1) The best breakfast for a bodybuilder is one that consists of high quality protein, complex carbohydrates, and essential fatty acids.. egg whites, whole eggs, chicken breast, extra lean ground beef, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, whole wheat toritllas, high fiber and protein cereals, 1% milk and peanut butter are good options... Use olive oil to cook the eggs
What are some good options for breakfast when one is pressed for time?
2)A good option for breakfast would be simply to mix a shake together with whey, fruit, and peanut butter. A good breakfast shake would be Whey/Banana/PB
1-2 scoops whey, 1 large banana, 1-2tbs peanut butter.
What are some things one should avoid adding in their breakfasts?
3) One shoud avoid donuts, white bagels, frozen breakfasts like breakfast muffins with eggs because of all the excess fat.. Another thing to avoid is eating a carb-based meal without any protein. Sugary cereals should be avoided because they contain little if any nutrition for a bodybuilder.
BONUS QUESTION: What does your breakfast normally consist of? I have three different breakfasts that i rotate.. My workout breakfast is after my postworkout shake.. It consists of
4oz extra lean ground beef
3 egg whites
1 egg yolk
1/2 swiss cheese slice
diced green bell peppers, onions, red bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and jalapenos.
Then i bake an 8 oz sweet potato and top it with Cocoa powder, sugar free maple syrup and 1/2 tbs peanut butter.
On nonworkout days i stick to my Kashi Go Lean Cereal with Lactaid milk...
1 cup Kashi with cocoa powder and melted pb
5oz FF lactaid
2 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 slice swiss cheese
diced red/green peppers, mushrooms, spinach, jalapenos
Option 2 non-workout
2 slices ezekial bread(french toast) and sugar free male syrup with natty PB
3 egg whites, 1 yolk, cinnamon, splenda (dip bread into mixture)
2 egg whites with 2 oz chicken breast
diced veggies and swiss cheese omelette
Keep it Simple and Cheap. I do not weigh foods since I am always pressed for time. These are a few options...
1. 2-3 Russet Potatoes (wash, poke a few holes, microwave). 2 yolks 6 whites (scrambled with olive oil) with a scoop of flax seed meal. Bowl of Spinach. Banana. Cayenne Pepper Sauce for the egg/flax seed meal combo.
2. Sweet Potato Protein Shake (frozen baked sweet potato slices, 1 scoop of vanilla whey, scoop of flax seed meal, half milk, half water, dash of cinnamon), Green Shake (Kale/Spinach, Frozen apple slices, frozen banana Slices, half milk, half water, dash of cinnamon). Use a blender similar to a magic bullet.
3. Protein Pancake ([rolled oat, 2 yolks 2 egg whites, ~3/4 scoop of vanilla whey, frozen apple slices, frozen banana slices] blend everything in the brackets and cook with olive oil)
These are the only breakfast options that I use. They are cheap, easy, and effective.