Registered User jakewantsmuscle's Avatar
    jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question about Bulking

alright so i just finished a cut. i got a nice 6 pack going and got my body fat to about 7.5%. heres the thing though, i want to keep my 6 pack. the girls at my school go crazy and immediately think youre strong or something if you have one. well my arms are a decent size along with my chest. but i wanted to start bulking. but if i bulk i dont want to lose my 6 pack. so what if while eating more calories i only went over maybe 10-50 calories a day. would that be pretty much pointless? do i need more calories to get a successful bulk? i was going to eat pretty clean but just eat a lot.

Chicken, Turkey, Steak, Pork, Fish, Cheese, Eggs, Cottage cheese, Peanut Butter, Apples, Banannas, Oranges, Carrots, Grapes, Watermelon, Celery, Green Beans, etc..

so the foods i ate would be fairly clean. I have a protein shake everyday and i also have small muscle milk. maybe a protein bar everyday or something. would this be a successful bulk if i ate like this and only went like 10-50 calories over my matinence each day?

and would anyone reccomend creatine?
    Again im new at this so please help me, thanks
    Last edited by jakewantsmuscle; 09-01-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jakewantsmuscle View Post
    alright so i just finished a cut. i got a nice 6 pack going and got my body fat to about 7.5%. heres the thing though, i want to keep my 6 pack. the girls at my school go crazy and immediately think youre strong or something if you have one. well my arms are a decent size along with my chest. but i wanted to start bulking. but if i bulk i dont want to lose my 6 pack. so what if while eating more calories i only went over maybe 10-50 calories a day. would that be pretty much pointless? do i need more calories to get a successful bulk? i was going to eat pretty clean but just eat a lot.

Chicken, Turkey, Steak, Pork, Fish, Cheese, Eggs, Cottage cheese, Peanut Butter, Apples, Banannas, Oranges, Carrots, Grapes, Watermelon, Celery, Green Beans, etc..

so the foods i ate would be fairly clean. maybe a protein bar everyday or something. would this be a successful bulk if i ate like this and only went like 10-50 calories over my matinence each day?

Again im new at this so please help me, thanks

No. You are retarded. 10 cals over maintenance will make literally no difference LOL

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ka0s View Post
    No. You are retarded. 10 cals over maintenance will make literally no difference LOL
    brb gaining 1 pound a year...
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay, here's the key to gaining muscle mass:
    -drink a gallon of skim milk a day(hard but you can do it)
    -whey protein
    -grilled chicken
    -rice
    -potatoes
    -some vegetables
    -eggs

-creatine if you must have to

that's about it for me. i gained 30lbs the last 8 months of bulking.

jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakewantsmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ok well you dont have to be a douche about it. im new at really paying attention to all this. before i just lifted. didnt pay attention to nutrition

Originally Posted by difleha View Post
    -whey protein
    -grilled chicken
    -rice
    -potatoes
    -some vegetables
    -eggs

thanks for an actual response. now with that would you add on bodyfat? because i really dont wanna lose my 6 pack. idk why but girls go crazy and in the last 3 weeks since ive had it, its gotten me a lot more pussy

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    -excess Calories

Fixed.
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    -whey protein
    -grilled chicken
    -rice
    -potatoes
    -some vegetables
    -eggs

False. disregard this post. I mean, you can eat that stuff if youre a 120lb women trying to get to 110lbs but other than that...

thanks for an actual response. now with that would you add on bodyfat? because i really dont wanna lose my 6 pack. idk why but girls go crazy and in the last 3 weeks since ive had it, its gotten me a lot more pussy
    then by all means stay at your current weight

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 9 seconds.

