DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often should you take a break?

It comes that time where you just can't bench as much as you use too. That time probably means your overworking. If so, I'm a victim and am just taking it easy not going to the gym today (tomorrow as well for that matter).

I work out 5 times a week, it's been a good two months. Today I was suppose to be at the gym. Instead I'm here trying to figure out how often should one take a break from the gym? How long should those breaks be for? any other info related to breaks/muscle repair would be appreciated.
    Last edited by DetunedRadio; 01-23-2007 at 07:03 AM.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DetunedRadio View Post
    It comes that time where you just can't bench as much as you use too. That time probably means your overworking. If so, I'm a victim and am just taking it easy not going to the gym today (tomorrow as well for that matter).

I work out 5 times a week, it's been a good two months. Today I was suppose to be at the gym. Instead I'm here trying to figure out how often should one take a break from the gym? How long should those breaks be for? any other info related to breaks/muscle repair would be appreciated.
    Theres no set guideline, you already have a good ida that when you start not performing as well as you use to be....then you gotta give it some time off. I'd say a week is good to take off if you dont want to mess up your split, but if that doesnt matter then like 4 days is good for me
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    honestly every 2-3 months you should have a break......i feel like im still growing even though im not working out on my break, and my body can just relax and recuperate.
    If it doesnt kill you, it makes you stronger.

if there is a will there is a way!

If is it not Arnold's way it is the wrong way!

Train insane, Eat the pain, or Remain the same!

Metal is the music of lifting

"As I walk through the Valley of Death, I fear nothing, for I know that I am the badest motherf***** in the valley"

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-*

CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMurder123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ive been lifting for 3 years and have only taken 2 breaks, one when i got chicken pox and was in the hospital, and when i got my wisdom teeth out. if you are going to take a break only make it a few days. also dont get in a habbit of taking breaks and skipping workouts all the time. just switch up your routine

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

break!

i take a day off when my muscles still feel fatigued before i start my workout
    the extra day of rest does wonders and rejuvenates me so i am ready to go!

the only other times i take a break is when i have to, do to scheduling or vacation or something...i used to try and workout on vacation but now i just look at it as a beneficial break!

DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetunedRadio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the feedback! Made up my mind and going to resume work out this Friday.

So it wouldn't hurt if you took a few days off out of no where just so that your muscles catch up? By that I mean everytime you feel "weak"

Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Defiant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not everytime you feel weak, and your body does need breaks about every 8-12 weeks, so like the above poster said 2-3 months.

pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i always hit the gym as hard as i possibly can and i always know if i had more in me. if i feel like my body was just drained that day and for some reason i didnt have enough in me i keep an eye out. if the rest of the week im like that i know its time for a break and i take 5-10 dyas off and come back realy hard. this usualy happens every 8 weeks or so. it may not be exactly overtraining but just being tired u need a break and usualy i come back realy hard from the week off so its even beter. never be afriad to take a week off and remeber as long as u put everything into it your body will eventualy need rest
    Coaching/Contest Prep Services:
    www.GetJakked.com