Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Voluminous is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Total Sports America Bench

Hey.

How good are TSA benches? There's a craigslist ad for a TSA Olympic bench (model 5758) with a squat rack and 300 lbs of weight for $250. Wanna know if they're a reliable company or if I should keep looking.

Thanks.

Voluminous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone?

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 205 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1012
    buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) buffbrown21 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit buffbrown21's BodySpace
    They are considered pretty low end as far as equipment goes...generally speaking.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Stats: 5'8", 230 lbs
    Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Keetman's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by The official/unofficial workout equipment FAQ to try and eliminate stupid questions
    Q: "What are some good equipment manufacturers?"
    A: by no means is this an exhaustive or complete list but, Body Solid, Life Fitness, Precor, Parabody, Tuff Stuff, Cybex, Hammer Strength, Icarian, Nautilus, Hoist, Magnum, Promaxima, Smooth, Octane, Landice, Vectra, Legend, Keys, Yukon, True, Nebula, Atomic, Power Lift, Ivanko, Eleiko, EFS, TDS, Hampton, Troy, Cemco, Diamondback, York, Powertec, Bodycraft

Originally Posted by The official/unofficial workout equipment FAQ to try and eliminate stupid questions
    Q: "What are some bad equipment manufacturers?"
    I tend to shy away from anything by the following companies (although if the price is right you never know...) Weider, Golds, Impex, Marcy, Body By Jake, Total Sports America, Apex, Bowflex, Image, Body Vision, Weslo, Pro-Form, Reebok, Icon, Tracker, Nordic Track and the vast majority of things you see advertised on television.

Q: I think I found an awesome deal on Craigslist what do you guys think?
    A: post your find in this thread here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=109374491

Stickies are your friend. They tell you information that has been gone over and over and over and over and over and over. Deseee took a lot of time to make the above sticky just for you! Right before you click on "Make a New Thread"....you should peruse them to see if your question has already been answered enough that possibly its been put in a sticky.

Also, if you google TSA Olympic Bench (model 5758), you find that its simply a bench press setup. Those are pretty much (PRETTY MUCH) universally frowned upon here, and for good reason...because they make a better option, its called a power rack or cage. Again, this is talked about in a sticky:

Q: "I'm a newb and I want to know what I should get to start my home gym?"
    A: The majority of people will be best served by getting a Power Rack, Flat-Incline-Decline Bench and a set of Olympic weights to start. The reason you want a power rack is that you can do roughly 90% of all the exercises you can think of with one and do them SAFELY. The spotters on Power Racks have saved myself and countless others a lot of pain and injury. check out this thread for info about power racks, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=109657991

Hope this helps. Before you blast me for being a smartass (which I am), take a minute to think about what I posted here. Yea, I'm hitting you in the butt, but I also answered your question (basically) and showed you how to find the answers on your own....which should be a goal for those seeking information!

Good luck
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13