bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow Tendonitis

I have tendonitis in both of my elbows. One on the outside of the elbow and the other on the inside. Are there any excersises/routines that I can do to help/fix this problem.

rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky348 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

bump... same situation here man..

CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are you doing now? Have you tried extensive stretching of the elbow flexors? Rest?

-C10
    PR's ... Goals @ 160 lbs. Bodyweight:

Bench Press - 250 ... 315
    Squat - 275 ... 400
    Trap Dead - 400 ... 480
    Bent Over Row - 195 ... 315
    Military Press - 150 ... 160
    Pull-Up - BW+150 ... BW + 180
    Dip - BW + 170 ... BW + 200

waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waterboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bryanm74 View Post
    I have tendonitis in both of my elbows. One on the outside of the elbow and the other on the inside. Are there any excersises/routines that I can do to help/fix this problem.
    If you ask a physical therapist or google tennis elbow excercises they will tell you to do wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, unbalanced wrist rotations (where you hold a dumbell on one end and rotate your wrist through its range of motion), etc. Do all these while seated and your forarms resting on your legs (hands out past knees). Use LIGHT weights and do 30-50 reps with them... a set of each of these excercises 3x a day.

Also take some rubber bands and put them around your fingers and thumb and open and close them. 25-50 reps.

After these excercises, stretch your tendons. Hold your arm out all the way and bend the fingers back and hold 15-30 sec. Repeat w/ fingers bend the other direction.

Figure out what position picking stuff up hurts and don't do it. Generally it will be palm down lifting that is painful.

I had a nasty case of tennis elbow recently and was able to rehab it myself doing this.

Ironmind.com sells some great resistance bands and stress balls (egg) that would be great to use with this. They also have something called titan's telegraph key that people say is good for tennis elbow.

orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tennis (outside) and golfer's (inside) elbow problems can be tough. the good news is you're not doing serious/disabling damage if you choose to tough it out and just work through the pain (but it will likely linger longer and may never get better if you choose this route).

There's no great solution and a ton of things you can try. I agree with the exercises and stretching decribed above. Make sure you have the elbow fully extended when doing the stretches. Icing and deep tissue massage may help. There are forearm straps you can get at a sporting goods store (only when doing activities that bother it). Avoid activities that involve "power grip" as that really stresses wrist extensors. Anti-inflammatories may help with the pain. If these things don't work, then consider a cortisone injection. Also, recently docs have started injecting platelet-rich plasma into the area (essentially think of this as "growth factors" that may enhance the healing -- there's not a lot of evidence supporting it yet, but you've probably heard of it in the news or you can google it). Usually surgery is only recommended if you've tried non-op measures for >6 months (mainly b/c it's not a "home run" surgery -- if it worked more reliably docs would probably offer it sooner).

I recently had tennis elbow -- it got better after 3-4 weeks of alleve, forearm strap, and modifying/avoiding gym activities that made the pain worse.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by waterboys View Post
    If you ask a physical therapist or google tennis elbow excercises they will tell you to do wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, unbalanced wrist rotations (where you hold a dumbell on one end and rotate your wrist through its range of motion), etc. Do all these while seated and your forarms resting on your legs (hands out past knees). Use LIGHT weights and do 30-50 reps with them... a set of each of these excercises 3x a day.

Also take some rubber bands and put them around your fingers and thumb and open and close them. 25-50 reps.

After these excercises, stretch your tendons. Hold your arm out all the way and bend the fingers back and hold 15-30 sec. Repeat w/ fingers bend the other direction.

Figure out what position picking stuff up hurts and don't do it. Generally it will be palm down lifting that is painful.

I had a nasty case of tennis elbow recently and was able to rehab it myself doing this.

Ironmind.com sells some great resistance bands and stress balls (egg) that would be great to use with this. They also have something called titan's telegraph key that people say is good for tennis elbow.

qreatinequigz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qreatinequigz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qreatinequigz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qreatinequigz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qreatinequigz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qreatinequigz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had it for several months now and it's just now getting better though I had a setback the other day benching 205. I was like 98% pain free until I made the jump from 185 to 205.

Now I know why people say to ease back into it

bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bryanm74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Thanks for all the help. I have been doing wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, using rubberbands on my fingers, and stretching like you said. It has been progressivly getting better with each day.

I also have been taking Bromaline (pineapple extract) and rubbing msn on the joints.

If anyone else is having these types of problems, try doing all of this. It works very well.