TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TammyBravomalo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Suggestions for preparing for a competition

Someone had emailed me this question, "I'm training for my first figure competition which is at the end of May. Any tips/advice for a newbie?"

This is a great question! I wanted to know the same thing for my first show. I've learned a great deal from this past year of competing and still have a lot more to learn. My suggestions are the following:

1. Make sure you start the proper diet no less than 12 weeks out from your show. I even recommend 16 weeks out.

2. Make sure you are taking in enough protein to maintain muscle mass. I take 250g-300g per day. I generally try to stay at 300g though. I only consume this much protein when I am on my diet.

3. When you start your diet, take a fat burner that works well for you. I noticed great results from taking Lipo6x.

4. Take an otc diuretic, usually 5 days out from show date. The reason why I say otc (over the counter), is because a prescription diuretic will cause you to blow up like a balloon the day after the competition.

5. The most important thing, to prepare for a show, is posing. You can give the appearance that you have 10lbs more of solid muscle just by the way you pose. Also, you might look awesome, but if your posing is not right, it can cost you to place. Practice, practice, practice.

From experience...if you look at my side pose from my first show, the Panhandle Showdown, you will notice my upper body needs to be twisted more towards the front, (located under my pics). I did not look as muscular as I could have. Then, if you look at my side poses, under my progress pics, you will notice it looks like I have a lot more muscle just in how I posed.

DURING THE SHOW

1. Remember you are in the best shape you can possibly be. You busted your butt for all of those months and now it's time to shine! Enjoy a candy bar 30 mins b4 you go on stage =)

2. Maintain confidence, smile, and look at every single judge.

3. The most important thing to remember is no matter what you place, do no show a hint of sadness or anger if you do not place where you thought you should have. Always remember to stay humble and congratulate everyone that competed with you.

4. What judges are looking for changes all of the time. See if the judges will give constructive suggestions on what you need to work on. Do not argue with the judges or say, "Oh I knew that". They are trying to help you succeed in this tough industry, so remember to thank the judge for their advice.

AFTER THE SHOW

1. You have had such a stressful, long day; so eat anything you want!

2. Rest the day after. Your body is going to be sore from all the posing the day of the show.

ENJOY THE BULK UP STAGE =)