NeedsHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you lose fat by just lifting weights?

yes or no?

Im 5'6 141 lbs semi fat, wif some to little muscle

i've just been concentrating on lifting weights these past 2 weeks

is that good for fat loss? or do u need some cardio, i can't really do too much cardio since i hurt my right knee

only cardio i do is the warmup before i go lift

i hate the word cardio

but is this ok? and is lifting weights good enough to lose weight and appear slimmer but cut?

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes, u can lose fat by doing nothing at all as well.
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

im trying to gain lean mass at the same time, which would increase my weight

but thats fine with me as long as i'm losing fat and that its showing

lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lifting weights is one of the best ways to burn fat...

ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea, and at 5'6 and just 140, you dont really need to lose weight. You may be a little pudgy but a good clean bulk will take care of that with solid weight lifting

cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NeedsHelp View Post
    yes or no?

is that good for fat loss? or do u need some cardio, i can't really do too much cardio since i hurt my right knee

i hate the word cardio

but is this ok? and is lifting weights good enough to lose weight and appear slimmer but cut?
    Do set of 15 with lighter weight, take short breaks, and super set everything meaning two excersizes back to back before you rest. Eat below maintenance with this and you will loose weight.
    Chris

Do I look like I workout dumb@ss!!

Yea I got my headphones on because I want you to stop and talk thanks moron!!

bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bhuynh408 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes u can lose weight by lifting weights u can also not excercise and lose weight but it all depends on your diet.

soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10) soundpreacher is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Technically speaking, lifting weights won't directly make you lose fat. Lifting weights will make you gain muscle. Building muscle will increase your metabolism. Eating the same amount you're eating now (or less) with a greater metabolism will result in less fat.

Directly, no. Indirectly, yes. If you want to lose fat, the only way to do it without losing muscle is lifting. The only way.

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    gaining muscle and lifting weights not only makes you looks smaller and "toned" etc... it helps get you lean and loose fat... its the best way with a good consistent eating plan

Thank you all for your replies!!! i greatly appreciate it

i have one more question lol,

since i am trying to lose fat and build muscle at the sametime(i am kind of pudgy) how much extra calories do i need to eat?

Cause its weird that I am wanting to lose fat, but eating more calories

Can anyone help me out? thanks =)

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you all for your replies!!! i greatly appreciate it

i have one more question lol,

since i am trying to lose fat and build muscle at the sametime(i am kind of pudgy) how much extra calories do i need to eat?

Cause its weird that I am wanting to lose fat, but eating more calories

Can anyone help me out? thanks =)
    Focus on one or the other. If you want to put on muscle, you will have to eat over maintenance, so you may gain a small amount of fat as well. Bulk for the winter, and start cutting in April for the summer.

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well if u wanna lose fat without cardio, you can but try to follow a very strict diet of green vegetables and some fruits low in glycemic index for your carbohydrates sources. and low fat white meats whey protein, low-fat milk and egg-whites for your protein sources. Also try to measure the food you eat by ounces, cups etc. and control food portions. Remember that losing fat means losing weight, and losing weight means eating little, and having hunger pangs in the day, and a lot of will to resist to tempations of eating cakes, pizzas and tasty foods

yes or no?

i hate the word cardio

Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    During your noob gain period you'll gain muscle and lose fat. Apparently this normally lasts a few months. I'd eat at a deficit while working hard in the gym. I'm regaining size and losing fat (not so much weight) by eating at a deficit and working out hard. Make the most of this noob gain period since alot of the seasoned guys around here seem to wish they could have it back to make better use of it.

Most of all, keep your diet in check. I can not stress that enough. The changes I've seen and felt just from diet have been phenominal.
    Starting weight - 220lbs 23/08/09

*Always gets fukked over by 6, even though I know 1 will be best crew*

*Negs on sight for HighHurdler by request*

plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep you can just make sure you've got your diet sorted.

EnShape777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EnShape777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EnShape777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EnShape777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    YOu may lose a little bit but nothing substational. Loosing Fat is so much more than just lifting weights.

novanove1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yes U can

Well im in the same Situation you are, im about 7 KGs over weight, Right Knee injured twice, the new Ligament went away 70% as well, leaving me with 30% of it and hole in my cartilage.

Lifting heavy weights is helping me out in getting back into shape with Muscles and lose some fat as well in the same time.

though I do cardio as well for about 25 Mints daily after the workout...

Im gulping up Protein Shakes as well, look for the ones with Min fat, it will help you in losing fat and gaining muscle..

Good Luck!

Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strong first post to bump ratio

fmgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Diet/Macro first, to be honest when I was properly dieting I use to mix a few weights in from time to time just to break the tedium of cardio, not so much weights but things like push-ups, sit-ups etc improve strength and a type of cardio really if your working hard.

I've found for me that doing weights is good, its made me more toned, made probably newbie gains and just breaks the normal rountine up a bit.

iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000) iNlKE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Easily, but you'd have to be eating at a deficit.

elmooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello to everyone!
    I'm a beginner here and I'm sorry if my questions will be dumb, but I really need professional help.
    I have never tried to shape my body and now I want to start. I have put on weight recently, due to exams, and I don't know whether I should go on a diet and then to go to the gym, beacuse I've heard that some of my friends want first to put on weight, in order to lift more weight and then to burn the fat. And how should I eat -now and later, when I shape my body?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I assume someone said this already, but keep lifting with a moderate deficit. You don't want to go into a surplus just yet. I'm a little shorter than you but at 140 I was probably losing .5 lbs per week and lifting heavy. My avatar results are strictly from cutting while lifting. Extremely little cardio. Good luck!

Michie089 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Michie089 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Michie089 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Please Help!!

I literally just started gymming - i picked up alot of weight (i am 155cm and weigh 61kg) I wighed 48kg a year ago. I drastically need to lose weight and the past month been doing cardio and nothing has happened - my cellulite is less but i have barely lost any cm. I do not know what to do.