation is usually the right one. They were built by rulers with dreams and every resource at their disposal and unlimited human labor

As for the aliens existing debate, i'll just reference any argument made in their favor in this thread. There is simply too many possibilities for their not be life in some form. I'd venture to guess there's probably millions of examples of life in our galaxy alone.
    I respect you alot brah. All valid points, and I do agree with you 100% EXCEPT for this:

To use an extreme example as possible, an alien could appear from out of thin air from another dimension and take down the entire scientific community in one second.
    If it happens, it can be explained...somehow.

and as far as aliens existing, I would say (based on probability, and the shear numbers) that it would be an imposibility for thier not to be life on other planets... If it happened on this planet, it has undoubtably happened on others. Life is robust, the universe is constant and un-imaginably large....it just makes sence.

and youre 100% correct, these world wonders were defanatly built by humans. We cannot imagine ancient egypt living in todays world. The pharrohs were like dieaties who viewed people as servants. imagine how quickly building would be put up without permits, unions, or regulations, no lawers, no lawsuits, no protestors

add to that unlimited cash, unlimited workers, unlimited resources and youve got yourself some really impressive stuff being built.

Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DaBurg3r View Post
    So I was thinking about that place Puma Punku and how they could have built it.

Now at first I was like him the O/P is right, how would they move such huge stones without log rollers. Then I got to thinking, what if they made stone rollers or even stone ball bearings the size of basketballs. You could roll an 800 ton block for miles if it was on a bunch of ball bearings.
    Correct, I should have posted this earlier...

Puma punka stones were a LOT bigger, but I think you could still move them this way. The one thing that still can't be explained are the precise cuts, which are mind blowing even with today's technology.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DaBurg3r View Post
    So I was thinking about that place Puma Punku and how they could have built it.

Now at first I was like him the O/P is right, how would they move such huge stones without log rollers. Then I got to thinking, what if they made stone rollers or even stone ball bearings the size of basketballs. You could roll an 800 ton block for miles if it was on a bunch of ball bearings.
    But that doesnt explain how they cut that stone into spheres smooth enough that could roll. If that's how they did it, then it conjurs up a whole new debate.

Originally Posted by clifftime View Post
    You got to thinking!!!!!!!! Weird how you can think for a few minutes and come up with some pretty good ideas. These people refuse to think.. GEE GOLLY MAH! ALIENS MUSTA COME N DONE IT. Fukcing rednecks lol
    Apparently it's the two of you who didn't think it through, see above statement.

I dont, I think the very notion of God and religion is ridicules... expecially when we can see life forming and evolving right in front of us.

Religion is nothing more than a man-made means of controling the masses (...and a damn good one at that)

Well I think the stories of the bible are made up and ficticious, but there has to be some being that created the very first particle of the universe. So I believe there is definitely something outside the realm of physics and science that we do not know about or comprehend.

Originally Posted by Chook Legs View Post
    There is a huge amount of information on the net in regards to the construction of the pyramids. Logically though, why after finishing a building project would you leave all the elements of construction lieing around?. Well many finished buildings in china dont have the original bamboo scaffolding do they?

Check out the ****ing laser beams!!!

Some ancient alien tools found in ancient Egypt

Moving an obelisk during the reign of Hatchepsut. Using alien water craft.

An ancient stone mason from the tomb of Ti

And the discovery of a quartzite stone hammer used in stone masonry
    I have been to baalbek, and it is quite a sight. truley impressive feat of constrution...

I think people forget to realize that we arnt any 'smarter' than our ancestors. Not like they were primates or anything. they possesed the same brain power we have, there were brillant people who tought others what they learned. The process repeates itself thousands of times, building and building on previous knowledge and wham.... its 2009 and your typing on a PC in new york talking to people thousands of miles away. crazy, right?

YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000)

Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Well I think the stories of the bible are made up and ficticious, but there has to be some being that created the very first particle of the universe. So I believe there is definitely something outside the realm of physics and science that we do not know about or comprehend.
    I dont agree, but i can tottaly respect that. The absolute beggining and absolute end of things are so imposible to comprehend in the human mind

I dont really have a theory about the absolute begging of the universe... But I would probably opt for a scientific based thoery like the big bang theroy (which, recently has come under fire)

I think debate and different opinions are how we learn about things. In order to prove something is worng, you need to learn about it.

strong debate fellas, rare for the misc these days

harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SanDantos View Post
    Saying prove aliens DIDNT do it, is like saying prove Bigfoot didn't do it.
    Actually saying prove aliens didn't do it is the same as saying bigfoot didn't do it.... Bigfoot is an alien.... See here a picture of 'em visiting Mars -

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

screw everybody but the canes and the oil ;)

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont agree, but i can tottaly respect that. The absolute beggining and absolute end of things are so imposible to comprehend in the human mind

I dont really have a theory about the absolute begging of the universe... But I would probably opt for a scientific based thoery like the big bang theroy (which, recently has come under fire)

I think debate and different opinions are how we learn about things. In order to prove something is worng, you need to learn about it.

strong debate fellas, rare for the misc these days
    What scientific explanation can there be for the very first particle? How did it get there? I do tend to believe in science for everything, I just cant get around that initial particle of matter.

