elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fasting--How to maintain anabolism/prevent catabolism?

Ok so we must have these kind of threads once a year

I'm a Muslim for those who dont kno we fast one month yearly where we are not allowed to ingest anything into the bloodstream or drink from sunrise to sunset.

Question as usual, how to maintain anabolism or at least minimize catabolism?

I've been off lifting for a long time and I come back these days so it will be really sad to take the month off or not gain anything through it!!!

Ideas:
    I've been thinking about:
    -Megadosing BCAA's last meal before cutoff- BCAA dose (20g?) (also between the 4 meals from sunset to sunrise, and pre, intra, post workout)
    -Megadosing casein before cutoff- Maybe 50-70g casein? May take much longer to digest?!!
    -A good amount of fat with the cutoff meal, slower protein digestion further more??
    -Glutamine before cutoff also?? But I've been thinking twice about it because everything i'm reading now is that 65% of the ingested amount is used up by intestinal cells, any insight?

So, opinions guys?

One more thing, considering creatine and glycerol monostearate need well hydration, is it going to make a problem? Or staying very well hydrated from sunset to sunrise (which is a lot of hours around the time i take both of them) can be enough?

sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by elboss View Post

I'm a Muslim for those who dont kno we fast one month yearly where we are not allowed to ingest anything into the bloodstream or drink from sunrise to sunset.

I've been off lifting for a long time and I come back these days so it will be really sad to take the month off or not gain anything through it!!!

Ideas:
    -Megadosing BCAA's last meal before cutoff- BCAA dose (20g?) (also between the 4 meals from sunset to sunrise, and pre, intra, post workout)
    -Megadosing casein before cutoff- Maybe 50-70g casein? May take much longer to digest?!!
    -A good amount of fat with the cutoff meal, slower protein digestion further more??
    -Glutamine before cutoff also?? But I've been thinking twice about it because everything i'm reading now is that 65% of the ingested amount is used up by intestinal cells, any insight?

So, opinions guys?

One more thing, considering creatine and glycerol monostearate need well hydration, is it going to make a problem? Or staying very well hydrated from sunset to sunrise (which is a lot of hours around the time i take both of them) can be enough?

It is one day - do what you need to do and resume the following day.

One day will not result in any substantial muscle loss.
    Misc Scotch Crew.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=591771253&posted=1#post591771253
    ITT We drink like men

0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You certainly will not be making gains, but it's good you're trying to make the best of it.

I would say don't bother with glutamine, but casein is a good idea.
    Mega dosing casein will do nothing though, because your body can only absorb so much protein in a certain amount of time.
    Fats with your cutoff meal are definitely a good idea. Load up on them!
    BCAA's during the day would be prime, but you probably can't do that...

0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 0verc0m3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sizeNstrength View Post
    It is one day - do what you need to do and resume the following day.

One day will not result in any substantial muscle loss.
    It's one month brah

elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, its this way everyday for one month starting tomorrow.

So its like the following month I'll be ingesting nothing from sunrise to sunset

Originally Posted by 0verc0m3 View Post
    You certainly will not be making gains, but it's good you're trying to make the best of it.

Mega dosing casein will do nothing though, because your body can only absorb so much protein in a certain amount of time.
    Yeah BCAA would have helped a lit but I can't to that either.

So 40g casein, 20g BCAA, 10g fat and some complex carbs would make a good cutoff meal?

sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's one month brah
    No, its this way everyday for one month starting tomorrow.

So its like the following month I'll be ingesting nothing from sunrise to sunset
    Oh crap - I read through the original post too quick - my apologies OP.

Some people insist that intermittent fasting actually helps with their gains - I would be curious to see if you could try this out.

Google it - but the basic idea is you eat everything you need for that day in 1 meal.
    Misc Scotch Crew.
    ITT We drink like men

Originally Posted by sizeNstrength View Post
    Oh crap - I read through the original post too quick - my apologies OP.

Some people insist that intermittent fasting actually helps with their gains - I would be curious to see if you could try this out.

Google it - but the basic idea is you eat everything you need for that day in 1 meal.
    Wow, that's crazy!! I'll google it right away!

Wow, that's crazy!! I'll google it right away!
    here is a start

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ittent+fasting

I don't necessarily subscribe to the belief - but if you are going to be fasting during the day anyway, it would be worth a shot
    Misc Scotch Crew.
    ITT We drink like men

Your Own, Personal, JESUS bigbeaph's Avatar
    bigbeaph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about just going with one of these protein time release blends?? Supposedly they feed the body for 6-8 hours.

Originally Posted by bigbeaph View Post
    What about just going with one of these protein time release blends?? Supposedly they feed the body for 6-8 hours.
    Aren't they just casein? I suppose it takes just about the same time?!

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)

Ideas:

So, opinions guys?

I never will understand any religious practices.

Your best bet during this period is to live a sedentary life style and limit your activities to next to nothing during the day. Lift a few hours after sun set after you have a meal in you, I would also look to large quantities of MRPs throughout the night.
    Fat Man Typing