Thread: SAD but TRUE

Jakked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

SAD but TRUE

alright guys here's how it goes....being young all we want to do is get big...FAST! real fast....well try anyting, we'll go to the gym every day....most of us get pissed off cuz we dont see results.....including me!

now, my gym is run by a bodybuilder...he won a few competitions and ****....i asked him "i lift damn heavy and im not getting anywhere"...all he said was "you're overtraining"....he asked me my routine, and my split......i told him i do chest/tri's..back/bi's...shoulders/legs...the whole good deal....i told him i did about 4-5 excersizes for each bodypart and 3-4 sets...reps between 8-12..NOW....it was time to hear the sad truth to wht had been taking place for the past 3 months ....
    OVERTRAINING!....my worst nightmare..along with everyone elses..

he told me what to do....his exact words: "whats your max bench??" i told him 225....."how old are you" 16...."how much do u weigh" 170..... HERES WHAT YOU SHOULD DO......."for your chest: BENCH: warmup with a comfy weight for about 15 reps.....your next set should go right up to 80% of your max! so for me, my set would be 180lbs. he said to do 5 reps per set!..3 sets!.

so it would look lik this :

BENCH- warmup 15 reps
    - 80% max @ 5 reps (180 for me)
    - 80% max @ 5 reps
    - 80% max @ 5 reps

NOW since im already warmed up he said my next chest excersize should immediately start heavy as to do 5-6 reps
    DECLINES! now declines are much easier (in my opinion) than regular benching.

DECLINE BENCH- NO WARMUP
    - 5 rep weight ( probably about 200 for me)
    - 5 rep weight "
    - 5 rep weight "

NOW he told me that i should be doing only 3 excersizes per body part!!!!!.... so i can do any excersize i choose really.... DB press, flys....whatever it may be...he also told me that i should only bench every OTHER week....not only will you grow more, your strength will increase dramatically!!!!! not kidding!

COMPLETE CHEST DAY IS AS FOLLOWS:

BENCH:
    -WARMUP- 15 reps comfy weight!
    -5 reps of 80% max (180 for me)
    -5 reps of 80% max
    -5 reps of 80% max

DECLINE BENCH:
    -NO WARMUP
    -5 rep weight (200 for me)
    -5 rep weight
    -5 rep weight

DB PRESS:
    - NO WARMUP
    -once again 5 rep weight
    - 5 rep weight
    - 5 rep weight

DONE!!!!!!...any more is overtraining!!! according to him...and he knows his **** obviously, he's a house, cut like a diamond, solid as a rock.....KEEP IN MIND this is based on a 3 day per week workout routine.....

according to him:
    MONDAY- chest
    WEDNSDAY- legs
    FRIDAY- bi's and tris
    rest whole weekend!!!!!

MONDAY-back
    WEDNSDAY-shoulders and forearms
    FRIDAY- REPEAT CYCLE (CHEST)

im sure you can probably work in your shoulders with your back routine if you wanted to....

anyways... he said LESS is MORE...being young you need REST more than anything you're trying to GROW....

he also said that the whole 5 rep thing works with chest, shoulders, an arms i believe.....

he even said that your shoulders dont even need 3 sets, in fact i should only do 2 sets of 3 excersizes......

IM GONNA DO THIS for a month starting on saturday.....he told me that he did this program witha firefighter for a lifting competition....when the firefigter guy first started out he could only bench 2 and a half ....whn he was done with the routine i just shared with you...his bench was 380...i gave u the info, it's up to you to try it...i see it this way...i have my whole life to train...trying new things will only make it better....especially coming from that guy

LIFT HARD stay safe

jollie
    heaven is what you want, hell is what you go through to get it

Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What you received was very good advice.

Amen to that.

Less IS more. Make sure you keep intensity high though.

Thorazine

Lone Wolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finally, someone steps in to stop the insanity. Definitely a step in the right direction, but still not what the doctor ordered...

Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Lone Wolf
    Finally, someone steps in to stop the insanity. Definitely a step in the right direction, but still not what the doctor ordered...
    Agreed, I see no reason to include those declines.

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well that bodybuider sure does have his head screwed on right

just remember

The best way to bust a plateau, is to eat your way thru it...

Jakked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you'll never know until you try...all you'll have is regrets....give it a try...what do you have to lose....nothing!!! what will you gain???? measurements!!!
    heaven is what you want, hell is what you go through to get it

Jakked, check out AsianDudes thread. Thats the kind of routine that will bump up the measurements and muscular bodyweight.

Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigdaddywags has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats good advice, you are smarter then most at 16 some people will never try a new routine. Just keep talking to people who know thier sh*t and don't believe everything you read in these forums. All ways question think who is giving me this advice and were did they get the info and do research your self.

Budguy68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5 reps dame thats freagin low i dont know man it might have work for him it might work for you but the thing is iits not going to work for everybody.

heres why lets say you got two body builders and their max is 100lbs. if you bring it down to 80% (which is 80lbs) both of thes motherfukers are not going to be able to bench the same number of reps.person A might be able to do 10 reps while person B can only do 6reps(person A might be chines and B might be black just kiddin).if thats the case person A should be doing more reps cuz he needs more reps to tear up his muscle while person B only needs a fewer number.well thats what i read in muscle mag. the author even compared arnold and mike mentier (or something )well arnold use to do 20 sets while mike he only did 3 sets per session. all iam trying to say is that every person is diffrent therefore there is no magical number of sets reps for everybody imho.as we all contiue to work out eventually we will find our perfect number.
    force is the solution to all problems ,if its not working your not useing enough(unknown)

to lift heavy one must lift heavy

Budguy, the man's name is Mike Mentzer, and if you think that the basics of productive training are different from person to person, then you obviously know little about him.

Budguy68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man ,me and mike are pals we go to the gym together
    WHO GIVES A FUK if i know about him or not i was just trying to make an example .the guy is dead who cares

and another thing we are all diffrent no one routine will work for us all.

dont be trying to flame me just cuz i say something a little diffrent or something that just says "yeah that might not work ".

well ill be back tommorow
    force is the solution to all problems ,if its not working your not useing enough(unknown)

to lift heavy one must lift heavy

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Originally posted by Lone Wolf
    Budguy, the man's name is Mike Mentzer, and if you think that the basics of productive training are different from person to person, then you obviously know little about him.
    So basically your'e saying that my 12 sets of 6-10 reps for biceps is too much, right? Hmm, I was wondering why I gained a few inches in the past couple months. Maybe I could've gained alot more if I lowered my volume.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by damnJeff

So basically your'e saying that my 12 sets of 6-10 reps for biceps is too much, right? Hmm, I was wondering why I gained a few inches in the past couple months. Maybe I could've gained alot more if I lowered my volume.
    wait 12 sets total right? Not per exercerise. caue that is gross overtraining
    I'm not binging...I'm bulking

Routines need to be modified for genetic variations and body structures, but if you think that beginner A needs a routine that is 180 degrees from beginner B, then you have been fed a pile of misinformation.

Damnjeff, you are a SN with zero credibility. I hope you have some valid before and after shots to back up your claims?