Registered User theimmortaljedi's Avatar
    theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question A few suppy questions for those on the know.

Me and my budy are starting to add supplements to our work out. We are going to use 5 grams of creatine a day, Nos 6 grams a day. Zma and tribulas t.

Does this sound like a good first time stack? My buddy takes Addoral medication for add. Does anyone know if that will efect how nos and creatine works for him? Instead of zma can you just take zinc mag and b6 and get the same thing?

Anyone know of anyway to get the best out of these supps please let me know. All advice is welcomed. I just don't believe what the magazines say becasue they are trying to sell me it?

theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theimmortaljedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also wondered about how much glutimine to take. Since know one is able to answer my questions does anyone know of a board where people would have this kind of knowledge?

This really seemed like the best sight for info like this. Anyone know of a friendly bodybuilding board where you get answers to questions like this. I am new to all this and just wanted a little help.

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ZMA and creatine are good. And yes, you can just take zinc, magnesium and b6 all by themselves and get the same results.

Trib and glutamine are next to useless. Don't listen to the ad's.

Go to pubmed.com and search ingredients that magazines are recommending. See if that gives you an idea as to the extent these magazines will go

Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you taking any protein post workout?

That will be a source of glutamine and other amino acids, etc.

I havent been. What should I have been taking? Glutamine is a waste? I have not bought it yet thanks for the info. Trib t. is a waste to? Even if I am 36? What about dhea?
    Is nos good to take with creatine?
    THanks for some replys I was glad to see them here!

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tribulus may boost your libido but that's it, no benefit in terms of muscle building. Don't know about DHEA though.

Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murr1525 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its not that extra glutamine or BCAA's are a waste, it s that you would want them to be extra, on top of what you get from your protein supplement.

Just a regular whey protein post workout like the ON 100% Whey is a good starting point for muscle recovery and building. And of course there are others to try as well.

Then it would be up to you as you try it and read more whether you would want to add extra glutmine, BCAA's, etc.

One thing to remember is you probably don't want to start a load of supps all at once. You wont know what is causing what, esp if you get sick/nauseous.

jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsVR-4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've tried a lot of supplements over that last 10 years.

Trib, ZMA, Glutamine are some of the worst ones. I got zero from it. I might have slept a tad better from ZMA, but it was only a temporary sleep benefit.

Really, the only things that I can tell are working are creatine, caffeine, protein, ephedrine/synephrine.

ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500)
    zinc and trib have given me acne and increased libido and energy, during pct and not.

however, ive never had bloodwork done so i dont know what my actual hormone levels were doing.

at our age, it seems like everything starts to decrease real damn fast, lol!

tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The creatine is definitely an excellent supplement to aid in muscle growth and endurance. I've always had great results with just standard creatine monohydrate.

creatine: SportPharma Just Creatine

A good pre-workout supplement to give you a serious boost in energy and focus

Pre-workout: USPLabs Jack3d

You will also want to maintain close to a gram of protein per body pound if not more for optimal muscle growth. Try to supplement a protein shake in between meals to keep your metabolism up and protein intake high. Also look for protein shakes that include BCAA's and L-Glutamine for muscle growth and endurance.

Protein pre-workout and post-workout: Optimum Nutrition Whey

all things to consider. The TT on bb website claims all these great things even making creatine work better. I heard it does nothing if your 23 but can help at 35. The acne thing doesn't sound cool.

Registered User TrainTillUBleed's Avatar
    TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrainTillUBleed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by theimmortaljedi View Post
    all things to consider. The TT on bb website claims all these great things even making creatine work better. I heard it does nothing if your 23 but can help at 35. The acne thing doesn't sound cool.
    TT isn't a bad idea for someone aged 35. Typically your levels decrease as you pass your 20's. Just give it a shot, see if it works and you'll know from there. But I would also agree with most others, glutamine does nothing and ZMA only teporarily helps with sleep. If you looking to use it for sleeping aid then just buy melatonin (only $1.98 or something on the website for like 100 tabs), otherwise scratch that idea.
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but ain't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights...but me!"
    -Mr. Coleman

"I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman"
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Without pain, without sacrifice, we have nothing"

Even if it works great for someone, it might do nothing for me or you.

