eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

one exercise per muscle?

I am currently doing one exercise per muscle, 3 sets of 6 reps as heavy as I can go...is one exercise enough? It's really all I have time for. I go to the gym earrrrly in the morning before school and then come home, eat, take a shower, and cook food for the rest of the day since I won't be home.

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eleni611 View Post
    I am currently doing one exercise per muscle, 3 sets of 6 reps as heavy as I can go...is one exercise enough? It's really all I have time for. I go to the gym earrrrly in the morning before school and then come home, eat, take a shower, and cook food for the rest of the day since I won't be home.
    What's your split look like? This almost sounds like you do one exercise then go home.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The short answer is no --- 1 exercise per body part is not enough to gain size -- is that your goal?

What else are you doing at the gym? Cardio? How long?
    *Obssession is a word the weak use to describe the dedicated

*That which does not kill me ... only makes me stronger!

eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eleni611 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Monday and Thursday is biceps, triceps, shoulders, and back and this is my routine

Barbell bicep curls; 3 sets of 6 reps as heavy as i can go
    Incline dumbell curl; 1 set of 6 reps as heavy as i can go

Triceps extension; 3 sets of 6 reps as heavy as i can go

Lateral raise; 3 sets of 6 reps as heavy as i can go
    Dumbell press; 1 set of 6 reps as heavy as i can go

Wide grip pull down; 3 sets of 6 reps as heavy as i can go

Then i do 3 sets of chin ups (as many as i can do) and the same for pull ups

I guess i do a little more than 1 exercise, but it doesn't feel like it's enough..Then i do HIIT cardio after (20 min)

I'm happy w/ my lower body and abs routine, it's just my upper body routine i'm concerned with...thanks! and my goal is hypertrophy

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer at least 3 exercises per body part. If I were you I would use Monday (or Thursday; whichever you prefer) for Chest and arms and the other day for back and shoulders.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

bulldogz, are you saying that i should work each muscle once per week, but use about 3 exercises per muscle?

bulldogz, are you saying that i should work each muscle once per week, but use about 3 exercises per muscle?
    How many days a week are you going to the gym? Do you do legs twice a week as well?

If you're going 3 days a week I would suggest something like this:

chest/arms
    legs/abs
    back/shoulders

If you want to train each body part twice a week, then you'll be in the gym 6 days a week. One exercise per body part isn't really going to get you very far.

Yes, I train legs 2x a week. I do 4 days of HIIT cardio, and 6 days of lifting. Each muscle is worked 2x a week, but with one or two exercises per muscle. I really do not have time to add any more exercises, UNLESS I train my upper body only 1x a week, and do biceps, triceps, and chest on one day, then shoulders and back on another day, and do 3 exercises per muscle...would that be good? It just doesn't seem like enough to train a muscle only 1x per week.

Yes, I train legs 2x a week. I do 4 days of HIIT cardio, and 6 days of lifting. Each muscle is worked 2x a week, but with one or two exercises per muscle. I really do not have time to add any more exercises, UNLESS I train my upper body only 1x a week, and do biceps, triceps, and chest on one day, then shoulders and back on another day, and do 3 exercises per muscle...would that be good? It just doesn't seem like enough to train a muscle only 1x per week.
    Go with the 3 day split then, you'll be able to work each muscle group 2x a week. When I did it, I would train heavy 1st 3 days, then the next 3 go with lighter weight and higher reps. I saw great improvements this way. Go with 3 exercises per body part.

triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dunno, I do one exercise per muscle group twice a week and it works just fine. More isn't necessarily better.

Originally Posted by triangle View Post
    I dunno, I do one exercise per muscle group twice a week and it works just fine. More isn't necessarily better.
    Every one is definitely different. I respond to more exercises and feel better doing 4-5 different things.