TV_Adapter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

AAKG Review - Science & Experience

What is AAKG?
    Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) is a salt of the amino acid arginine and alpha-ketoglutaric acid. It is marketed as a body building supplement. Nitric oxide supplements usually contain arginine alpha-ketoglutarate, which purportedly increases and maintains a high level of nitric oxide in muscles. In theory, the production of nitric oxide from the supplemental arginine promotes vasodilation (dilation of blood vessels, which in theory may make you look vascular [veiny]), which increases blood flow, oxygen transport, and delivery of nutrients to skeletal muscle during resistance training. This purportedly results in dramatic increases in muscle size and strength.

Science
    No scientific research I am aware of exists that supports the assertion that AAKG will increase muscle definition or lean body mass. There is however a scientific study about 35 resistance trained males taking 12 grams of AAKG for 8-weeks. "The researchers found no significant differences between the groups in changes in body mass, fat free mass, fat mass, or percent body fat. Changes in bench press 1RM, sprint peak power, time to peak power, and rate to fatigue were significantly greater in the AAKG"

Experience
    I bought Higher Power AAKG and started taking it earlier this week. I am generally extremely skeptical when it comes to supplements. However, I can vouch that this stuff works. I have had my chest day today. I generally do 225 x 10 for my first set on the bench, with the last rep being almost to failure. After doing 10 reps earlier today, I put the bar down and thought to myself, "that's weird, I think I can do more." I put on 20 more pounds for my second set (10s on each side) and knocked out 9 reps. I've experienced the ability to do more weight on every single thing I did today. The pump at the end was unbelievable.

Conclusion
    This stuff works in increasing strength. I may just be one of the lucky few who responds very well to it, but it definitely worked for me. Companies claim that it also promotes vascularity. Honestly, I haven't really noticed much difference, if any (yet). I am pretty vascular at the moment because I've gotten leaner than I've ever been over the summer, but I wouldn't attribute it to four days of AAKG use. Nevertheless, at about $.30 per day (6 grams recommended dose), it is well worth the cost

Background
    I've been "going to the gym" for several years, but it wasn't until February of this year that I got serious about bodybuilding. I've been taking 3 pills of Velocity XT (for the caffeine effect mostly) and two teaspoons of creatine before each workout since February.

Any questions, just ask. I've scheduled a reminder on my calendar to update this thread after three weeks of using AAKG

References:
    tinyurl.com/lwgv87
    tinyurl.com/n95q6e
    bodybuilding.com/store/hp/aakg.html
    Last edited by TV_Adapter; 08-20-2009 at 11:11 PM.

ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ozziemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TV_Adapter View Post
    What is AAKG?
    Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) is a salt of the amino acid arginine and alpha-ketoglutaric acid. It is marketed as a body building supplement. Nitric oxide supplements usually contain arginine alpha-ketoglutarate, which purportedly increases and maintains a high level of nitric oxide in muscles. In theory, the production of nitric oxide from the supplemental arginine promotes vasodilation (dilation of blood vessels, which in theory may make you look vascular [veiny]), which increases blood flow, oxygen transport, and delivery of nutrients to skeletal muscle during resistance training. This purportedly results in dramatic increases in muscle size and strength.

Science
    No scientific research I am aware of exists that supports the assertion that AAKG will increase muscle definition or lean body mass. There is however a scientific study about 35 resistance trained males taking 12 grams of AAKG for 8-weeks. "The researchers found no significant differences between the groups in changes in body mass, fat free mass, fat mass, or percent body fat. Changes in bench press 1RM, sprint peak power, time to peak power, and rate to fatigue were significantly greater in the AAKG"

Experience
    I bought Higher Power AAKG and started taking it earlier this week. I am generally extremely skeptical when it comes to supplements. However, I can vouch that this stuff works. I have had my chest day today. I generally do 225 x 10 for my first set on the bench, with the last rep being almost to failure. After doing 10 reps earlier today, I put the bar down and thought to myself, "that's weird, I think I can do more." I put on 20 more pounds for my second set (10s on each side) and knocked out 9 reps. I've experienced the ability to do more weight on every single thing I did today. The pump at the end was unbelievable.

Conclusion
    This stuff works in increasing strength. I may just be one of the lucky few who responds very well to it, but it definitely worked for me. Companies claim that it also promotes vascularity. Honestly, I haven't really noticed much difference, if any (yet). I am pretty vascular at the moment because I've gotten leaner than I've ever been over the summer, but I wouldn't attribute it to four days of AAKG use. Nevertheless, at about $.30 per day (6 grams recommended dose), it is well worth the cost

Background
    I've been "going to the gym" for several years, but it wasn't until February of this year that I got serious about bodybuilding. I've been taking 3 pills of Velocity XT (for the caffeine effect mostly) and two teaspoons of creatine before each workout since February.

Any questions, just ask. I've scheduled a reminder on my calendar to update this thread after three weeks of using AAKG

References:
    tinyurl.com/lwgv87
    tinyurl.com/n95q6e
    I took 3500g of AAKG everyday for 6 weeks, along with AEE/OEE before bed and my strength went through the roof, like I was on steroids!

TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigrShrk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know if I just never noticed or was not looking at the right Pre-WO products, but lately it seems more companys are putting AAKG in their Pre-WO products.
    I decided to pick up some, made by NOW and used it last night for the first time...through 3 gms of AAKG in my Ultima. It's too early to see an strength increase, but I did experience a big increase in muscle pump.
    I am currently using White Flood as my Pre-WO, which contains 2.2 gms of AAKG, but I don't feel it is enough cause I haven't felt an real pumps from it. I plan on adding a 2-3 gms of my NOW AAKG to the WF to see what happens.
    "I'm not afraid of dying...I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Quick update:

I was taking 3 teaspoons of AAKG prior to every workout. I’m hitting the gym 5-6 days a week.

This stuff works, no doubt about it. I don't fully understand the science behind it, but here's what I noticed over the last three weeks:

-More vascularity. It might sound rediculous, but I can actually see more defined veins within about an hour of taking this stuff.
    -Size. I've put on 3-5 pounds of lean body mass in 3 weeks. I will not attribute this entirely to AAKG since my diet and work-outs have been better than ever however.
    -Strength. Well, I went up in strength in ever body group by a little bit, but I've just been lifting heavy, so that might not be AAKG.
    -Pump. Perhaps the craziest difference I've noticed with this thing is the "pump" you get in the gym. I read about this before taking AAKG and figured that it was a bunch of baloney. I'm happy to report that it is most definitely real. When I'm reaching the end of my set, I just feel like forcing myself to push out some extra reps. I just don't want to stop at all because it feels like my arms/chest are about to explode.

Bottom line: I'm hooked on this stuff.

Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Srmanuel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do you take it before workout?? I heard it is good to take it 45 min on an empty stomach, but in that case would it be ok to eat 30 min before the aakg ?

For example: Wake up at 8:30 for breakfast, at 9:00 taking the akkg and working out at 9:45.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Srmanuel View Post
    How do you take it before workout?? I heard it is good to take it 45 min on an empty stomach, but in that case would it be ok to eat 30 min before the aakg ?

For example: Wake up at 8:30 for breakfast, at 9:00 taking the akkg and working out at 9:45.
    The closer you put it to food the less it will do. Most people would likely suggest 2 hours after food, 1 hour after a shake. Obviously the more time the better though.

RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Notice a libido boost?

RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RMA08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone?

Just thought I'd do a quick update on this since I've been consistently taking AAKG for a little over 6 months now.

Cons:
    -Just one con really. AAKG gives me very spontaneously explosive and nasty smelling farts, the aroma of which I have finally grown accustomed to and, with some therapy, I've learned to embrace.

Pros:
    -The pumps are unreal. I feel like whatever muscle group I am training is about to explode by the end of the workout, giving me an inflated sense of my appearance when walking out of the gym. I've been known to stare down some of the other guys in the gym after my workouts, only to be reminded by my training partner that those guys have about 50 lbs on me.
    -When taking this stuff, it gives me a noticeable motivation in the gym. I virtually do not have the feeling of 'fatigue.' When I take AAKG before working out, I've never wanted to leave the gym earlier, even if this means missing an intriguing episode of Desperate Housewives.
    -Vascularity. No question about it, AAKG has added more to my vascularity than any other supplement. No longer do I have to tie a rope around my arm to cut blood circulation and create a short-lived artificial vascular look in my arms prior to going out.
    -I feel like AAKG gave me psychokinetic abilities. I have never used these however as I am too afraid of unleashing something that cannot be stopped.

Originally Posted by RMA08
    Notice a libido boost?
    I am 21 years old. What the hell is a libido boost?

meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started AAKG for the first time (primaforce unflavored)....took 2g pre-workout and another 2g about 6hrs later. Didn't really notice a difference just yet but too soon to tell. I might have to increase dose to 4g pre-workout....we'll see.

meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meateater69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by meateater69 View Post
    Just started AAKG for the first time (primaforce unflavored)....took 2g pre-workout and another 2g about 6hrs later. Didn't really notice a difference just yet but too soon to tell. I might have to increase dose to 4g pre-workout....we'll see.
    So yeah, gonna start taking 2g first thing in the morning and another 2g later in the day on non-training days....and 4g pre-w/o on training days.
    Your destiny gets shaped because of your consistent and habitual practice.

James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James243 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What is AAKG?

Science

Experience

Conclusion

Background

References:
    tinyurl.com/lwgv87
    tinyurl.com/n95q6e
    Thanks for the review.

Avtarsinghbawa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Dear First of all thanks for your review and product guidence. Kindly guide me

What is AAKG?

Science

Experience

Conclusion

Background

References:
    tinyurl.com/lwgv87
    tinyurl.com/n95q6e
    Dear
    First day i have tried AAKG with my pre workout.
    I am 32 years old hvng 5 feet and 8 inch of height and weight 72.5. and have a body fat of 15%.
    I do my workout every day except sunday. My workout time is 6.00 am before i drink my preworkout and today i mix with AAKG one spoon and hit the gym hard after excercise i drink my on gold isolate whey protein on scoop. and after that in brkfst i eat cheese arrnd 100Gm or someday with peanut butter.
    I have seen some reviews that AAKG if mix with cretaine then results are too good. But my coach suggest me to retain water level first coz creataine will maximize water level in body.

Kindly guide me that should i take one spoon more with preworkout to get better result or during the day.
    I am waiting your respond.
    Thnks again.

Littlelifter21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it safe to use? Like none of you have had nasty come downs, funny noises from the body like liver or kidneys or heart beat to much? No?