Also, I didnt even know the big bang was under fire, I thought we pretty much knew that was the beginning. What are they saying now?

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

predator built it brah. to hunt the aliens

Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's no point in making this more complicated than it needs to be. There's life here, so there's always a chance of life somewhere else in the universe. Period. /Close thread/
    Stem plus finance alum crew
    ADHD diagnosed social club, let’s get weird
    Gmo fan
    Entj cuz apparently we tinder now

Compounds 3x a week feeders offnights b4 bed with IF schedule coming sooonnn will link log on inception. Dis gun b good

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tag

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by triglyceride View Post
    I lol'd, gjdm
    New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

Originally Posted by Buff Matt View Post
    There's no point in making this more complicated than it needs to be. There's life here, so there's always a chance of life somewhere else in the universe. Period. /Close thread/
    99% of this thread has been about whether or not Aliens have visited Earth. /Re-open thread and read it through/

Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    What scientific explanation can there be for the very first particle? How did it get there? I do tend to believe in science for everything, I just cant get around that initial particle of matter.

Also, I didnt even know the big bang was under fire, I thought we pretty much knew that was the beginning. What are they saying now?
    dont quote me, but this is what i recall from one of my lectures last year:

They used the doppler effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect) to formulate the big bang theory. basically shows that everything in the universe is moving away from each eachother, so It had to start at a single point, right?

well, now there is opposistion saying that the doppler effect is usefull on earth, but not so much in regards to the universe and space. there are various resons for that. and if the very principal that the theroey is based on has flaws, the whole theory falls apart.

I dont know where i stand on the issue man.... I would like to think there is a creator, a god, a heaven But I just cant accept it. I see zero evidence of any of it, and have a really hard time with believing with a blind faith.

I defanatly dont think anyone is worng for what hey believe. I mean, as mere humans living in a blip, a speck of time on the universal timeline how can we even know with any kind of certainty? It may be beyond or realm of thinking.

soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000)
    read the first post, skipped everything else, well there is a theory if you want to tie this into religion that the people of the sky were actually the fallen angels, who built things on earth to pretty much say **** you to God, they were giants so it would seem plausible, that is if you believe in religion

there is another place on unexplained structures, cant recall where but the stones are carved to perfection, what would take us diamond tipped drills and mastery skills, the stones are i cant remember the name but the only thing harder, is a diamond, and the only quarry was hundreds of miles away, explain that? lol

oh yeah and in pictures, there are designs of giants with eagle heads etc. well in the book of angels (older than the pyramids, and a hebrew book, angels arnt those pretty things, many have eagle heads, lion heads, are balls of light, are wheels etc.
    -To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing - elbert hubbard
    -You know how you know your lifts are good, when people profess they are E-stats.
    But,"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the lord commends.

Adopt A Dog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121387661
    *Misc Strength Crew*
    *MFC*
    *LA MISC*

dont quote me, but this is what i recall from one of my lectures last year:

They used the doppler effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect) to formulate the big bang theory. basically shows that everything in the universe is moving away from each eachother, so It had to start at a single point, right?

well, now there is opposistion saying that the doppler effect is usefull on earth, but not so much in regards to the universe and space. there are various resons for that. and if the very principal that the theroey is based on has flaws, the whole theory falls apart.

I dont know where i stand on the issue man.... I would like to think there is a creator, a god, a heaven But I just cant accept it. I see zero evidence of any of it, and have a really hard time with believing with a blind faith.

I defanatly dont think anyone is worng for what hey believe. I mean, as mere humans living in a blip, a speck of time on the universal timeline how can we even know with any kind of certainty? It may be beyond or realm of thinking.
    Cool thanks for that.

Originally Posted by soon2b3olympic View Post
    read the first post, skipped everything else, well there is a theory if you want to tie this into religion that the people of the sky were actually the fallen angels, who built things on earth to pretty much say **** you to God, they were giants so it would seem plausible, that is if you believe in religion

You're referring to the Nephilims which was discussed breifly in this thread. I dont believe in any religion but I do believe in a creator of some sort, so this theory is interesting to think about.

there is another place on unexplained structures, cant recall where but the stones are carved to perfection, what would take us diamond tipped drills and mastery skills, the stones are i cant remember the name but the only thing harder, is a diamond, and the only quarry was hundreds of miles away, explain that? lol

Puma Punku was discussed in great detail in this thread.

oh yeah and in pictures, there are designs of giants with eagle heads etc. well in the book of angels (older than the pyramids, and a hebrew book, angels arnt those pretty things, many have eagle heads, lion heads, are balls of light, are wheels etc.

