Littlemitzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How do i lose stomach fat while building/maintaining muscle

I am getting to grips with the fact i need to clean up my diet in order to lose my stomach fat but i dont know what weights program to go with.
    Ive been in and out of training for 8 years,after 2 years off i put on a bit of body fat,started back at gym with a 3 day 5 x 5,put on quite a lot of size so after 4 months started a 4 day cut,lost a lot of strength and only lost a few pounds,but a lot of people still comment on how much bigger i am,i just need to lose my gut.
    After going through some articles on this site i know i need to sort my diet but what program do i go with to still put on/maintain muscle.
    Would going back to a 5 x 5 work or would i need to eat too many calories to lose my belly??

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Littlemitzy View Post
    I am getting to grips with the fact i need to clean up my diet in order to lose my stomach fat but i dont know what weights program to go with.
    Ive been in and out of training for 8 years,after 2 years off i put on a bit of body fat,started back at gym with a 3 day 5 x 5,put on quite a lot of size so after 4 months started a 4 day cut,lost a lot of strength and only lost a few pounds,but a lot of people still comment on how much bigger i am,i just need to lose my gut.
    After going through some articles on this site i know i need to sort my diet but what program do i go with to still put on/maintain muscle.
    Would going back to a 5 x 5 work or would i need to eat too many calories to lose my belly??
    5x5 should be fine
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    spot fat reduction doesn't exist. But you will tend to find when you cut, you will notice it more on your gut
    "Everyone wants to be a bodybuilding, but no one wants to eat this whole chicken................ But i do"

"Light Weight baby"

Dude what is that piece of string hanging from your shoulder?? Wait thats your arm!

jmudude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also have this dilemma. But I decided to still eat enough calories to maintain muscle mass, and I still lift heavy 3-4 days per week. On the days in between i do ab workouts and do circuit runs on the treadmill. I bulked up quite a bit very rapidly and now that rugby season is approaching, i need to get rid of some body fat.