rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

try gaining muscle mass

I plan going to my local YMCA for some fitness with the hope I can gain some muscle mass and be stronger ( I am 5"5, 150lbs, look pretty skinny). I have not had any exercise for a long time. How do I know how much exercise/practise is good for me ?

Thanks.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    You might want to start here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...&highlight=pro

Also look at the Stickys for beginner routines.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

ghostwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With any type of new routine, start off slow and controlled and learn the exercises before putting on a bunch of weight. Just work on full body workouts at first, try and use compound exercises. I am sure more people will add stuff, but this will get you started.
    Learn how to eat right if you wanna get big
    I don't have a chip on my shoulder
    I have the whole damn block, so shut it.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rat164 View Post
    I plan going to my local YMCA for some fitness with the hope I can gain some muscle mass and be stronger ( I am 5"5, 150lbs, look pretty skinny). I have not had any exercise for a long time. How do I know how much exercise/practise is good for me ?

Thanks.
    First: good for you. You are making a great decision by getting yourself healthier and stronger.

I wouild search this site for some beginning workout routines. It is always good to have a plan before you start. Look for a routine that allows you to hit all of your major muscle groups, and allows you to get to the gym as many times as you are capable of getting there.

Good luck getting big.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ghostwrx View Post
    With any type of new routine, start off slow and controlled and learn the exercises before putting on a bunch of weight. Just work on full body workouts at first, try and use compound exercises. I am sure more people will add stuff, but this will get you started.
    Learn how to eat right if you wanna get big
    ^^this^^ I will only add ..hang around hear and ask questions.
    O35 5'8" Crew

rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rat164 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, I get a lot of replies just after a short time.

Thank you everybody. I will try that Simple Beginner's Routine for four to five weeks and will post back what I get. And I will hang around here and read other posts, too

By the way, as Ghostwrx mentioned, I know I need to eat right, and it is my problem. It does not matter how much I eat and how bad/good I eat, I have been around this 150 lbs for about 10 years. I have switched to more vegetable and pretty little meat for about a year, and I am still 150 lbs.

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rat164 View Post
    Wow, I get a lot of replies just after a short time.

Thank you everybody. I will try that Simple Beginner's Routine for four to five weeks and will post back what I get. And I will hang around here and read other posts, too

By the way, as Ghostwrx mentioned, I know I need to eat right, and it is my problem. It does not matter how much I eat and how bad/good I eat, I have been around this 150 lbs for about 10 years. I have switched to more vegetable and pretty little meat for about a year, and I am still 150 lbs.
    Like I always say i am not a diet guy but I do know that eating lots of vetables and cutting back on meat will not make you grow. You have a lot to learn about nutrition and have come to the right place. ther are many very knowegable people here that are more than willing to help. ya just have to ask..just dont say you only want to get "toned" and you will be ok.
    O35 5'8" Crew

ghostwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostwrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RAT164
    Well the possibilities are endless on eating right. To be honest it's really hard to say what would work best for you everyone is different. You will have to experiment to find out what works for you. That's really the only advice I can give on the subject.
    I don't have a chip on my shoulder
    I have the whole damn block, so shut it.