tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Someone wake me up please

The weight is going on, and on, and on. I've gained nearly 20 lbs in the last 3 months with ****ty schedules for school and work, and just being on the go ALL the time.

I need someone to wake me up. I don't know what my deal is. I see myself in the mirror and I'm disgusted. I can see my gut just hit the first part of drooping down over my belt line and it depresses the **** out of me. I'm 6' 2" 267lbs. This is the highest I've ever been. I'm wearing my jeans to work today that I bought maybe 3-4 months ago. They were the smallest I've fit in in a long time, and now their extremely tight and suffocate me!

I hate counting calories. It's so much work getting food together and seeing what's in them. I am not a morning person and I end up waking up late enough to shower and run out of the door. I think I have a mild case of IBS affected by nerves and being anxious. This does not leave me an appetite in the morning because I feel like I immediately need to go to the bathroom.

My biggest issue I think is finding food to last me the day. I work in the morning-afternoon and typically have class in the afternoon until about 8pm 3 nights a week. This causes me to grab junk from the union at school, then also eat when I get home. I need to find some healthy things that are easy to make that I don't get bored with for lunch/meals thru the day. 2 slices of whole grain, cheese, lettuce, and some random lunch meat gets old QUICK.

I just feel the lack of motivation right now and that I'm going to keep going up. Maybe I'll wake up if I hit 300. I'm getting married in 11 months and I'm absolutely disgusted with the way I look.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Someone wake me up please"

Howya posting dat der thread if ur sleepin brah?
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I kind of know what you're going through.

Its hard for me to stay motivated and if I didn't have time in the day to surf this website and friends to push me, I can honestly say that I probably wouldn't be doing what I am. The easiest thing to do would be to prepare. You say you're in school, do you live in the dorm? If you live off campus and have access to a grill, when you get home at night take 30 mins to grill a bunch of chicken, beef patties, steak, and have it all for the next few days. I'm huge on chicken so I'll cook up 12 pieces of chicken breast (skinless, fat trimmed) with like montreal steak seasoning, and throughout the day I'll eat it one way with lunch, another way as a second lunch, and another way for dinner. The next day I'll mix it up by eating the beef instead. Don't kill yourself over the diet, you have to keep some things to keep your sanity and to keep yourself from getting burned out too quick. Lunch meats on whole grain is good, but not great. Substitue with a wheat wrap, extra sharp low fat cheese, thinnly sliced grilled chicken you made the night before, some veggies, and a bit of hot sauce.

Try eating some natural low fat yogurts in the morning. You don't have to eat a ton but it will help with your digestive system (I used to be the same way, anything I ate came right out immediately after.) Once your body gets used to food when you first wake up, you'll start to get hungry and be able to muscle down bigger healthier foods. Also don't eat so late night (I understand sometimes you can't help it), don't eat huge meals before bedtime if you can help it. You'll be hungry in the morning if you portion your meals correctly.

I am by no means a pro and as you can see this is my first post. But I hear you and I thought I would offer my two cents. For what its worth, I go to school full time, work full time, and I'm a volunteer firefighter where eating is when you can and whatever you can find... but I still manage, and I stay motivated. The mirrior and results are my biggest motivation, then its my friends and bb.com

Also I understand not everyone can get to the gym. 30 mins speed walking everyday goes a long way along with dieting. You'll lose weight in the kitchen first, supplement it with cardio. If you have to do jumping jacks in your living room with a HIIT style; do 30 jumping jacks hard, then jog in placed for 30 seconds, repeat till you are too tired to go on, then go on a little bit more.

You can do it.

tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by penguinsrneat View Post
    I kind of know what you're going through.

Its hard for me to stay motivated and if I didn't have time in the day to surf this website and friends to push me, I can honestly say that I probably wouldn't be doing what I am. The easiest thing to do would be to prepare. You say you're in school, do you live in the dorm? If you live off campus and have access to a grill, when you get home at night take 30 mins to grill a bunch of chicken, beef patties, steak, and have it all for the next few days. I'm huge on chicken so I'll cook up 12 pieces of chicken breast (skinless, fat trimmed) with like montreal steak seasoning, and throughout the day I'll eat it one way with lunch, another way as a second lunch, and another way for dinner. The next day I'll mix it up by eating the beef instead. Don't kill yourself over the diet, you have to keep some things to keep your sanity and to keep yourself from getting burned out too quick. Lunch meats on whole grain is good, but not great. Substitue with a wheat wrap, extra sharp low fat cheese, thinnly sliced grilled chicken you made the night before, some veggies, and a bit of hot sauce.

Try eating some natural low fat yogurts in the morning. You don't have to eat a ton but it will help with your digestive system (I used to be the same way, anything I ate came right out immediately after.) Once your body gets used to food when you first wake up, you'll start to get hungry and be able to muscle down bigger healthier foods. Also don't eat so late night (I understand sometimes you can't help it), don't eat huge meals before bedtime if you can help it. You'll be hungry in the morning if you portion your meals correctly.

I am by no means a pro and as you can see this is my first post. But I hear you and I thought I would offer my two cents. For what its worth, I go to school full time, work full time, and I'm a volunteer firefighter where eating is when you can and whatever you can find... but I still manage, and I stay motivated. The mirrior and results are my biggest motivation, then its my friends and bb.com

Also I understand not everyone can get to the gym. 30 mins speed walking everyday goes a long way along with dieting. You'll lose weight in the kitchen first, supplement it with cardio. If you have to do jumping jacks in your living room with a HIIT style; do 30 jumping jacks hard, then jog in placed for 30 seconds, repeat till you are too tired to go on, then go on a little bit more.

