Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Furious™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best exercises for building chest and triceps

i really need help to pump up my arms aswell as i am getting a tatto in about a month any help willl be great!

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Flat DB/ BB
    Incline DB/BB
    Flyes / dips

Decline Skullcrushers
    Weighted Dips
    Close grip
    Pressdowns.

Preacher curls
    Incline DB curls

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    chest

-flat bench
    -incline bench
    -flat db
    -incline db
    -learning forward dips

tricep:

-floor rpess
    -floor press w/ chains
    -close-grip bench
    -close-grip bench w/ chains
    -incline close-grip bench
    -incline close-grip bench w/ chains
    -pause press
    -dips
    -pressdowns
    -skullcrushers
    -jm press
    Booo

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    chest

-flat bench
    -incline bench
    -flat db
    -incline db
    -learning forward dips

tricep:

-floor rpess
    -floor press w/ chains
    -close-grip bench
    -pause press
    -dips
    -pressdowns
    -skullcrushers
    -jm press
    Bump!

That's all you will ever need.

amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by AMG
    Bump!

That's all you will ever need.

yep, especially once you throw in chains

chains are a love/hate relationship with me- i do 2 sets of close-grip benching with them and my triceps are literally dead. ugh, sooo much effort to lift the bar, heh
    Booo

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    yep, especially once you throw in chains

chains are a love/hate relationship with me- i do 2 sets of close-grip benching with them and my triceps are literally dead. ugh, sooo much effort to lift the bar, heh
    No doubt. They really give you the best bang for your buck per rep/set.
    It's a shame more people don't know about them or use them.

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by AMG
    No doubt. They really give you the best bang for your buck per rep/set.
    It's a shame more people don't know about them or use them.
    Care to explain how the chains work ?

No chains in my gym.

StonedMofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea no chains in mine either
    #16 in your Program #1 in your heart

Originally posted by Assassinator
    Care to explain how the chains work ?

No chains in my gym.

no, you don't like the thumbless grip

--> http://www.t-mag.com/html/body_127resist.html
    Booo

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't see how the chains offer progressive resistance...the way rubber bands do, could you explain that?

also, i'd stay away from pressdowns for triceps because most people can't keep their elbows facing straight (letting your elbows face out at the top of the movement lets you pressdown the entire weight at the end of the cable AND becomes some chest/shoulder exercise that's just wrong)
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by SYRIANKID

also, i'd stay away from pressdowns for triceps because most people can't keep their elbows facing straight (letting your elbows face out at the top of the movement lets you pressdown the entire weight at the end of the cable AND becomes some chest/shoulder exercise that's just wrong)

well if you are like me and you dont let your elbows drift out then you can do them
    Holla if ya hear me

Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't see how the chains offer progressive resistance...the way rubber bands do, could you explain that?
    You set them at a height where they pile up on the floor at the bottom, so that the top of the lift is heavier than the bottom. My gym doesn't have them either, but I plan on getting some of my own soon.
    "Government should stay the hell out of people's business." - Senator Barry Goldwater

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by StonedMofo
    yea no chains in mine either
    Buy some.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

when you rack the bar, about 3/10 or so of the chain is on the floor. when you unrack it and hold it up, a link or two should be on the floor; as a result, at the top you're holding 250(Assuming u bench 250)+80(assuming you're using 80pds. of chain). as you lower it, the chain piles up on the floor and takes weight off, so at the bottom of the bench you arn't benching 250+80, more like 250+10 (or so, i don't know exactly but it isn't anywhere near as much)

it is ****EN hard to bench with chains, trust me, but well worth it
    Booo

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok cool, thanks
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Best exercises for building chest and triceps

