The_Insider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kettlebells vs Running

for Cardio gains,

which do you think is better? I know swinging a kettlebell works more than just your heart rate.. but for out and out cardio, which is more productive 30 mins on a kettlebell or 30 mins running?

CaseyGmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how are kettle bells for building muscle?

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you listen to Pavel, he'll tell you that kettlebells will give you the killing power of a Spetnatz, the endurance of a Kenyan marathoner, and the shoulders of Hercules!

Comrade.

In all fairness, k'bells--which I've used in the past--are just another tool in the shed for building up. They're very versatile and they do work your stabilizer muscles a bit differently, but you could a d'bell workout and still get that effectiveness. K'bells are good for presses, laterals, lunges, rows, and a few arm exercises, but just doing swings and squats is IMHO inferior to using a barbell. I'd give 'em a try, but wouldn't use them exclusively. IMO they're better off combined with barbell exercises, but that's me talking...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The_Insider View Post
    for Cardio gains,

which do you think is better? I know swinging a kettlebell works more than just your heart rate.. but for out and out cardio, which is more productive 30 mins on a kettlebell or 30 mins running?

Non is more productive. They both have different benefits.

I do kettlebell exercises like swings and cleans using dumbells.

In kettlebell training your heart rate is elevated quicker, and the movements you are doing are explosive. So you improve and train your body too high intensity cardio. But you would not be doing kettlebell exercises for 30 minutes without at least some break between exercises.

This can give you cardio benefits when fighting someone or when you need to run really fast really quick or sprinting.

Running for 30 minutes is gives you more low intesnity cardio benefits.
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.