False. disregard this post. I mean, you can eat that stuff if youre a 120lb women trying to get to 110lbs but other than that...
    okay? but are there any tips as to how i can maintain a low bodyfat percentage while getting more calories? i mean i figured if i ate clean it would help.

difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10) difleha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    okay? but are there any tips as to how i can maintain a low bodyfat percentage while getting more calories? i mean i figured if i ate clean it would help.
    You may get a couple of bodyfat percentage but they will still get to see your abs.

idk why but girls go crazy and in the last 3 weeks since ive had it, its gotten me a lot more pussy
    You're 16...I'm calling e-stats.
    forum rule

Do a little research, even for a "clean bulk" in which a percentage of gains are sacrificed in order to stay lean it is suggested to eat 500 over maintenance. in a "ka0s bulk" it is suggested to eat 3000-5000 over maintenance, but i dont think youre ready for that one yet

by all means, what is it that my recipe of bulking is false? i want to hear your counter-argument.

okay? but are there any tips as to how i can maintain a low bodyfat percentage while getting more calories?
    Yeah, don't stuff yourself with every last Calorie you can find. Calories beyond what's needed for growth will make you fat.

Eat 300/day over maintenance if you're really that worried.

/thread.
    forum rule

by all means, what is it that my recipe of bulking is false? i want to hear your counter-argument.
    that stuff is gay. skim milk? grilled chicken? vegetables and potatoes?

Do a little research, even for a "clean bulk" in which a percentage of gains are sacrificed in order to stay lean it is suggested to eat 500 over maintenance. in a "ka0s bulk" it is suggested to eat 3000-5000 over maintenance, but i dont think youre ready for that one yet

yeah i agree. i mean i dont need that much over. i just wanna stay relatively lean while getting some gains. even if it takes time i dont mind it. im a patient person. i just dont want to lose my 6 pack. i worked for about 4 months to get it.

i worked for about 4 months to get it.
    If you weren't really fat, you definitely did it wrong. No offense.

I'm told there's an entire nutrition section on the forums...'tis a mythical land, claimed to be filled with the collected knowledge of all mankind (or the ones that count, anyway). It's said that those who find it have bestowed upon them great potential for gains, and an enlightened understanding of food. That, my friend, is where you need to be headed...I wish you the best in finding it.
    forum rule

yeah i agree. i mean i dont need that much over. i just wanna stay relatively lean while getting some gains. even if it takes time i dont mind it. im a patient person. i just dont want to lose my 6 pack. i worked for about 4 months to get it.
    then do what airchair said and eat 300-500 over

also its not liek you suddenly get fat overnight. once you see yourself being less lean than u like to be, increase cardio or lower cals or something

Originally Posted by AirChair View Post
    If you weren't really fat, you definitely did it wrong. No offense.

I'm told there's an entire nutrition section on the forums...'tis a mythical land, claimed to be filled with the collected knowledge of all mankind (or the ones that count, anyway). It's said that those who find it have bestowed upon them great potential for gains, and an enlightened understanding of food. That, my friend, is where you need to be headed...I wish you the best in finding it.
    i more than likely did. but i did what i read to do. i had a lot of protein, low carbs. less calories. i did a lot of cardio and worked out my entire body. i worked my abs once a week, and got good sleep. i was at about 13-15% bf. what did i do wrong?

RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500) RipgutCannibal is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well I can see where youre coming from. Im cutting to a six pack in time for summer. Im thinking after my cut Ill eat about 500 over maintenance and bulk very cleanly. Maybe put on 10lbs, cut again. Only small gains so I have a 6-pack all year round.

Originally Posted by RipgutCannibal View Post
    Well I can see where youre coming from. Im cutting to a six pack in time for summer. Im thinking after my cut Ill eat about 500 over maintenance and bulk very cleanly. Maybe put on 10lbs, cut again. Only small gains so I have a 6-pack all year round.
    You clean bulk to negate the need for cutting...not clean bulk to cut.

You live in the southern hemishpere?

i more than likely did. but i did what i read to do. i had a lot of protein, low carbs. less calories. i did a lot of cardio and worked out my entire body. i worked my abs once a week, and got good sleep. i was at about 13-15% bf. what did i do wrong?
    On the surface it doesn't sound like you were doing anything wrong; in reality that's a solid plan...it just seems to have taken you longer than I'd expect. Sounds like either you weren't doing enough weighted ab work, or you were eating too close to maintenance. Either way, I can't really take shots at your plan.
    forum rule