Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000)

Just Starting Up

Just wanted to say hey to everyone out there. Just signed up today and have started a BodySpace profile. Any comments, encouragement, suggestions definitely welcome.

I am a really hard-gainer and have just started back to getting my health in order. The big 4-0 seemed to have brought alot with it ... lol. Celebrated my 41st just this past Monday and that is the day that I started getting serious. I don't think I intended it to be that way but just sort of happened.

Hope to hear from others and make a few friends along the way.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Fit_After_40; 08-13-2009 at 09:34 PM.

agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    welcome. you will find a wealth of info here and some nice folks. as long as you stay in the ov35 section

-In Reconstruction Mode- IronAvalanche's Avatar
    IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Welcome, and good luck with your goals!
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    ~ Philippians 4:13

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000) Fit_After_40 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks. Been hanging around the site for a couple years "long time listener, first time caller" ...

Have learned a lot about lifting and nutrition but always ready to learn more.

bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Welcome! what part of IN you from? Good luck on you goals!
    ◊–◊–◊–◊-Cut Like Diamonds by June Crew–◊–◊–◊–◊
    Old school workouts, weight lifting. Believer in Iron. Following Arnold's teachings and principles.

=Anxiety Crew=

Must Read: Encyclopedia of Body Building by Arnold. "Bodybuilding is the best sport." Arnold

Originally Posted by bikes4u View Post
    Welcome! what part of IN you from? Good luck on you goals!
    Live in Indy on the South Side just outside of Greenwood. Saw you are from Indy as well.

bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fit_After_40 View Post
    Live in Indy on the South Side just outside of Greenwood. Saw you are from Indy as well.
    yes--I live just NE of Geist. Member of Cardinal Fitness--pretty nice gym and cheap-no contracts. You might check it out if you don't belong to a gym yet.
    ◊–◊–◊–◊-Cut Like Diamonds by June Crew–◊–◊–◊–◊
    Old school workouts, weight lifting. Believer in Iron. Following Arnold's teachings and principles.

=Anxiety Crew=

Must Read: Encyclopedia of Body Building by Arnold. "Bodybuilding is the best sport." Arnold

We just moved down from the Geist area a couple months ago. Back a couple years ago when I was really working at it, I went to that Cardinal Fitness there on Pendleton Pike.

Amazes me how small the world is ... :P
    "It's not what you got, it's what you give,
    It ain't the life you choose, it's the life you live."

Tesla

Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120778031

Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there! I am an ectomorph as well. I am 6'2", 184, 10% bf. I strain to get every pound on me, and lose 5 in a few days when I get off my plan.

Here is my advice to you.
    #1 Quit smoking, your appetite will increase and you will be able to eat more calories.

#2 Get on a strict eating regime. This doesn't mean diet, this means eating plan. Lots of clean protein, clean carbs, and clean fat.

#3 Get on a strict workout regime. Stick to it.

I can give more details if you want
    If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will!!!

BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome, hope your wanting to gitbit! Enjoy the trek and have fun...

Andrew
    (Im surrounded by Enternet Ediots)

Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    Hi there! I am an ectomorph as well. I am 6'2", 184, 10% bf. I strain to get every pound on me, and lose 5 in a few days when I get off my plan.

Here is my advice to you.
    #1 Quit smoking, your appetite will increase and you will be able to eat more calories.

#2 Get on a strict eating regime. This doesn't mean diet, this means eating plan. Lots of clean protein, clean carbs, and clean fat.

#3 Get on a strict workout regime. Stick to it.

I can give more details if you want
    Thanks to all you guys for the support. Great community here.

Thunderman,

Started the following on Monday:
    AM: 4 scoops EAS Whey (92g protein) and L-Glutaimne
    Late AM: Banana or Yogurt, Granola Bars or whole grain bar
    Lunch: PB and Jelly or tomato wrap with turkey
    Mid afternoon: Oh Yeah! protein bar (about 25g protein)

I pack a baggie full of fresh carrots, green peppers and celery and munch on that throughout the entire afternoon

Post-workout (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri) - 2 scoops EAS Whey
    On my off-days I have dinner with my family

About an hour and a half before bed I will either have 2 scoops casein protein or something like cottage cheese.

Any comments/suggestions definitely welcome.

Workout:
    Mon: Chest, Back, Biceps
    Tue: Squats, Hams
    Thu: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Fri: Squats, Hams

After every workout I do anywhere from 150 - 200 reps of jump rope for my calves. Have not started abs yet (will not be able to see them anyway ... ). I make sure to really push the compounds.

Just finished up my first week and man I feel awesome.

As far as the smokes, been at it for 26 years and I have tried to quit many, many times. I am gonna start on some goals to get it out of my system starting next week. I hate it but I know myself and if I say I am gonna quit this time and fail it will really bring me down and hit my confidence. I know it is going to limit my overall progress and I hate that. I am going to kick this crap though.

Thanks again to all for the positive encouragement.

Cheers.

Tesla

Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need more protein at lunch, and less as the first meal. Your body won't digest 92 grams, it will only allow around 45-60 in..... you are crapping out the rest. And mix some carbs with the whey in the am as well. Have more protein at lunch, and some more coomplex carbs. For a post workout drink you NEED some fast carbs to repair the damage as well as some whey. Mix 3 tbs of ovaltine in with your whey and you will feel a huge difference.
    If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will!!!

Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    You need more protein at lunch, and less as the first meal. Your body won't digest 92 grams, it will only allow around 45-60 in..... you are crapping out the rest. And mix some carbs with the whey in the am as well. Have more protein at lunch, and some more coomplex carbs. For a post workout drink you NEED some fast carbs to repair the damage as well as some whey. Mix 3 tbs of ovaltine in with your whey and you will feel a huge difference.
    Hey Thunder,

Thanks man. Orca (Kevin) pretty much said the exact same things ... BTw alot more info in the journal I started. I have already cut to 2 scoops of whey in the morning and am adding toast or oatmeal to that.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118442141

Tesla