So whatever you choose, just do it one new thing at a time.

I had heard alot of good things about zma increasing test. Too bad. Now 10 years ago when I first heard about creatine everyone loaded so in five days you had that great pump. Now I keep seeing you don't need to load. How long does it take to get that fuller muscle look when you don't load if you get it at all?

anyone take creatine and not load?

You can load or not load, up to you.

ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500) ksheab is not very helpful. (-500)
    ive noticed the same thing Immortal, but, theres absolutely no reason to not load if youre going to take creatine.

its actually quite insane really.

Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    ZMA and creatine are good. And yes, you can just take zinc, magnesium and b6 all by themselves and get the same results.

Trib and glutamine are next to useless. Don't listen to the ad's.

Go to pubmed.com and search ingredients that magazines are recommending. See if that gives you an idea as to the extent these magazines will go
    THANK YOU! I've been saying this for a long time. I haven't had any results taking Tribulus at all. Glutamine is useful for your immune system if you're a professional athlete, but as far as speeding up recovery time there's no scientific proof at all.

Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TrainTillUBleed View Post
    TT isn't a bad idea for someone aged 35. Typically your levels decrease as you pass your 20's. Just give it a shot, see if it works and you'll know from there. But I would also agree with most others, glutamine does nothing and ZMA only teporarily helps with sleep. If you looking to use it for sleeping aid then just buy melatonin (only $1.98 or something on the website for like 100 tabs), otherwise scratch that idea.
    I take ZMA and melatonin 1 hour before bed and I swear that combo works better than any perscription sleep medication I've used before.

Originally Posted by theimmortaljedi View Post
    I havent been. What should I have been taking? Glutamine is a waste? I have not bought it yet thanks for the info. Trib t. is a waste to? Even if I am 36? What about dhea?
    Is nos good to take with creatine?
    THanks for some replys I was glad to see them here!
    DHEA is a waste of money IMO.

From Wiki....
    DHEA supplements are sometimes used as muscle-building or performance-enhancing drugs by athletes. However, a randomized placebo-controlled trial found that DHEA supplementation had no (statistically significant) effect on lean body mass, strength, or testosterone levels.
    ecause DHEA is converted to androstenedione and then testosterone, it has two chances to aromatize into estrogen- estrone from androstenedione, and estradiol from testosterone. As such, it is possible for increases in estrogen levels more than testosterone in men.

Originally Posted by ksheab View Post
    ive noticed the same thing Immortal, but, theres absolutely no reason to not load if youre going to take creatine.

its actually quite insane really.
    From a BB.com article....
    Research on effective dosages is relatively consistent. Typically 20-30g/day for 5-7 days is used as a "loading" period. One study found that 20g/day for 5-6 days increased the muscular creatine concentration by 25 mmol/kg dry mass, 30% of which was in the form of phosphocreatine.
    Similar loading dosages have been found to increase PCr concentration by 12-18%.21 Typically, following this "loading" period, individuals take 5g/day to maintain the elevated PCr levels, although there is some evidence that elevated levels can be maintained with as little as 2g/day

Originally Posted by Shreddersteve View Post
    THANK YOU! I've been saying this for a long time. I haven't had any results taking Tribulus at all. Glutamine is useful for your immune system if you're a professional athlete, but as far as speeding up recovery time there's no scientific proof at all.
    as an 18 year old male i wouldnt expect trib to increase your t or libido.
    glutamine has its uses. the least, of which, is improving immunity.
    dhea has its uses. im still trying to get my father to take it.

Any here that ginko b or panax ginsing is suppose to increase creatine effect? Anyone think it's tru? How long does it take for the effects of no supp to show up?