brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much cardio question

Ok, so i have not made much progress over the first 4 weeks of training...meaning not losing any bodyfat, infact the percentage went up. I have just starting lifting heavier since the last two weeks, more so the last week. Looking back at the last 4 weeks on my calendar where I log all my workouts, i can tell that I did not do alot of cardio. I am lifting 4 days a week. The cardio has been 30 minutes post lifting days. And i did skip some workouts in the last month. So i know that cardio is definitely lacking. Here is my plan so far please tell me what you think. I have been told that it is "too much" cardio. I am sitting at 5'4" 159 lbs and last time I checked 30.5% BF on my scale at home.

This is my plan for the next 4 weeks, I will do 2 weeks fasted AM workouts to see how fasted cardio will help my body....then I will do the following 2 weeks with a AM fuelled workout...meaning a protein shake or something before AM cardio. Here is my planned workout: Please feel free to critique, advice...I have made it my goal to do a FAME figure competition in March 2010...crossing my fingers...I am doing this alone, no trainer. I will just copy and paste from my journal: Sorry for the long read!

So...lets hear it gang..... Fasted AM Cardio vs. Fuelled up AM cardio

For the next 4 weeks I have decided to experiment. It is quite obvious that I need to up my cardio. Yes, I reviewed last months workouts thoroughly and the cardio has been lacking!!! BIG TIME! I know in order to get the fat off I need cardio! cardio! cardio!

The first 4 weeks the results have been miniscule to none. So in order to see what works and what doesn't I need to experiment.

For the first two weeks I have decided to...drumroll please and do not faint....get up at "the birds aren't even up yet O' clock" and do a fasted cardio. At least I will be at work on time..pffft...I will take pics at the end of the two weeks...

and then...

I will do a protein drink in the morning or if there is something else you could suggest as a fuel in the AM...I am a Timmy's coffee gal people, so don't even talk to me before my morning coffee...Ok, Ok, that's not fuel but if you guys or gals could suggest a preworkout meal, drink, pill...anything...I would appreciate all the suggestions.

The following two weeks I will do a fuel up before AM cardio and take pics at the end of those two weeks, which will be my monthly pic time anyway... I will determine what made me feel better, worse...blah blah blah

So that's the plan, starting tomorrow morning...I will get my fat arse outta bed and on that treadmill collecting dust in my basement.

Here is the first two week plan:

Monday~AM fasted cardio 60 minutes on treadmill
    LEG DAY~Glutes, Hammy's, Quads
    PM cardio 30 minutes (I've been throwing flirty looks at the rowing machine lately..maybe I will go over and say .....Hellllooooooo)

Tuesday~ AM fasted cardio 60 minutes
    and PM cardio 60 minutes

Wednesday~AM fasted cardio 60 minutes on treadmill
    BACK DAY~Back, Triceps, Traps
    PM cardio 30 minutes (elliptical or bike)

Thursday~ AM fasted cardio 60 minutes
    Strictly ABs (lookout Miss Jackson!...yes still looking for that holy grail of Janet Jackson type abs)
    PM Cardio 60 minutes

Friday~ Cardio only AM/PM 60 minutes each

Saturday~AM Fasted Cardio 60 minutes
    Biceps, Shoulders/Abs
    PM cardio 30 minutes

Sunday~ Hallelujiah!!!! REST DAY!!!

What do you guys and gals think?

paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you sure your issues are not diet related instead of workout related?

If you have your diet solid, I have personally seen more progress with fasted cardio, but everyone is different. Also need to watch your diet to make sure you are not eating away at muscle instead of fat.
    SciVation Whey
    ON creatine mono
    Omega 3-6-9
    Orange Triad
    Purple Wraath

brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownbikerbabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by paddrino View Post
    Are you sure your issues are not diet related instead of workout related?

If you have your diet solid, I have personally seen more progress with fasted cardio, but everyone is different. Also need to watch your diet to make sure you are not eating away at muscle instead of fat.
    thanks!

that is the other thing I plan to do...write down every morsal that goes down my gullet! So that I can analyse at the end of the week what is what! I am eating clean. With just one cheat meal in the week.

paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paddrino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you haven't been tracking everything you are eating then I would DEFINITELY recommend that you start there. Fitday has a great online source for this: http://www.fitday.com/. Start there and then make sure you track EVERYTHING. I think you'll be surprised at the numbers once you start tracking it.

p.s. Read the sticky: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=1305
    SciVation Whey
    ON creatine mono
    Omega 3-6-9
    Orange Triad
    Purple Wraath