Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Meal Frequency

Registered User Garrysonridgely's Avatar
    Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50) Garrysonridgely will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have to make yourself happy before you can make your body happy.
    Eat every couple hours, and make sure its all nutrient dense food and you will be satisfied. Get everything else figured out first, and then play with meal frequency/meal timing last. So many variables that people try and change all at once. Michael Jordan didn't improve all areas of his game at one time, he took small steps to get to the point where he was great.

drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dforster92 View Post
    Meal frequency combined with size has NO relevance on weight gain or loss whatsoever.
    This, though I do like to have my largest meal postworkout.

greekgod21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always wondered about this

azinka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Is it really work?

AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So much bro science went to waste. Although i have to say increasing my meals from 2-3 to 4-5 helped me feel better during the day probably due to digesting smaller ammounts of food

jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimaras222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It';s a matter of personal preference. i have tried 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 meals a day... It's almost the same.

frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50) frostisall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have my meals set up for every 3-4 hours. keeps me going through my day
    It's what you do in the dash

Haynes90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So there is this bright PHD student in neurosciences field on Periscope, his name is Ian McLaughlin. He advocate IF for general health purpose (not body composition per se)

Where it gets interesting is that he also claims that fats eaten the morning and at night are not metabolized the same way and they have different effect on the body. He also claim that certain ''nutrients'' eaten at night will promote testosterone release and general anabolism ( My feeling is that he is referring to a leptin/peptide/LH connections) Sadly he didn't stated which nutrients... Yet at least.

Thing is that I never read about such thing here or anywhere, I am pretty sure many people here will say he is a broscientist, but trust me he is not one, he probably know more about human brain and general physiology than everybody on this forum combined.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Haynes90 View Post
    So there is this bright PHD student in neurosciences field on Periscope, his name is Ian McLaughlin. He advocate IF for general health purpose (not body composition per se)

Where it gets interesting is that he also claims that fats eaten the morning and at night are not metabolized the same way and they have different effect on the body. He also claim that certain ''nutrients'' eaten at night will promote testosterone release and general anabolism ( My feeling is that he is referring to a leptin/peptide/LH connections) Sadly he didn't stated which nutrients... Yet at least.

Thing is that I never read about such thing here or anywhere, I am pretty sure many people here will say he is a broscientist, but trust me he is not one, he probably know more about human brain and general physiology than everybody on this forum combined.
    He may not be a broscientist and he could actually have a point. The problem is that, I expect, he's focussing on small acute changes and doesn't have evidence that it makes a meaningful difference on the long term. If the evidence would exist I would have probably seen it.

And as for people who advocate IF; benefits have only been shown for rats and obese people. For lean healthy people who exercise it's a completely different matter.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Isnt that just metabolic flexibility and the basis behind the "biorhythm diet" ?. Google for stuff by mike t nelson.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Borge F agerli has a 'biorhythm' diet too and I believe he also believes eating more fat early in the day and more carbs later in the day.

I don't believe there's good evidence to support these practices although anecdotally I seem to do best on a similar approach. My breakfast is high protein, high fat low carb. Lunch too. Dinner more carbs.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

dcooops814 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    guyz.... as much as I love the love between you ->>> ^^^ take your shenanigans elsewhere, please and thanking muchly. This be a thread for info on meal frequency....

Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Yeah 2-3 hours for better nutrient partioning.

yeahbuddyyy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6 meals a day every 3 hours = broscience

fetzer85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Although the science may say meal frequency has no notable effects (at least for what they measured) the opposite is often the case in people's real lives. If eating 6x/day makes you feel better than only eating 2x/day then meal frequency does indeed matter to you. In fact I'm sure we all have our preferences and tend to stick with them pretty closely. Interesting stuff.

HenShredz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macro Balanced Meals Delivered

Anyone ever tried one of those meal delivery services. Heard good things about sixpax.co.uk and fancy giving it a try. They have a 3000 calorie plan which pretty much hits my macros exactly. Any thoughts?

jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacksn7673 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very informative share.Digesting small meals is much easier. A stomach that is not forced to distend will not be at risk for pushing beyond its muscular wall. Low carbohydrate consumption does not require the pancreas to produce high levels of insulin. Thus, excessive insulin will not remain in the system, and blood glucose will not plummet, thereby damaging the body’s metabolism. In addition, the pancreas will not have to produce more insulin in response to the steady accumulation of the un-used body fat. This can help save us from diabetes and keep fat from accumulating on our body.