ibrimada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie: Need help!

I recently started changing my diet and working out. I do a session of cardio for about 1 hour and a half and then proceed to do weights after that. I have been alternating leg workouts with arm and back. I really need help with what body part I should work out each day. I have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks, but wish to lose a lot more! I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I really need help on improving my diet and workout. I also need help with the supplements that I should be taking to lose fat and gain muscle.

My diet is typically as follows:
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and grapefruit juice with fiber
    Snack: Papaya
    Lunch: 2 Turkey Breasts
    Snack: Carrots
    Dinner: Nuts and grapefruit juice with fiber

I am also taking a multivitamin, Omega 3 pills, Biotin, and Alli.

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ibrimada View Post
    I recently started changing my diet and working out. I do a session of cardio for about 1 hour and a half and then proceed to do weights after that. I have been alternating leg workouts with arm and back. I really need help with what body part I should work out each day. I have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks, but wish to lose a lot more! I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I really need help on improving my diet and workout. I also need help with the supplements that I should be taking to lose fat and gain muscle.

My diet is typically as follows:
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and grapefruit juice with fiber
    Snack: Papaya
    Lunch: 2 Turkey Breasts
    Snack: Carrots
    Dinner: Nuts and grapefruit juice with fiber

I am also taking a multivitamin, Omega 3 pills, Biotin, and Alli.
    You need to eat more girl! take your weight....multiply it by 15...and then subtract 500-750 from that. You are going to screw up your metabolism if you are working out like that and not eating! You don't want too much of a caloric deficit. 2 pounds a week is what you should shoot for!
    Last edited by redheadlaw7; 09-02-2009 at 11:56 AM.

ibrimada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    You need to eat more girl! take your weight....multiply it by 15...and then subtract 500-750 from that. You are going to screw up your metabolism if you are working out like that and not eating! You don't want too much of a caloric deficit. @ pounds a week is what you should shoot for!
    Thank you. Do you know of any supplements that I can take to further the fat burning?

liliana876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check this out: http://www.annecollins.com/calories/...eeds-women.htm

I think you are doing too much cardio. Remember though, if you increase weight lifting you might see an increase in weight but this means you are gaining muscle which is good. Don't focus on the number too much, watch your clothes instead.

Here is a sample of how I'm currelty breaking up my workouts:

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back, abs and legs or
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulders and triceps
    Friday: Biceps, abs and legs or
    Saturday: Legs
    Sunday: Off

I do take a day or two off in between the workouts depending on how my muscles feel.

Also, add vegetable to your meals, I don't think you are eating enough carbs. Check these articles:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/leave_bad_habits.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw70.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/woma...sexy_bible.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/newyearsguide.htm

Good luck!
    ~ L.
    Liliana
    "My Goal in Life Is To Be As Good a Person My Dogs Already Think I Am"

shafiqak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am new too

i am new too,
    i got stomuch Problem so i have to ask if its good for me to Join Gym/?
    if ur answer is yes then kindly tell me what kind of diet should i have to take?

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you. Do you know of any supplements that I can take to further the fat burning?
    There is some stuff that I flavor my water with called Slimquick. It's sold at any drugstore in the diet aisle. It has green tea and extra caffeine and some natural diuretics. Helps alot with appetite but may leave you bouncing off of the walls!

Originally Posted by liliana876 View Post
    Check this out: http://www.annecollins.com/calories/...eeds-women.htm

I think you are doing too much cardio. Remember though, if you increase weight lifting you might see an increase in weight but this means you are gaining muscle which is good. Don't focus on the number too much, watch your clothes instead.

Here is a sample of how I'm currelty breaking up my workouts:

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back, abs and legs or
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulders and triceps
    Friday: Biceps, abs and legs or
    Saturday: Legs
    Sunday: Off

I do take a day or two off in between the workouts depending on how my muscles feel.

Also, add vegetable to your meals, I don't think you are eating enough carbs. Check these articles:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/leave_bad_habits.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw70.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/woma...sexy_bible.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/newyearsguide.htm

Good luck!
    ~ L.
    A agree with the cardio. Wanna see something interesting? Google cardio and myth. Too much of it apparently can put you into starvation mode and makes your body cling to the fat! HIIT or straight lifting is your best bet.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'd hold off on the supplements. Get your diet and exercise dialed in first. Supplements are just that: extra things to help you when you're already doing things mostly right. They add to hard work and consistency, they don't replace it.
    -

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    I'd hold off on the supplements. Get your diet and exercise dialed in first. Supplements are just that: extra things to help you when you're already doing things mostly right. They add to hard work and consistency, they don't replace it.
    Agreed.