BMBull5887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Is it possible to gain size and lose body fat%

I am wondering if you are able to lose body fat % and gain size at the same time. I am not talking about law of thermodynamics (burn more calories to lose weight/ eat more than you burn to gain) because I am not trying to lose weight, I am trying to lose about 3-4% body fat to be where i want to be. I am talking about a routine of hardcore training with interval cardio and a clean clean mass gain diet, if done properly will you gain size and lose body fat % at the same time?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BMBull5887 View Post
    I am wondering if you are able to lose body fat % and gain size at the same time. I am not talking about law of thermodynamics (burn more calories to lose weight/ eat more than you burn to gain) because I am not trying to lose weight, I am trying to lose about 3-4% body fat to be where i want to be. I am talking about a routine of hardcore training with interval cardio and a clean clean mass gain diet, if done properly will you gain size and lose body fat % at the same time?
    lose BF-->no
    Lower BF %--> yes
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BMBull5887 View Post
    Depends.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    lose BF-->no
    Lower BF %--> yes
    [as above]

Yes - MOST of the time this is not possible. So, at best, you expect to:
    1. gain lean mass
    2. gain minimal fat mass
    3. this results in better lean: fat total ratio and a lower BF%

BUT in certain circumstances (eg: young noobie) you may be able to gain mass, drop bf% and lower fat weight all at the same time.

^
    Genetics
    diet
    training
    physiological status (eg: hormone levels)
    ^
    these all interact to determine what actually happens....

AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    More information on reducing bodyfat by gaining mucle: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...muscle-qa.html

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AndrewWard123 View Post
    More information on reducing bodyfat by gaining mucle: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...muscle-qa.html
    x2.

OP what you want to do is a body recomp. It is possible, albeit more difficult/time-intensive than focusing on muscle gain or fat loss alone.

However, something you should realize is that pushing your body hard in the gym with weights and cardio, whilst eating a large calorie deficit is often a recipe for failure. Your body will raise cortisol and lower test and all kinds of hormonal armageddon will ensue if you push things too hard, too fast.

Experience has shown that a moderate deficit, combined with moderately intensive training, will yield the best long-term, sustainable results. Get the body to work with you.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can someone help me with this concept, i am getting lost.

Hypothetically, if you are 5 foot 10in. weigh 148 and wanted to get stronger and more muscular, without gaining fat.. So is that impossible?

I feel so confused.

Please help thanks, Please PM me if you have the time, thank!
    I used to Eat like a Bird and Train like a Pussy... Now.... All i do is Eat, and I push my body to its limits, Again...and Again... and... Again...Cuz i CAN!
    " "clean'' bulking, its a waste. Your gonna waste all of your time counting calories. Dont be a food whore on a bulk. save it for a cut. Dirty bulk my friend. eat big to get big."
    If you are worried about your abs.... Train them harder!!!

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by loupenguin View Post
    can someone help me with this concept, i am getting lost.

Hypothetically, if you are 5 foot 10in. weigh 148 and wanted to get stronger and more muscular, without gaining fat.. So is that impossible?

I feel so confused.

Please help thanks, Please PM me if you have the time, thank!
    First - strength is not only related to muscle mass... it is also neural (especially in females)... <<< thus you can gain strength without mass.

With regard to the other aspect of the question:
    If you are already lean and trained - then getting more 'muscular' and 'stronger' without gaining fat is basically not going to happen... In normal circumstances no one will partition incoming nutrients 100% toward muscle mass... You can MINIMISE fat gains (with good training and appropriate nutrition) - but you will not beable to stop it altogether.

If, however, you are fat, untrained and/or have *cough* assistance - then it may be that you can recompose/ gain mass at the same time.... But in most cases it is also slow and painful....

Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aleki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's extremely difficult

What you can do though is
    lose body fat%
    maintain strength

VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ballsoftitanium View Post
    Trenbolone

/thread
    If he is asking these type of questions, steroids should not even be mentioned here.

Consider it to be impossible. The circunstances to lose BF & gain muscles at the same time must be such that you would have to be obsessed with diet & trainining + had the luck at the genetics roulet.
    Don't mind gaining some fat. As long as you earn more muscles than fat, your body fat PERCENTAGE will be lower at the end.
    "No man has the right to be an amatuer in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." (Socrates 470-399bc)

My run of Ultimate Diet 2.0 (by Lyle Mcdonald) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121261251

chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    just do some extensive research on body recomposition if you're serious and have the patience for that type of diet.

mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mufc1345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    steroids would make this a lot easier but shouldnt be used by novice's

"boulder shoulders" fade2green514's Avatar
    fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they say it's a lot easier for teenagers to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, but i can't i tried.

i bulked for like 3 months and now im trying to cut down. cutting down is more difficult for me. maybe sooner or later it'll be the other way around, once i gain more muscle. i'd like to be at 190 lbs with a little less body fat.