jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jam867 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Realistic strength gains

I'm 19 years old and just got off a 3 month cut and weight about 155 pounds currently and I am starting a new semester at college and would like to gain about 10 pounds in 16 weeks. I have my nutrition nailed down pretty well so I know how much I have to eat and of what. I am starting ICF 5x5 because I am a novice when it comes to lifting. I like the idea of lifting 3x per week full body since my bush schedule of being a fulltime student. I just want to know if anyone has had decent strength gains on their first bulk. I am only planning to gain weight for about 3.5 months and my lifting 1RM are as follows
    Squat 225
    Bench 185
    Deadlift 270
    Overhead Press 120.
    What are some realistic gains for each of these lifts in this timeframe? I just want some personal experiences from people. Thanks

rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Everyone is going to be different, but I could see your maxes coming up to something like

bench 225x1
    squat 315-365x1
    deads 365-405x1
    ohp 135-145

YMMV of course.

Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At your stage, I could see you adding 2.5-5lbs a week to your lower body 1RMs and 2.5lbs/week to bench and ohp if you are in a caloric surplus and your programming is on point. Everyone is different though and rather than try and plan out how quickly you think you should be progressing, just focus on pushing yourself as hard as you can, because you could end up progressing even faster than predicted.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

"When I see a program that says three sets of eight reps? That's the stupidest f****** thing ever. If it doesn't have a specific percentage based on a specific max, it's useless." -Jim Wendler

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At your stage, especially at 155 lbs you are probably reaching that point where gains don't come as linearly anymore. I mean you would still benefit from the progression of a novice program but don't be disappointed if your lifts don't go up every day. One thing I've learned about setting goals is that I almost never reach them lol. Many people including myself underestimate how long it takes to reach certain numbers, because you have to factor in things like life duties, soreness, injuries, occasional off days, and just overall not gaining strength as fast as you would think.

I think the 2nd poster really overestimates how much you are going to gain. You want to gain 10 lbs in 16 weeks, it is a fairly modest bulk, you won't be getting fat but don't expect strength gains through the roof at 2.5 lbs a week.

I could see you gaining anywhere from 60 lbs on your deadlift/squat, around 30 lbs on your bench and maybe around 15-20 on OHP in that timeframe.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rollalong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    At your stage, especially at 155 lbs you are probably reaching that point where gains don't come as linearly anymore. I mean you would still benefit from the progression of a novice program but don't be disappointed if your lifts don't go up every day. One thing I've learned about setting goals is that I almost never reach them lol. Many people including myself underestimate how long it takes to reach certain numbers, because you have to factor in things like life duties, soreness, injuries, occasional off days, and just overall not gaining strength as fast as you would think.

I think the 2nd poster really overestimates how much you are going to gain. You want to gain 10 lbs in 16 weeks, it is a fairly modest bulk, you won't be getting fat but don't expect strength gains through the roof at 2.5 lbs a week.

I could see you gaining anywhere from 60 lbs on your deadlift/squat, around 30 lbs on your bench and maybe around 15-20 on OHP in that timeframe.
    If you're grinding out ****ty reps using leverages to get the weight up then you'll certainly burn out sooner and not hit those goals. Knowing how to hit the muscles and lose the ego can keep you progressing for a long time. I increased my squat from 185 3x5 to 275x10 in 10 weeks and I'm nowhere near genetically gifted. Don't grind out reps, focus on hitting the muscles with every rep and when form starts going to ****, you're done with that lift for the day, come back next time and try again. Doing it this way, I don't think those numbers I gave are unrealistic at all, the lower part of the range I gave especially.