Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First pull up of my entire life!

Around this day last year i started my journey to lose weight and pack on as much muscle as possible and so far I have gone from 415lbs to now 269lbs . I have never been in shape at all, I have always been that big fat kid in school and at parties always being made fun of always the target of jokes. but im not here to bitch just here to tell some people about my accomplishment. Since around sep 1st last year my main goal was to be able to finally in my life to be able to do a full pull up on my own. I was in the gym today doing calves and forearms when I decided ill give it another try, stepped up to the bar and pulled all the way up to my chin. I am normally not one to get emotional but I could not help myself I started crying, everyone was kinda looking at me but I didn't care finally for the first time in my life I had accomplished something.

So for anyone trying to lose weight and get in shape never ever give up any goal is attainable with enough dedication always believe in yourself and keep trying !
    To break down barriers you must ignore limits

bdobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdobbes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Grats bro. Can't wait until I can do an unassisted pullup.

oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldbodyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Outstanding! You've made great progress. Keep setting new goals and I'm sure you'll achieve them.

matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    good job man keep it up it only gets better as you go

MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelKB is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

WOW... that's some MAJOR weight loss! Congratulations, man! That's something to really be proud of. Of course the pullup too! Great job on the lifestyle change.... no telling how many years you added on to your life by making that change.
    Michael

thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep it up. Pull-ups at 269, keep it up your back will show your hard work. I use negatives to get my pull-up numbers up. I do as many as I can then stand on a bench and fight the negative all the way down. When I reach bottom I do it again. repeat as needed. And again congrats.

Assurance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    grats on that pullup.

OG of Dat Gushy Wet Wet blizo843's Avatar
    blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blizo843 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job man.

johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnyscans is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats man!
    WINTER IS COMING

Next meet: October?
    Squat - 350 (Goal: 405) - Bench - 245 (Goal: 260) - Deadlift - 500 (Goal: 550) - OHP - 175 (Goal: 185) Total: 1085 (Goal: 1200)

<<<***Boston Misc Crew***>>> | -Cologne Crew-
    "Vikings never gave a shi*t how they looked when they swung the axe, only that the axe landed hard and with purpose." - Jim Wendler

older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thelemac View Post
    Keep it up. Pull-ups at 269, keep it up your back will show your hard work. I use negatives to get my pull-up numbers up. I do as many as I can then stand on a bench and fight the negative all the way down. When I reach bottom I do it again. repeat as needed. And again congrats.
    ^^^This. When I started I could do three pullups and wasn't making any progress. Not feeling sore at all. Then I read about negative pullups. I'm up to five now, and after that I do what is described above. Three sets of five negative pullups. Makes me sore and I'm showing some progress.
    05/24/2009, 186.2 lbs
    04/01/2010, 159.4 lbs

Loose rhymes with goose. Lose rhymes with ooze.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i stuck with rows/pull downs for the longest time for fear of looking like an idiot struggling to do a pull up....I was quite pleased to do 5 in a row my first time doing them in ages....really dumb of me to wait and think that way though....I'm up to ~20 now....25 chins....and BW+35x5....absolutely love my back

i've found it really helps to visualize using your back for the pull up motion, don't even think about using the arms, they're the first to fail, the back is the strongest muscle in the motion and you're only as strong as your weakest muscles, the arms/grip....don't even think about them during the pull up, squeeze those rhoms
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amulon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    Around this day last year i started my journey to lose weight and pack on as much muscle as possible and so far I have gone from 415lbs to now 269lbs . I have never been in shape at all, I have always been that big fat kid in school and at parties always being made fun of always the target of jokes. but im not here to bitch just here to tell some people about my accomplishment. Since around sep 1st last year my main goal was to be able to finally in my life to be able to do a full pull up on my own. I was in the gym today doing calves and forearms when I decided ill give it another try, stepped up to the bar and pulled all the way up to my chin. I am normally not one to get emotional but I could not help myself I started crying, everyone was kinda looking at me but I didn't care finally for the first time in my life I had accomplished something.

So for anyone trying to lose weight and get in shape never ever give up any goal is attainable with enough dedication always believe in yourself and keep trying !
    Hey! Great job. Celebrate the wins!

sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's beautiful isn't it, it was just a few months ago when i finally hit my first pull up! and o boy did it feel great. today i can do about 3 keep up the hard work!!!!!!

jpp380 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpp380 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpp380 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpp380 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpp380 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpp380 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpp380 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats awesome man Congrats ! Imagine how many you'll be doin this time next year. Keep up the good work !

kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingLBJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nice i just did my first pull up yesterday too, but i weight less then u 2

Darmawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darmawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darmawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darmawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

congrats dude!!!!
    If you're a noob, don't train like a body builder. Train like a power lifter, eat like a body builder.

That's why I train like a power lifter, and eat like a body builder!

Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys went back to the gym after work for dead lifts and chest and knocked out a few more pullups not in a row of course =) but it felt phenomenal. thanks for the encouraging words !
    To break down barriers you must ignore limits

beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GREAT WORK MAN. i did 1 MY FIRST TIME IN FEB now im up to 11-15 depending on day, now they come quick. trust me. great work. REP GIVEN.

smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500) smoknjoe is not very helpful. (-500)
    Awesome,man. I wish i was in your shoes- I need at least 100 pounds assistance.
    8/31/09- 235

Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Durendal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats man! Always good to see people achieving their personal goals.

Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Susan70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol

sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wow amazing work

Really impressive! You've come a very long way in a short amount of time. Bodybuilding is one of those things where the longer you stay with it and work hard, the better the rewards will be. Keep up the great work. You've proven to yourself that you can do this. You will achieve any goals you set your mind to. All you need is time. Stick with it

Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike7120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's awesome man, congrats!

Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trapezius82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice work, thats alot of weight you shed off. You should document your weight loss and post pictures theres alot of people who could use that kind of inspiration/motivation.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment" ~Marcus Aurelius

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

congratulations!

Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kasper419 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congratz man, its a huge accomplishment really... I did my first about 6 months ago. I used to think that if I was hanging off a cliff or about to fall I wouldn't be able to save myself.. its actually I pretty scary thing to think about. It's a true test of strength in my opinion, keep it up!
    Active USN - Master-At-Arms - Deployed in the 'Stan.

sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sotorious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kasper419 View Post
    Congratz man, its a huge accomplishment really... I did my first about 6 months ago. I used to think that if I was hanging off a cliff or about to fall I wouldn't be able to save myself.. its actually I pretty scary thing to think about. It's a true test of strength in my opinion, keep it up!
    hahah i swear i used to tell my self the same thing!!!!!!

Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Impressive strength bro, 269lbs that's not an easy weight to pull.. Congrats on the loss so far.

KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50) KashInferno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great job, my man! i remember my first pull up. it was in march i think and my friend was telling me to give it a shot. i wasn't expecting to do it at all, but i pulled as hard as i could and before i could even react, my chin hit the bar! it must have been an amazing accomplishment for you though, cuz i only weighed about 140 at the time lol.

keep trying to break your previous record. before you know it you'll be pro

power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) power-lift-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Seyton View Post

Thats awesome man. The pull-up and the weight loss is incredible. Pull-ups have always been one of my favorite exercises, but I'm really skinny so a pull-up for me isn't near as big of a deal. Btw doing a pull-up at 270lbs shows a huge amount of strength man and as you lose weight and build muscle you will keep adding reps. Thank you for posting this, it is very inspiring. Repped.