jburchill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist Position while benching

What is the best wrist position for benching? When I currently bench now my wrist bends backwards, I'm not sure if this the best form. Is it better to have your wrists straight when benching or where is bends backwards some so the bar fits in the palm.

Thanks

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    You keep them straight, and you do so by having your elbows directly under the bar at all times.

Dysfunctional Strength Entkommen115's Avatar
    Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Make sure that the wrists are kept as straight as possible. If your wrists are back it puts you at a disadvantageous position for pushing (your triceps will have too work a lot harder than they need to).
    "Clit stimulation if your fingers are dry is not a good idea. The clit is more sensitive than the underside of a guy's penis, apparently.

Good rule of thumb: make sure you're fingers aren't dry before they go anywhere NEAR her clit/pussy.

Also, besides myself, maybe 2-3 of you have actually done anything like this before..."

-Daniel Beauchamp

jburchill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice. i'm getting close to getting 315 so any help in getting that is awesome.

showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Like they said...definitely keep the wrists straight. If you keep the bar to high in your hands(exp. the first digits of each finger), the wrists will collapse backwards while pressing the weight. Think of this as shock absorbtion. The wrists will bend back all the way and then the bar will be moved. Not only is this wasted energy, but something that will increase your risk of developing wrist problems somewhere down the line. I like to keep[ the bar low in my hand...basically across my palm. However, use precaution when keeping the bar low in the hand if you are someone who doesn't wrap the thumb...as it will greatly increase the chance that the bar will slide out of your hands. Many people...including myself... use wrist wraps as opposed to gloves that "include wrist support"...aka walmarts weightlifting gloves. I would HIGHLY recommend APT wrist wraps...as you see 99% of powerlifters using them. They are very elastic...allowing you to wrap your wrists to the point where you cannot move them in any direction.

google prowriststraps and it will take you to APT's site.

I own the 24 inch black mamba's and I love them. I don't have any experience with any of their other wraps but I'm sure many if not all of them would be sufficient. I also like to use the wraps for bicep work since I sometimes develop what feels like shin splints but in my forearms.

If you need help figuring out how to put the straps on correctly go to youtube and just do a quick search for wrist wrapping...or if you're just curious to see how elastic/strong these things truly are.

Hope this helps
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151789213&page=19

showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're looking for a good way to get 315, I'd recommend going to youtube and searching "dave tate bench". the first link will say "Dave Tate's Six-Week Bench Press Cure". Great tips for making sure your technique is solid. There is a link after that video is done playing(under related videos) which says westside bench press. Great advice for drastically shortening your range of motion. Definitely the best video I've seen that truly distinguishes between benching for bodybuilding vs powerlifting.

I would just send you the links myself but bb.com is retarded and requires a minimum of 30 posts in the forums before you are allowed to post links.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151789213&page=19