baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Power Rack- Your thoughts!!!

Being on a budget..Ive narrowed down my search to these two racks...Powertec & Body solid. I like the powertec cause its bigger than bodysolid..but is it as solid of a rack as the BS...check out these links and let me know what you think....Also if there is another brand of rack in this price range better than these two then I am open for your suggestions...thanks

http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/index...od&id_prod=352
    http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/index...rod&id_prod=63

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Both choices are good racks.You won't go wrong with either of them.I personally like the powertec better because of the pull-up handles but whichever you choose,you did well

Not sure about shipping to Canada but the TDS is also an excellent rack.
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/8515.html

I own the older version 8510 and can't find a flaw with it
    Last edited by captmorganm6; 09-01-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baironhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Capn

Originally Posted by captmorganm6 View Post
    Both choices are good racks.You won't go wrong with either of them.I personally like the powertec better because of the pull-up handles but whichever you choose,you did well

Not sure about shipping to Canada but the TDS is also an excellent rack.
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/8515.html

I own the older version 8510 and can't find a flaw with it

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile Nice rack....ha

Buy
    Last edited by selffirst; 09-03-2009 at 02:18 AM.

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From my experience the Bodysolid is a better rack than the Powertec. The Powertec isn't nearly as sturdy.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    From my experience the Bodysolid is a better rack than the Powertec. The Powertec isn't nearly as sturdy.
    The Bodysolid rack is 11 guage steel, that is why it is a bit more expensive plus it may cost more to ship because it will be heavier.

The Powertec rack is 12 guage steel (thinner) but all the joints are braced in the thicker steel.

As to which will be suitable for your application, this video will give you an idea of what abuse a Powertec rack can take.

This rack has been hammered!
    Last edited by Curbside_Quiche; 09-03-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: incorrect youtube code

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by baironhorse View Post
    Being on a budget..Ive narrowed down my search to these two racks...Powertec & Body solid. I like the powertec cause its bigger than bodysolid..but is it as solid of a rack as the BS...check out these links and let me know what you think....Also if there is another brand of rack in this price range better than these two then I am open for your suggestions...thanks

http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/index...od&id_prod=352
    http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/index...rod&id_prod=63
    Both are great racks. The BS does not come with dip attachment and has more spacing between holes, Powertec is shallower between uprights which in combination with lat tower (if you get one) makes only certain benches work with it in incline position. Powertec is cheaper and more visually attractive and its chromed safety bars are less prone to scratches than powder coated on BS. J-hooks are crap on both, but you can easily replace them with ones from NYB. One more, after trying BS in store I felt that its lat tower is inferior to Powertec. Powertec is sturdy enough and rated at 1000 lbs, I wouldn't worry about that part.
    And you can get Powertec with lat tower at a great price at this site, add 10% discount coupon and 8% fatwallet cash back and you'll get yourself a killer deal.

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Curbside_Quiche View Post
    The Bodysolid rack is 11 guage steel, that is why it is a bit more expensive plus it may cost more to ship because it will be heavier.

The Powertec rack is 12 guage steel (thinner) but all the joints are braced in the thicker steel.

As to which will be suitable for your application, this video will give you an idea of what abuse a Powertec rack can take.

This rack has been hammered!
    I don't really get what that video is trying to show? you can squat 290 in a Powertec, you can do that in a Weilder. He's doubled up on the safeties to, the part of a rack thats most likely to fail.

The Bodysolid is also 3x3 11 gauge, not 2.35x2.35 12 gauge.
    I've used both a fair bit, regardless of the Powertecs bracing the Bodysolid is more sound by a fair margin. It also has a much hardier paint job on it if you're worried about such things.

I can't really comment on the Lat towers, as I've only used the Bodysolid version, but it was ok.

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    I don't really get what that video is trying to show? you can squat 290 in a Powertec, you can do that in a Weilder. He's doubled up on the safeties to, the part of a rack thats most likely to fail.

The Bodysolid is also 3x3 11 gauge, not 2.35x2.35 12 gauge.
    I've used both a fair bit, regardless of the Powertecs bracing the Bodysolid is more sound by a fair margin. It also has a much hardier paint job on it if you're worried about such things.

I can't really comment on the Lat towers, as I've only used the Bodysolid version, but it was ok.
    the video said 290 KG...i think the weider i briefly had stated a capacity of 300 LBS...so that's double what it could take.

I think its a fair showing of what it can do. it can take heavy weights...but you may expect some slightly bent spotter pins, and the video shows that the rack moved when he bumped into it with the weights. I think it's a perfectly good rack and perfect for a home gym, but of course it's not the 400 lb hammer strength monster rack at the gym.

Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    the video said 290 KG...i think the weider i briefly had stated a capacity of 300 LBS...so that's double what it could take.

I think its a fair showing of what it can do. it can take heavy weights...but you may expect some slightly bent spotter pins, and the video shows that the rack moved when he bumped into it with the weights. I think it's a perfectly good rack and perfect for a home gym, but of course it's not the 400 lb hammer strength monster rack at the gym.
    I'm not trying to trash the Powertec, but all that video shows is a guy unracking 290 (I generally work in Kg ), squatting, and reracking it. It doesn't demonstrate any abuse the rack can take. There's at least one guy in the PL forum who squats 600lbs+ everyday on a Weilder, thats why the example came to my head. Does that make the Weilder a nicer rack than that Bodysolid? I'm sure you'd agree it wouldn't.

The Powertecs a good rack. The Bodysolid is just step above, and if they're similar in price like in this case, well I know which I'd go for.
    Thats all I'm trying to say.

Thanks to all for your input....i guess at this point if I wanted to buy a rack that would last me a long time...you guys are suggesting I go with the BS due to its thicker steel guage and tubbing???? is this difference marginal for a home gym......does it make that much difference?????????? will powertec satisfy my needs untill Im squating 500+lbs like the guy in the video?

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by baironhorse View Post
    Thanks to all for your input....i guess at this point if I wanted to buy a rack that would last me a long time...you guys are suggesting I go with the BS due to its thicker steel guage and tubbing???? is this difference marginal for a home gym......does it make that much difference?????????? will powertec satisfy my needs untill Im squating 500+lbs like the guy in the video?
    I've used both and there is little to no difference. I have the powertec and it is extremely solid for the money. It is very well built and I would buy it again in a second.
    ll-ll NOBODY SAID BODYBUILDING WAS EASY ll-ll