kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A reasonable quick cut - then Atlantic City!

So here's my situation, after yo-yo-ing for a little while I'm back in bad shape.

192lbs (was 195 two weeks ago), 6'0 ft, and around 25% bf. A few years ago I was in great shape.

/side story
    I have a bet with my fiancee that if I can get my weight to 183lbs before October 1st, then I can take a trip with my friends to Atlantic City; if not, the money I would've used for the trip (about $2k) goes to our "communal fund" to be spend on boring stuff like "shampoo", and "furniture". Necessities, but we are doing okay so I would like to blow some moola.

/side story

For me, I am not interested in simply losing 9 more lbs, I obviously want to put on some muscle as well - so I'd like to lose about 12lbs of fat and put on about 3lbs of muscle. Given my body composition this should be reasonable - but is it reasonable in the amount of time I have left? I'm already on a decent workout programme and my food is okay (but getting better).

If I am one week before Oct 1st and 4lbs too heavy I DO NOT plan on starving myself. The goal is to get healthy, not wither a way.

Is this going to be medium tough, very tough, or kinda impossible?

cheers

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    9 lbs. in 6.5 weeks sounds fairly reasonable. There is a more important issue in your question though. Why wouldn't your fiancee let you go to Atlantic City no matter what you weighed? Was she refusing to let you go, and then you talked her into this bet because she thinks you couldn't do it? Why is she telling you that you can't go places and/or do things? Is the $2000 your money or hers?

kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50) kewd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ZidaneValor View Post
    9 lbs. in 6.5 weeks sounds fairly reasonable. There is a more important issue in your question though. Why wouldn't your fiancee let you go to Atlantic City no matter what you weighed? Was she refusing to let you go, and then you talked her into this bet because she thinks you couldn't do it? Why is she telling you that you can't go places and/or do things? Is the $2000 your money or hers?
    lol.

$2000 is my money, I offered the bet as a way to keep me motivated. Sure, I could just put my foot down and say "I'm taking off, see ya!" But I'm trying to do things as a team. She doesn't care about my weight, which has made it harder to lose because she's always offering me the last shrimp, the last piece of steak, etc. Things between us are psychologically healthy, I believe.

I included the story because it's important to understand that this isn't like I'm enrolling in the army and I need to temporarily beat a weight and then I can get healthy later - I want to genuinely get this weight off.

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh okay. Well, that gives me a completely different view of the situation then.

Yeah 9 lbs. in 6.5 weeks is reasonable with proper nutrition and exercise.

Ted Mosby.......architect tennis_guy's Avatar
    tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tennis_guy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well with ur body fat % and the fact that ur kinda new to it i think u could lose 3lbs for the first 2 weeks then 2 lbs a week for the final 4 weeks bringing ur weight loss to 14 lbs, might be more depending on water weight lost, you will notice a visible muscle increase but you wont gain 3lbs in 6 weeks while on a cut, but u will look noticibly bigger just find ur bmr eat 500 below and excersise 500 extra and in 6 weeks you can make a change
    What's my plan???.... simple really...EAT RIGHT....LIFT HEAVY....REST... repeat until desired results are achieved.

I REP BACK!

RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoosterRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you can do it. These goals aren't unreasonable. You'll be at the Borgata before ya know it.

Registered User allenalexisalexander's Avatar
    allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allenalexisalexander has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Very much attainable...good luck.

Just keeping people updated:

I now weight 189.5; I cut out all the garbage 100%, I'm running for about 20 minutes every day and lifting 4 times a week - but short sessions around 30-40 minutes each time. Alot of circuit training and experimenting with different workouts. I'm not new to body building so I'm okay training without a detailed plan for a particular session as long as my sets/reps over the week make sense.

Since I'm only losing 11 lbs overall I know this isn't going to be an inspirational thread, but for others like me in the same boat I can tell you the biggest things for me (in order):

1: Do NOT eat fast food chinese food as a second lunch around 3pm.
    2: Water, not pop
    3: Force yourself to get out of bed in the morning to workout, no matter what
    4: Tell people about your goal - the more people I tell, the more pressure I have to keep going.

I'm definitely hoping to completely transform my body one step at a time.

sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepp2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kewd View Post
    Just keeping people updated:

I now weight 189.5; I cut out all the garbage 100%, I'm running for about 20 minutes every day and lifting 4 times a week - but short sessions around 30-40 minutes each time. Alot of circuit training and experimenting with different workouts. I'm not new to body building so I'm okay training without a detailed plan for a particular session as long as my sets/reps over the week make sense.

Since I'm only losing 11 lbs overall I know this isn't going to be an inspirational thread, but for others like me in the same boat I can tell you the biggest things for me (in order):

1: Do NOT eat fast food chinese food as a second lunch around 3pm.
    2: Water, not pop
    3: Force yourself to get out of bed in the morning to workout, no matter what
    4: Tell people about your goal - the more people I tell, the more pressure I have to keep going.

I'm definitely hoping to completely transform my body one step at a time.

you could lose easy 10 lbs of weight at the gym jumping rope, doing sprints and teh stairs in a week. have fun on vacation!