Originally posted by Furious™
    i really need help to pump up my arms aswell as i am getting a tatto in about a month any help willl be great!
    you look like you are in dire need of building up foundation size, which in that case, its not gonna take much training to get decent size in chest and triceps. 2 exercises will get you the chest and triceps thick and dense. start off with regular barbell press. spend as much energy as you possibly can on 3 hardcore sets of flat presses. then, do close grip(8-12 inches) smith machine low incline presses.......to get big biceps(and shoudlers traps and forearms) try powercleans, they are the quickest way to develop the whole entire shoulder girtle and will blow up the biceps and forearms like crazy....the most important thing to do is, to eat right. for most people, its hard to eat enough food to "grow". buy grape nuts, grape nuts dont fill ya up easily and are loaded with carbs, GOOD carbs that is, they are made with barley and whole wheat....buy 3 different kinds of oils, drink 1-2 tablespoons of oil with every meal you eat....dont take any oils with your breakfast though...youll need flax oil, olive oil and either safflower/peanut/canola/borage/hemp/motor oils

Furious™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanx

hey thanx for the help... could any of u tell me what floor presses and powercleans are please? thanx

Re: thanx

Originally posted by Furious™
    hey thanx for the help... could any of u tell me what floor presses and powercleans are please? thanx
    floor press- bench press done lying on the floor
    Booo

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you don't know how to preform the powerclean i wouldn't recommend starting unless you have a coach supervising you or your going to put a ton of time into getting down the form.

Another exercise you should consider is J.M. Presses. Board presses are great too.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Surferdude36099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm... one thing no one has said yet is cable crossovers, which is really my absolute FAVORITE exercise for chest... gets you those nice crazy lines through it.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Surferdude36099
    Hmm... one thing no one has said yet is cable crossovers, which is really my absolute FAVORITE exercise for chest... gets you those nice crazy lines through it.
    no it doesnt, diet gets you those lines, cable crossovers are great for getting lactic acid and blood in the pecs but wont help you achieve muscle hypertrophy

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    where would you buy chains??
    just regular chain at a hardware store?
    how do you get it to stay on the bar?
    tape?

MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by cramron
    no it doesnt, diet gets you those lines, cable crossovers are great for getting lactic acid and blood in the pecs but wont help you achieve muscle hypertrophy
    He's correct.

Isolation movements suck!
    19 years old, 6', 210lbs (11%bf)

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Kane Fan
    where would you buy chains??
    just regular chain at a hardware store?
    how do you get it to stay on the bar?
    tape?
    I suggest you first read the articles about accomodating resistance at www.elitefts.com

The articles show how to set it up. Basically, you have a smaller chain that has one end wrapped around the bar and the other end hanging down. At the end of this is a loop. You put the thicker chains through the loop.

You can get the chains at a regular hardware store, though it is very hard to find 5/8" chain. You can also order it from elitefts.com
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Originally posted by zackdarnell
    I suggest you first read the articles about accomodating resistance at www.elitefts.com

The articles show how to set it up. Basically, you have a smaller chain that has one end wrapped around the bar and the other end hanging down. At the end of this is a loop. You put the thicker chains through the loop.

You can get the chains at a regular hardware store, though it is very hard to find 5/8" chain. You can also order it from elitefts.com

or just buy 3/8'' chain, most hardware stores have that....i don't think most people need 80pds. to bench, 4x of 3/8 would give 40pds, more than enough to get them into chain benching
    Booo

or just buy 3/8'' chain, most hardware stores have that....i don't think most people need 80pds. to bench, 4x of 3/8 would give 40pds, more than enough to get them into chain benching
    Very true. You can also find 1/2" chain at some hardware stores.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    They also offer some videos on training at www.elitefts.com. But i suggest you def. read up most of the articles before you decide if you want to purchase the videos, chains, etc.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Paska_18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    chest

-flat bench
    -incline bench
    -flat db
    -incline db
    -learning forward dips

tricep:

-floor rpess
    -floor press w/ chains
    -close-grip bench
    -pause press
    -dips
    -pressdowns
    -skullcrushers
    -jm press
    Great list but u forgot reverse grip bench press.
    I try it today and it felt great.

Originally posted by Paska_18
    Great list but u forgot reverse grip bench press.
    I try it today and it felt great.

yea, if you don't mind the bar potentially killing you
    Booo

ricky douglas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricky douglas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricky douglas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricky douglas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What does floor press do that regular bench doesn't?
    Check out my lifting journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145894