PowerOfSteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Everyday do workout

I actually exercise at home with dumbles , bar and bench . I don't have time to go to gym.
    I have chosen a strategy for my workout. I choose a limited set of exercises that focus on particular muscles . And do those excercises intensly;High sets and high reps.
    For example I choose Biceps and "Middle Back" as muscles and "Barbull Curl" and "Bent Over Barbell Row" as exercises . Workout is as follows :

[ Barbull Curl ]
    (2 sets) of (12 reps) (weight=20KG)
    (2 sets) of (12 reps) (weight=15KG)
    (2 sets) of (12 reps) (weight=10KG)

[Bent Over Barbell Row]
    (3 sets) of (12 reps) (weight=20KG)
    (3 sets) of (12 reps) (weight=15KG)
    (3 sets) of (12 reps) (weight=10KG)

Push-ups
    (1 set ) of (20 reps) slowly as I can

Crunches

As you see the workout is in a way that is easy to perform at home and takes not much time and does not require you to change weights causing waste of time.
    I do it everyday . For a limited time for example 2 months . It results proggress in the muscles in question . And after the period I change my workout focusing on different muscles.

I want to see wether it is a nice strategy. And ways to make it better .

Registered User WeightGain_4000's Avatar
    WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PowerOfSteel View Post
    I want to see wether it is a nice strategy. And ways to make it better .
    No, its not a nice strategy. There are a million ways to make it better. I would suggest reading the stickies first.

Question Why ?

Originally Posted by WeightGain_4000 View Post
    No, its not a nice strategy. There are a million ways to make it better. I would suggest reading the stickies first.
    What is its shortcommings and why ?

Knowing these :
    I don have to for gym .
    I should do my wrokout in minimum time at home.
    I just want to get powerfull. getting like proffesional looking bodybuilders is just a preference not a must.
    Last edited by PowerOfSteel; 08-22-2009 at 11:52 AM.

SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SPFlynn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Knowing these :
    I don have to for gym .
    I should do my wrokout in minimum time at home.
    I just want to get powerfull. getting like proffesional looking bodybuilders is just a preference not a must.
    Trash this workout completely. It will not make you more muscular or more powerful at all. Read the stickies.

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The purpose of training, regardless of size, strength, or power goals, is to get better at something. A workout routine should be constructed so that its volume, frequency, and intensity encourage your body to improve (strength, power, size, etc.) with limited risk of injury.

The problem with your routine is that you have no implied progression scheme. It seems you are just doing the same stuff (same exercises, same sets, same reps) repeatedly for a month or so. If at the end of the month you are not curling or rowing heavier weights, doing more sets/reps, or completing the workout more quickly, then you are not improving your body.

Some progress ...

Originally Posted by EPMD View Post
    The purpose of training, regardless of size, strength, or power goals, is to get better at something. A workout routine should be constructed so that its volume, frequency, and intensity encourage your body to improve (strength, power, size, etc.) with limited risk of injury.

The problem with your routine is that you have no implied progression scheme. It seems you are just doing the same stuff (same exercises, same sets, same reps) repeatedly for a month or so. If at the end of the month you are not curling or rowing heavier weights, doing more sets/reps, or completing the workout more quickly, then you are not improving your body.
    Well I have had some progress on my Biceps they have got bigger and tougher and also my middle back has got more muscles .
    My weight has increased from 76 KG to 80 KG . But a little fas on my abs .

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well I have had some progress on my Biceps they have got bigger and tougher and also my middle back has got more muscles .
    My weight has increased from 76 KG to 80 KG . But a little fas on my abs .
    EPMD's advice is spot on.