Registered User livinmybestlife's Avatar
    livinmybestlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb I'm a NEWbie needing meNEW help! Pleassee take a look at my story:)

Hi there! I'm new to the bodybuilding forums. I've been reading over other people's posts and finally decided to start posting myself!

Me in a nutshell: 20 years old, very physically active, a now-aspiring-to-be a figure competitor (perhaps next year?), student....and I'm a food addict. haha

A year and a half ago I weighed 215 pounds. My "start weight" was recorded by a weight watchers leader and since my first meeting Jan 2, 2008, I've lost 75 pounds.

I worked out each week and used the plan (eating to a points target) in such a way that suited my lifestyle. I now work at a gym and FOR weight watchers, which helps to keep me motivated, but I've recently become VERY interested in what it takes to compete in a figure competition. I've worked out like crazy (always finding new ways to motivate myself!) since I began and I'm a very competitive girl (with myself, not others). I know how to really push myself to my limits!

But I'm finding it ridiculously hard to wade through all the different opinions out there and after a few tooo many conversations with trainers at the gym; I'm finding myself a bit lost.

So I've brought my situation to, what seems to be, the fountain of knowledge and advice that IS bodybuilding.com. Please take a look at today's menu and give me suggestions if you can. I'd really appreciate the help.

TODAY'S MENU! Points target ? 23

6 am:
    2 handfuls of dates ? 4
    8:30 am:

Protein shake:
    2/3 scoop of chocolate gaspari protein ? 2
    2 tbsp of liberte FF plain yogurt ? 0.5
    ? c. Almond milk (40 cal/serving) ? 0
    tsp of cinnamon
    Water
    1/2 c. Blueberries ? 0.5

11:30 am:
    ? a can of tuna mixed with lemon and lime juice, thai spices and mustard ? 2
    stuffed into ? a green pepper

2:00 pm:
    Large black coffee with 3 sweet n' low packets - 0
    fiber source bar ? 2
    small banana ? 1

4:00 pm:
    1 medium royal gala apple ? 1
    tpsb of smooth peanut butter ? 3

5:15 WORKOUT - treadmill ten minute warm up, arms day, cardio - 30 mins on the arc trainer

6:45 pm: Post workout smoothie
    gaspari chocolate protein - 2
    ice - 0

8:00 pm:
    green veggies salad - 0 (spinach, green peppers, cucumber, onions, mushrooms)
    Boneless, skinless chicken breast -2
    balsamic vinegar /oil - 1
    glass of diet pepsi - 0

9:30pm:

1/3 c. cottage cheese - 1
    1 tbsp FF plan liberte yogurt - 0
    1/2 tbsp of peanut butter - 1
    1/4 c. slivered almonds - 1
    1/4 sliced banana on top
    cinnamon and a pinch of stevia - 0
    a few frozen blueberries - 0
    (Freeze for half an hour and enjoy!! found this recipe on here)

Okay so please be brutally honest about what I'm doing (right) and wrong! I need to knowww if I am incorporating too much protein (if it's possible?) into my diet and therefore won't see drops on the scale? Or if I'm eating too much fruit because of the high content of sugar?

I VERY rarely go off plan, drink, or eat foods that are highly processed or frieddd in fat! Maybe once a month, but I'm on track the next day.

BUT I do have a problem with eating masss quantities of food--for example, TWO cantaloupes in one sitting (yes, I AM in pain after), or the handfuls of honey pitted dates.

I also have an issue with bingeing on other things like grapes, strawberries, melons, bananas, blueberries, oatmeal, dates...etc. It IS healthy food, but massiveee quantities can't be good! I've tried drinking more water each day to keep me from doing this...

I train pretty hard about 5 days each week in the gym--I do about 4 days of weights and intervals on the arc trainer about 3 times each week. I've also recently started to do 6a.m spin classes once a week. I also pop a caffeine pill before my workout and just invested in some L-Carnitine capsules that will (supposedly) help me burn more (fat) during my workout.

I'm feeling as though I am hardening up, but my goal is still to lose weight to look more toned and cut. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds but maintain my muscle mass.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

KP

TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The calorie total is what will dominate your weight, not any particular amount of protein or sugar.

The diet looks good as far as protein/fats/carbs go. Just make sure to track your calorie total. If you're not losing or getting weaker, make adjustments from there.
    425/295/580 @ 189