Afrobeatsdancefitness THEPRINCE's Avatar
    THEPRINCE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Itchy skin rashes on ketosis diet

I have been cutting for the last 1 month and 3 weeks so far the results are good from 200 pounds 30% fat to now 186 with 26% fat losing atleast 2 pounds a week .Im on a ver low carb diet atleast 50-60 grams of carbs a day but a month into my diet i started experiencing this itchy rash its reddish , i know im not allergic to anything and i know i have never had rashes before the rash started getting worse so i decided maybe this was a result of the probiotics i was taking so i stopped the probiotics and started also applying a cream psoriasis cream.
    The rash disapeared for about a week but now again its has reappeared on my shoulder and on my hand

I have googled "rashes when on a ketosis diet" and im not the only one having this problem what should i do ?i don't want to stop the diet because its giving me results .

Other supplements im taking
    Whey protein
    lipo 6
    white flood
    krill oil
    Acetyl L - carnitine
    Animal pack &
    glucosamine chondrotin

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would stop taking all of those things other than real food such as the different supplements like Animal pack that have tons of stuff in it you can be allergic too. Even the Protein powder and just focus on real food.

I'm allergic to some foods myself, but if you just focus on the food, it will be easier to trace where the problem is.

I don't think cutting calories and an increase in fats would cause allergies. Especially when going from an eating habit of high fat with high carbs (Typical American diet) to high fat with low carbs.

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    are you sure it's not the beta alanine in white flood...itchy/tingly skin is a side effect of beta alanine. it says so on the warnings.

Unhappy Itchy skin rashes on ketosis diet Reply to Thread

Originally Posted by Obnoxious123 View Post
    are you sure it's not the beta alanine in white flood...itchy/tingly skin is a side effect of beta alanine. it says so on the warnings.
    No obnoxious i do feel the itchy tingly feeling which goes away , im talking about rashes big patch of a rash on my shoulder and my hand right on the elbow , i might stop taking the animal pack as advised to see if the rashes go away

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would stop all of the supplements, see if it goes away, if it does, use 1, then if it is still gone, use another one...until you get through them all. that way you can pin point which it is.

do it in intervals of 2-3 days

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Obnoxious123 View Post
    i would stop all of the supplements, see if it goes away, if it does, use 1, then if it is still gone, use another one...until you get through them all. that way you can pin point which it is.

do it in intervals of 2-3 days
    Thanks i will try that

DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100)
    Whey protein
    lipo 6
    white flood
    krill oil
    Acetyl L - carnitine
    Animal pack &
    glucosamine chondrotin

Umm last time I checked white flood was a NO product right?

Which means it contains a lot of insulin which would immediately kick you out of ketosis.....

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds like a B vitamin deficiency...can't remember which one off the top of my head.

Pick up a bottle of B-50 formula pills and take 1 a day with a meal. B vitamins need to be taken in specific ratios to work together properly...which is why you buy formula pills.

Anyway, the body will use what it needs and the rest will be excreted (hello golden pee).

Give it a week and if that doesn't clear it up, you may want to visit your dermatologist. Also, make sure you are getting omega 3 healthy fats in your diet. Not enough fat also causes skin problems.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JC480 View Post
    k and if that doesn't clear it up, you may want to visit your dermatologist. Also, make sure you are getting omega 3 healthy fats in your diet. Not enough fat also causes skin problems.
    I would suggest an allergist first. My dermatologist sent me to an allergist before he prescribed me anything for my skin.

The allergist stick about 100 pricks on your back of different proteins from cats, dogs to green beans. And your skin will react to the different ones to let you know what you are allergic to.

Originally Posted by JC480 View Post
    Sounds like a B vitamin deficiency...can't remember which one off the top of my head.

Pick up a bottle of B-50 formula pills and take 1 a day with a meal. B vitamins need to be taken in specific ratios to work together properly...which is why you buy formula pills.

Anyway, the body will use what it needs and the rest will be excreted (hello golden pee).

Give it a week and if that doesn't clear it up, you may want to visit your dermatologist. Also, make sure you are getting omega 3 healthy fats in your diet. Not enough fat also causes skin problems.
    Thank for the advise but the animal pak supplements im taking have vitamin B-12

Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    Whey protein
    lipo 6
    white flood
    krill oil
    Acetyl L - carnitine
    Animal pack &
    glucosamine chondrotin

Which means it contains a lot of insulin which would immediately kick you out of ketosis.....
    Well i use its of course as my pre work out supplement , im never worried about being kicked out of ketosis for a short period of time , and i wonder if it actually kicks me out of ketosis because when im working out at the gym i usually have that odd sweet taste in my mouth which is a sign of ketosis so i would say white flood actually does not kick me out of ketosis .

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by THEPRINCE View Post
    Thank for the advise but the animal pak supplements im taking have vitamin B-12
    B-12 is not a B formulation...it's only ONE of a number of B vitamins. Hence, your take a formulation.

Whatever, do what you want : )

kricketz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ketosis urticaria

A few years back I also broke out in the "rash". I went to my doctor who "has never seen anything this this before", fantastic. My Doctor gave me some meds and assured me it would not be caused by my diet plan. I was 2 or 3 week into the Low Carb Atkin's Diet at the time, well I went off the diet anyways, as I was worried about the extra chemicals I was injesting (fake sugars). I took the meds, stopped the diet and my rash went away!

So...was this because I had meds or because I went off the diet?

Fast forward 5 years, at the present I am on The South Beach diet 1 week in guess what....the "rash" appeared again.

We are not alone: Because I do not have 30 posts I cannot link the site, just type www . infront of smartheath . com hit search, copy and paste " Ketosis urticaria Antihistamines weight loss Atkins Cambridg " and read the many other people affected by this.

It seems our body's for whatever reason are "allergic to keytosis".

I hope this helps you, although I am not a medical doctor (they couldn't help anyways lol) I feel this explained alot to me and I feel better having an answer that makes sense.

papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) papasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post

are you completely retarded?
    "You can complain about being fat or you can do something about it. Which do you choose? "--ME

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination." -- Tommy Lasorda

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -- John Wooden

Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oceanborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)