Rydude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Nuts and Fish Oil Capsules!!

Hey guys,

I'm looking to order some nuts for the healthy fats in them. Can anybody recommend what the best nuts to get are (i.e. with regards to calorie content, protein and healthy fat content)?

Also, looking around for nuts I find them to be bloody expensive... Found a couple of wholesale websites, but can anybody recommend where I can buy/order nuts from at a decent price?

I'm also looking for a decent fish oil capsule. Healthspan.co.uk seem to do decent fish oils for a low price - can anybody rate them? What am I looking for in a good fish oil capsule?

I live in Bedfordshire, England by the way...

Cheers guys!

gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rydude View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to order some nuts for the healthy fats in them. Can anybody recommend what the best nuts to get are (i.e. with regards to calorie content, protein and healthy fat content)?

Also, looking around for nuts I find them to be bloody expensive... Found a couple of wholesale websites, but can anybody recommend where I can buy/order nuts from at a decent price?

I'm also looking for a decent fish oil capsule. Healthspan.co.uk seem to do decent fish oils for a low price - can anybody rate them? What am I looking for in a good fish oil capsule?

I live in Bedfordshire, England by the way...

Cheers guys!
    walnuts are the best nuts. but i cant stand eating too many of them they make me feel sick!! apart from walnuts almonds are pretty good and tasty as well
    >>aussie supp misc family<<

EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's no such thing best nuts, eat a variety - walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, etc. - and you'll be good to go.

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ ^ ^ Just get them unsalted (preferably), I love roasted almonds.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EmperorRyker View Post
    There's no such thing best nuts, eat a variety - walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, etc. - and you'll be good to go.
    walnuts are the only nuts with a good ratio of omega 3 : omega 6 fats.

all the others are quite high in omega 6 and low in omega 3.. which is why walnuts are best!
    >>aussie supp misc family<<

Cheers for the responses. A mix it is then!

Any advice on where I can get them for a decent price? This place www(dot)buywholefoodsonline(dot)co.uk/seeds-and-nuts/index3.html seems to be pretty good...

Also, I'm trying to strip off fat at the moment - how many grams of nuts do you recommend each day? Or just include it in my daily calorie allowance?
    Last edited by Rydude; 09-01-2009 at 06:30 AM.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Unless you are needing to buy in bulk for some reason, just go to your local grocery store and buy the nuts there. You probably won't be eating nuts in any huge quantity to warrant ordering them online IMO.

They quite often work out at around ?2 per 100g bag, which, presuming I have around 100g every day, works out at quite a lot, on top of all the chicken and protein powder I'm buying...

EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gonna_be_big View Post

all the others are quite high in omega 6 and low in omega 3.. which is why walnuts are best!
    The omega-6 : omega-3 ratio isn't all that's important when food is concerned, it's just one aspect of it.

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gonna_be_big View Post

It's really not all that better. It just has WAY more PUFA, and way more Omega 3 AND Omega 6s, with a ratio of around 4 to 1. Compared to 7:1 for most other nuts.

Originally Posted by EmperorRyker View Post
    The omega-6 : omega-3 ratio isn't all that's important when food is concerned, it's just one aspect of it.
    Exactly, you can balance it out with the rest of your diet pretty easily.
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.