Never heard of this one before

Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pad264 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, I just wanted to let you know that while you're presentation is compelling, you are allowing yourself to get sucked into tangent arguments that have nothing to do with your point. Debating someone about why early man thought the gods resided in the sky is idiotic. Everything unknown was in the sky...the sun, the moon...rain...everything. You have so many other good thoughts it's frustrating to see you dwell on such ridiculousness.
    "My only enemy is time." - Charlie Chaplin

My movie blog:
    http://paulopicks.blogspot.com/

NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by James_Byrne View Post
    I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your magazine.
    aware repped
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah

Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pad264 View Post
    OP, I just wanted to let you know that while you're presentation is compelling, you are allowing yourself to get sucked into tangent arguments that have nothing to do with your point. Debating someone about why early man thought the gods resided in the sky is idiotic. Everything unknown was in the sky...the sun, the moon...rain...everything. You have so many other good thoughts it's frustrating to see you dwell on such ridiculousness.
    You're right, I did get sucked into that one. It fits in with the book of Enoch that I meant to discuss but didn't, some of the other guys touched on it a few pages back. I'm still in the progress of putting a mega thread together with everything I intended on discussing in the level of detail I intended on doing it in. It will all be posted at once in a new thread when its ready, but its a long haul.

It'll all make much more sense when its complete.
    Starting weight - 220lbs 23/08/09

*Always gets fukked over by 6, even though I know 1 will be best crew*

*Negs on sight for HighHurdler by request*

Registered User & Abuser Magnumtripod's Avatar
    Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've seen all this stuff a while back on the Discovery or History Channels. The case, during WWII, where the islanders built airplane effigies because they thought airplanes were gods was pretty interesting. Couldn't the ancients have been doing the same thing? There are stone carvings that appear to depict helicopters, airplanes/space crafts, flying saucers, aliens, and even one with some being inside some kind of fuselage. I sounds pretty far fetched, but I can't imagine why ancient people would create these depictions for sh*ts and giggles. Especially when their artwork so closely resembles the technology we have today. Did they just come up with this stuff off the top of there heads?

Also, if aliens did in fact visit here and attempt to pass on their knowledge, what did we really learn? From what I see, it was most likely precise measurements and calculations. I'm sure tooling was part of it, but it seems strange that we can't find evidence of the tools that were used for those straight cuts and drilled holes. Maybe aliens just "demonstrated" their technology and we did the rest. Realistically, whatever they taught us could only be taken so far with the limited resources we had back then. I'm middle of the road when it comes to this stuff because there's always a counter argument for each side, but you can't deny that the ancient astronaut theory is pretty damn interesting.

Registered User & Abuser Magnumtripod's Avatar
    Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^Proof

/thread

lmao!

lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    IMO, if you believe aliens visit earth and built our civilization as we know it:

1) you have zero knowledge of the physical universe and its constraints in which eveything exists
    2) you have no faith in human civilization and science

OP, do you even realize how far away the closest planet is (outside our solar system)? it orbits the star Epsilon Eridani and is 10.5 Light years away

that means, it would take an E.T. ship traveling at light speed (which, is physically impossible by the constraints of this universe) 10.5 YEARS to get here. you telling me E.T. ships just came and went to build structures ang teach our ancestors? no way.

Maybe im just cynical brah, I have a B.S. in mechanical engineering and as a result, my mind just will not except hocus-pocus theroies.

and while these theroiers are fun to entertain, they are just not fealisable by the reasons you are giving.

however, I do believe, as humans we have a very limited view of our world. I do believe we are surround by things our brains just cannot comprehend.
    they used a einstein rosenberg bridge to get here negating all theorys adout how it would take to long to get here cause they are far away............they simply folded space and time with gravitatioal force.......
    negs or i neg you..........wait wut...lol... i will leave it like so

Originally Posted by lift.iron View Post
    they used a einstein rosenberg bridge to get here negating all theorys adout how it would take to long to get here cause they are far away............they simply folded space and time with gravitatioal force.......
    Great theroy, proof please.

jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jawnzer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The other thing. Why do we assume that they are so technologically advanced? We assume that all life outside of ours is year and years ahead of ours.

Also, I don't know if this had been brought up. But maybe it's not e.t's that are visiting us, just people from a parallel universe, or the future. And they have just figured out how to get pass the 4th dimension.

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    interesting stuff if nothing else

Originally Posted by jawnzer View Post
    The other thing. Why do we assume that they are so technologically advanced? We assume that all life outside of ours is year and years ahead of ours.
    Because if they visited Earth they have to be very advanced. We can barely get to our own moon without mishaps.