Thread: Lovin the Keto

ImSoHi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lovin the Keto

Ketosis kicks ass! I have plenty of energy, lift hard, and feel great. I have only been in ketosis 5 days now but it's great. This is the first time I've tried a keto diet and I think I may have found a new lifestyle.

I have always felt I did better with less carbs than most people recommend but had no idea 30 or less per day could be so good. I have no hunger, no energy problems, I count calories now to make sure I get enough.

My only concern is the upcoming carb up. I am doing a CKD but I think my carb up is going to be 1 day and consist of a few bananas, a sweet potato, chicken breasts for protein, and 15-18 beers lol. Since it's such a bad way to carb up I'm gonna go for 17-21 keto days between carb up days. Hope it works out for me cuz I love beer.

Thanks to all you keto'ers for the great info on this diet.

Cheers.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glad you are enjoying it.

Take it a bit easy with the beer. Keto makes you a cheap date: you get drunk quicker and feel worse after. Maybe mix half a real beer with an alcohol-free one or something, to reduce the impact?
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

ImSoHi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, and ya I have heard being in ketosis will make me a super lightweight but I am kind of a heavy drinker to start with. Over a whole day I have been known to have a few more than 20. I'll eat carbs before i start drinking to kick me out of ketosis faster, drink plenty of water, take it slow until I know how much my tolerance has decreased, etc..

I have a question for anyone kind enough to answer. I have a tub of USPlabs jacked Im thinkin bout startin up preworkout. Is this a good idea while in ketosis and a calorie deficit or would it be a waste and better saved for when I'm eating maintenance and have some carbs in my diet?

I already take multi, and CEE with some R ALA in the AM and again if its pre workout.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know what's in it. As a general rule, if it doesn't have carbs, you can use it on keto. If it does, keep it for depletion workout or carb-up.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders