chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chloe233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clean Eating Consistency

Hey all

Ive been prepping for my first competition since March of 2014, and plan to debut in the Spring of 2015. I've never missed a workout and LOVE working out. On the most part, I can stick to my coaches plans. My coach has a cheat meal every week which is WAY easier than when I didn't have a cheat meal. Overall the meal plan plus cheat meal thing works for me vs IIFYM since I would choose crappy options a bit too frequently. Anyway, even with a great meal plan that has me eating frequently, with high protein and good amount of fats and carbs I am having a hard time 'unlearning' the habit of tasting here and tasting there sweets that are around in life. I sometimes try to 'make up' for it by skipping out on a carb or healthy fat later in the day, not great. Besides the obvious 'dont do that' or 'be better' sort of stuff, any tips for really tightening up the diet?? About prepping, organizing, mindset etc. Additional info: Im a mom and always getting food together for my son, and my husband (who would cook but we'd end up eating pizza and pasta lol ). Seriously, I know the folks who really crush it in the comps are able to be super tight. Maybe some of them just 'get it' but Im sure many more had to 'learn it.' As a learner, looking for some help and tips and insight and, yeah, reality

realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) realdurtysouth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chloe233 View Post
    I am having a hard time 'unlearning' the habit of tasting here and tasting there sweets that are around in life.
    Two questions:

1) What sorts of "sweets" are we talking about and in what volume? I mean, "sweets" to me means one or two penny sweets/candies, which is going to have no impact on your caloric intake or body composition whatsoever realistically

2) Are you seeing any negative consequences as a result of this occasional snacking on your body composition or other goals? If not, you may just be beating yourself up over it mentally for no reason.

I think if you could clarify what exactly you're eating beyond your meal plan and in what sort of quantity/number of calories it would help.
    Last edited by realdurtysouth; 11-09-2014 at 11:54 AM.