StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 protein shakes too much for losing weight?

Right now i work out approx 6 days a week with a 3 day on one day off routine

i was wondering on work out days if i am trying to drop weight would 3 shakes be too much

would you recommend mixing them with water or is 1% milk w/omega 3 ok?

right now i consume 2 a day mixed wit 1% milk and 1 serving of low fat PB along with 2 other meals and still am not in taking enough calories so i was thinking of adding another shake

My shakes are
    1 serving Isopure low carb: 220 cal 1g fat 50g protein 3g carb 2g fiber
    1 serving Fiber: 15 cal 4g carb 3g fiber
    1 serving Low Fat PB: 190 cal 12g fat 8g Protein 15g carb 1g fiber
    12 oz 1% Milk w/ omega 3: 180 cal 3.75 g fat 15g protein 21g carb

one shake: 605 cal 16.75g fat 73g protein 39g carb 6g fiber
    three shakes: 1815 cal 50.25g fat 219g protein 117g carb 18g fiber

PS. my weight right now is approx 245
    Body Transformation + Abdomnioplasty results
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQx7fWIEblU

beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i mix with water and i take 5 a day and have no issue losing weight. listen if u calculate them in to your deficit it will only be a benefit... why people think there so abd is beyond me.. mine has 0.5 grams of fat, 2carbs, and 26grams of protein.. if that wont help you lose weight, well maintaining muscle, i dont know what will.

beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    also OP casein is much more expensive than whey so at night i use milk with a scoop of whey and it slows the whey breakdown making it feed me protein during sleep hours.

i also dont add PB, milk, ect during daily shakes. just my shake, and water which is about 115cals. if you have AIM id gladly give you some tips.

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It doesn't matter how much shakes you consume throughout the day IF they fit in your macros or calories.

And that applies to milk. If milk will screw up your daily cals, then it's not needed.

I don't buy all that "slow" protein at night... IMO, it won't make a difference in results if it's slow or fast.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I drink 3 shakes a day on workout days. One for breakfast with milk, post-workout with water, and pre-bed with milk and have lost 30 pounds in six months on my last cut. If it fits in your calories then go for it.

StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongIron84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the advice, yeah having 3 shakes even with milk won't put me over my limit but maybe ill make one of the shakes with just water, my other meals are only about 300 calories each ...if that, so ill see what i can do i am trying to hit 220 pounds by January or February and i want to make my post work out weight not need to use the "250" marker on the scale by the end of the month... im like a pound away lol

Originally Posted by StrongIron84 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, yeah having 3 shakes even with milk won't put me over my limit but maybe ill make one of the shakes with just water, my other meals are only about 300 calories each ...if that, so ill see what i can do i am trying to hit 220 pounds by January or February and i want to make my post work out weight not need to use the "250" marker on the scale by the end of the month... im like a pound away lol
    thats a easy goal bro.

Originally Posted by beyondbasic View Post
    thats a easy goal bro.
    yeah i like to set small simple goals for myself rather than say "i wanna be 200 pounds by December with 6 pack abs"... then get discouraged when i don't achieve it... this way if i achieve my goal early or on time... it gives me some extra motivation

supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Look into Dave Palumbos diet if you get stuck to try and trick your body into more bf loss you seem to be doing fine for now
    Some People are nothing more than a skid-mark on the toilet bowl of life, never let them bring you down the drain with them
    Currently ranked 6th Total @Powerliftingwatch.com Masters rankings @220 Raw
    # 36 Mens 1565 RAW TOTAL
    UPA NAtionals Winner 4-17-2011

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid

Originally Posted by supy View Post
    Look into Dave Palumbos diet if you get stuck to try and trick your body into more bf loss you seem to be doing fine for now
    Hey thanks, actually maybe i will try that diet at the end of this month and see how i do!

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey thanks, actually maybe i will try that diet at the end of this month and see how i do!
    Changin diets will confuse you ! If your diet is working, don't change it ! Just lower calories when you're stuck!

I fell for this to see what my body would reponse to and tried 4 different diets and wasted 4 weeks just being lost.... big ass mistake.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

Originally Posted by Problem View Post
    Changin diets will confuse you ! If your diet is working, don't change it ! Just lower calories when you're stuck!

I fell for this to see what my body would reponse to and tried 4 different diets and wasted 4 weeks just being lost.... big ass mistake.
    well right now i just eat random healthy foods so im confusing my body anyways lol...

but when i said try it i meant try it for 2-3 months to see results not just 2-3 days so after i am done my routine and weigh myself on the 24th i will switch to the other diet for the next 2 month's and see results

marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right now i work out approx 6 days a week with a 3 day on one day off routine

i was wondering on work out days if i am trying to drop weight would 3 shakes be too much

would you recommend mixing them with water or is 1% milk w/omega 3 ok?

right now i consume 2 a day mixed wit 1% milk and 1 serving of low fat PB along with 2 other meals and still am not in taking enough calories so i was thinking of adding another shake

My shakes are
    1 serving Isopure low carb: 220 cal 1g fat 50g protein 3g carb 2g fiber
    1 serving Fiber: 15 cal 4g carb 3g fiber
    1 serving Low Fat PB: 190 cal 12g fat 8g Protein 15g carb 1g fiber
    12 oz 1% Milk w/ omega 3: 180 cal 3.75 g fat 15g protein 21g carb

one shake: 605 cal 16.75g fat 73g protein 39g carb 6g fiber
    three shakes: 1815 cal 50.25g fat 219g protein 117g carb 18g fiber

PS. my weight right now is approx 245
    i currently take 3 shakes per day , 1 in the morning with whole grain cereal , 1 pre workout , and 1 post workout. are you eating any other calories besides the shakes ? i used to drink 5 shakes a day and found that was too much , so I cut it down to 3 , i think 3 is fine.

Originally Posted by marcieg View Post
    i currently take 3 shakes per day , 1 in the morning with whole grain cereal , 1 pre workout , and 1 post workout. are you eating any other calories besides the shakes ? i used to drink 5 shakes a day and found that was too much , so I cut it down to 3 , i think 3 is fine.
    yeah i have a shake for breakfast 1-2 hrs later a small meal then i work out then a shake after i work out then 1-2 hrs later another meal and now im considering throwing a 3rd shake in the mix 2 hrs or so after the last meal so i would have 5 meals a day

Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i drink anywhere between 3-5 shakes a day.... reguardless of workout or rest day...... mostly because chicken and turkey are expensive, and powders are not... and i've been losing about 2-3lbs a week now for the last 4 weeks....
    Wanting to do a Keto diet, but loves carbs too much.....

wow, so i threw the idea by my "best friend" about switching to 3 shakes a day instead of 2... and all he kept saying was "you don't eat before bed that's if you want to gain weight not lose weight" ... "don't drink 3 that is too much for you if you want to lose weight" ... and after everything he would throw in "bro look at me and look at you, listen to what i say" ... implying because hes 190 at 9% body fat and im 245 at 20+ i should listen to him...but hes never had a problem with weight hes been thin his whole life and has never had to worry about losing weight all hes had to worry about was gaining muscle... me on the other hand i've always been over weight and after adding up my calorie intake day to day i realized i still need more as i am usually only sitting at about 1500-1800 for the day