herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) herrinb613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlift and Hip Pain

Does this happen to anyone else or is this common.

After I complete deadlifts, the next morning my hips are soar.
    I feel the soarness in the ball joints of my hips on the right and left side.
    And also a little bit in the part where your lowerback goes into the pelvic bone.

There is no pain in my lowerback from the exercise, just some general muscle soarness from the deadlifts.

But I dont think that joint pain or soarness in the hips would generally be associated with deadlifts.

Could this be due to improper form in completing the exercise, or some other thing I am overlooking?

I dont go extremely heavy with the deadlifts.
    Usually I will do 5 sets:

set 1 X 10 reps
    2 X 8
    3X 8
    4X 6
    5X 4

anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by herrinb613 View Post
    Does this happen to anyone else or is this common.

After I complete deadlifts, the next morning my hips are soar.
    I feel the soarness in the ball joints of my hips on the right and left side.
    And also a little bit in the part where your lowerback goes into the pelvic bone.

There is no pain in my lowerback from the exercise, just some general muscle soarness from the deadlifts.

But I dont think that joint pain or soarness in the hips would generally be associated with deadlifts.

Could this be due to improper form in completing the exercise, or some other thing I am overlooking?

I dont go extremely heavy with the deadlifts.
    Usually I will do 5 sets:

set 1 X 10 reps
    2 X 8
    3X 8
    4X 6
    5X 4

your hips are unstable. Do you get groin pain as well?
    1) You need to work on core , glutes, adductors
    2) Check your pelvis is correctly aligned when you do any exercise.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your doing a lot of reps for deads, try decreasing the reps and increasing sets if necessary.
    5 sets of 2 or 3.
    Could have anything from an instability to arthritis hard to say, what else brings this on if anything? if it's just the deads than it could be as simple as overload.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Lewismcj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think maybe you would benefit from some supplements for joints. Simple cod liver oil may do the trick. If not then try decreasing the reps or intensity of the excersize.
    Lewis Mc-J
    'Pain is weakness leaving the body'