You can do it.
    Thanks...a lot. That was definitely a helpful post. I think one of the things I lack the most is a partner to workout with. Someone to stay accountable to.

How do you keep your lunch interesting? The same seasoned chicken breast all the time...

penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) penguinsrneat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well yesterday I had one of the pieces of chicken I had cooked the night before. All of my chicken get marinated in zesty italian dressing with montreal steak seasoning (I fillet the chicken a little so it will cook faster and the marinade soaks in deep, downside is if you cook too long your chicken will be drier than normal). So for lunch yesterday I ate two roughly 4oz pieces of chicken breast with instant brown rice with chicken broth. Its like 2 dollars if that for the microwavable uncle bens rice package, theres a lot in there. Since I think brown rice is not only a PITA to make but the texture is really crappy, I like the microwavable with chicken broth and some pepper; that was my lunch yesterday. Last night I had the same chicken, but I wanted to cheat a little plus I was lazy, I ate the chicken breast with franks red hot buffalo sauce with a wee bit of light ranch do give it a creamy taste with a can of corn. Yea I know I'm a fatty, I ate a whole can of corn, it was good, no regrets =D Today for lunch I had another piece of chicken breast with some cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and a wrap, no veggies today. In about an hour I'm going to be hungry again so I'll just eat the chicken breast straight up.

If you like salads, shred the chicken, put it in a salad. Eat wraps with different stuff on it, there are good recipes for healthy salsas, I like hot sauce, do a stir fry with peppers, onions, and veggies, eat it on rice with a sweet sauce (careful sweet sauce usually has a lot of sugar though), eat it however you want. If you wanted to you could eat it in oatmeal, believe me I've been thinking about it. My hardest time is coming up with a side, I hate veggies so it kind of screws me.

My next favorite is lean turkey meat though. I'll make patties and just eat it however, hot sauce, A1, with cheese, you can even use the turkey and make a homemade chili, spaghetti, or even a meatloaf but substitute with oats and healthier things.
    "When you're running and the little person that talks to you and say's I'm tired, there is no way I can possibly continue, and you want to quit. If you learn how to defeat that person when you're running, you will learn how to not quit when things get hard in your life."
    -Will Smith

My goal is to be healthy, be fit, be strong, be better than who I was the day before.

Cutting:
    Start 08/14/09: 274lbs
    09/08/09: 256lbs

DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrNickd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well you may not love yourself right now but since youre getting married, somebody out there does. So , take a deep breath. The only person standing in the way of what u wanna be is you! You know that u have to eat better, wake up earlier etc so just do it. Why do you think NIKE uses that as their slogan. Some of us have made a commitment to ourselves to improve ourselves ...you need to do the same. We can all make a zillion excuses why we cant do something but at the end of the day you're only fooling yourself. I come on here and see some of the great changes folks have made and it really inspires me. And i respect those that have dedicated so much time and sacrificed so much to get a better, healthier body.

So, jus go do it!

paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tgabe213 View Post
    The weight is going on, and on, and on. I've gained nearly 20 lbs in the last 3 months with ****ty schedules for school and work, and just being on the go ALL the time.
    Stop making excuses and just DO it!

I need someone to wake me up. I don't know what my deal is.
    I used to have a boss that would tell people all the time "You're giving me your problems, but your not giving me any solutions."

I hate counting calories. It's so much work getting food together and seeing what's in them.
    Well at least this is something specific.... Try eating the same things. Buy healthy food in bulk and that way you don't need 10,000 different entries in fitday.

I am not a morning person and I end up waking up late enough to shower and run out of the door. I think I have a mild case of IBS affected by nerves and being anxious. This does not leave me an appetite in the morning because I feel like I immediately need to go to the bathroom.
    I used to work 2 part time jobs and carried a full time college schedule, and I still got my ass up at 4:00am every morning to run a few miles. If you want to do it, find a way and DO it. Stop making up excuses. Set realistic goals and then strive to achieve them. If you fail say "I'm going to do it this time" and then make more of an effort. You'll never accomplish anything in life with a "oh well I'll just sit back and come up with a list of reasons why I failed and don't plan on doing anything about that list". Find out why you failed and then come up with solutions to FIX it.

My biggest issue I think is finding food to last me the day. I work in the morning-afternoon and typically have class in the afternoon until about 8pm 3 nights a week. This causes me to grab junk from the union at school, then also eat when I get home. I need to find some healthy things that are easy to make that I don't get bored with for lunch/meals thru the day. 2 slices of whole grain, cheese, lettuce, and some random lunch meat gets old QUICK.
    Grab some good protein power or meal replacement shakes and stick them in a bag and then head out the door.

I just feel the lack of motivation right now and that I'm going to keep going up. Maybe I'll wake up if I hit 300. I'm getting married in 11 months and I'm absolutely disgusted with the way I look.
    More excuses. I'll try harder again after I reach a point more unhealthy than I already am now. If you know what you want to be in 11 months you don't have time for this pity party you are throwing for yourself. Set some small goals that you strive to achieve in a month. If you don't make it, identify WHY you didn't and then come up with solutions to FIX those problems. Stop telling everyone your problems and come up with solutions to FIX them.
    SciVation Whey
    ON creatine mono
    Omega 3-6-9
    Orange Triad
    Purple Wraath