Thread: Sausages o my

iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sausages o my

It says sugar as the last ingredient but lists its carbs as 0.. I eat between 2-4 a day.

It's really hard for me to get my fat so my diet so far is

Protein Pancake- 4 whole eggs, 2 scoops of protein powder ( 0 carb ), cinnamon, and coffee flavorere

Sausages- 2

Pot roast sliced and put in a salad with grated Parmesan cheese on top.

Maybe another 2 sausages or 3 extra eggs.

It comes out to 130-140g of fat. 120-150g of protein and less then 30 grams of carbs.

I drink water all the time. I drank over 180 oz yesterday. Would this prevent me from noticing my ketosis? My breath smells "different" but not horrible, my urine smells barely ( like as I go to flush I'll catch a whiff but not be able to get the same smell again )

I just have this feeling in the back of my head that I'm not in ketosis, the only sign I have is that the only things I crave are carbs. I'm not hungry for anything except carbs. This is my 5th day.
    Lost 50 lbs so far.

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iothar View Post
    It says sugar as the last ingredient but lists its carbs as 0.. I eat between 2-4 a day.

Protein Pancake- 4 whole eggs, 2 scoops of protein powder ( 0 carb ), cinnamon, and coffee flavorere

Sausages- 2

It comes out to 130-140g of fat. 120-150g of protein and less then 30 grams of carbs.

I drink water all the time. I drank over 180 oz yesterday. Would this prevent me from noticing my ketosis? My breath smells "different" but not horrible, my urine smells barely ( like as I go to flush I'll catch a whiff but not be able to get the same smell again )

I just have this feeling in the back of my head that I'm not in ketosis, the only sign I have is that the only things I crave are carbs. I'm not hungry for anything except carbs. This is my 5th day.
    The extra water won't prevent you from being in ketosis by any means. If you attempt to use a ketostix it will probably show you aren't in ketosis bc you are well hydrated. Are you drinking any diet sodas or other beverages with artificial sweetners? If so that could be a reason you are craving carbs.
    Depending on how much activity you are doing and if this is your first time to go into ketosis it can take your body a little longer to adapt.
    I'd cut my carbs back just a little farther to say 20ish a day and that will make sure you are good.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10) iothar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fates_child03 View Post
    The extra water won't prevent you from being in ketosis by any means. If you attempt to use a ketostix it will probably show you aren't in ketosis bc you are well hydrated. Are you drinking any diet sodas or other beverages with artificial sweetners? If so that could be a reason you are craving carbs.
    Depending on how much activity you are doing and if this is your first time to go into ketosis it can take your body a little longer to adapt.
    I'd cut my carbs back just a little farther to say 20ish a day and that will make sure you are good.

I don't drink sodas since 2 days ago. Used to drink 1 in the am and 1 at night.

Preety much the only carbs I get are from meat.. peanut butter.. eggs.. or salad.

Can't really cut it anymore.

So is refeeding once a week the way to go or do you guys do more of a 2 weeks in keto one week out? and if you refeed could you explain the process?
    Lost 50 lbs so far.

My prediction: Pain! joey joe joe's Avatar
    joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why are you eating so many sausages?? Processed meats like that have a lot of salt and nitrates, it's not the healthiest way to get your fats and could lead to water retention. I would limit stuff like sausages and deli meats to twice a week myself. Go for more variety and your body will thank you. It will also give you a better chance of succeeding on the diet.
    New music and video up! www.daysleftmusic.com

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are wanting to clean bulk then a once a week refeed isn't a bad idea but if you are more concerned with losing fat I'd only do a once every other week refeed.

How people carb up is the one big diversity of eating like this. Some people like to go and enjoy eating out etc. Personally I like to keep my carb loads clean the majority of the time.
    I usually stick to Fresh Fruit, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Milk and Whole wheat Pasta for mine.
    Some people like to space their carb ups from Friday-Saturday. I personally have no problem eating enough in 1 day to reload carbs.

Depending on work and workouts I'll either reload on Friday or saturday. I'll have a breakfast with minimal fats and carbs like egg whites and chicken breast etc, Then I'll go hit my workout and directly postworkout I'll start my carb load because your body is more primed for the nutrients then.
    I'll start with a Protein shake with Milk and a banana or other fruit. Then wait about 45mins-1hr and have a meal consisting of a lean protein like Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Tuna etc and a complex carb source.
    It typically takes me my postworkout shake + 3 meals and I can eat all the carbs I need easily.

Originally Posted by joey joe joe View Post
    Why are you eating so many sausages?? Processed meats like that have a lot of salt and nitrates, it's not the healthiest way to get your fats and could lead to water retention. I would limit stuff like sausages and deli meats to twice a week myself. Go for more variety and your body will thank you. It will also give you a better chance of succeeding on the diet.
    How do you get your fats?

My old diet was 4 eggs, 4 scoops of protein powder, 4 tbs peanut butter, 8 oz red meat, 1 salad, 1 tbs olive oil, 8 oz chicken.

That wasn't nearly enough.

This is only my first week and I'm trying to get into ketosis then adjust diet.
    Lost 50 lbs so far.

My prediction: Pain! joey joe joe's Avatar
    joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How do you get your fats?

My old diet was 4 eggs, 4 scoops of protein powder, 4 tbs peanut butter, 8 oz red meat, 1 salad, 1 tbs olive oil, 8 oz chicken.

That wasn't nearly enough.

This is only my first week and I'm trying to get into ketosis then adjust diet.
    Pork chops, steak, ground beef, ground turkey, cheese, chicken thighs & drumsticks with skin, pork/beef roast, bacon (should be limited like sausage) and if you like fish there are plenty of fatty varieties out there.

There's a lot of options available, I just think if you limit yourself you'll get bored pretty quickly.
    New music and video up! www.daysleftmusic.com

smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it says 0g of Carbs and lists Sugar as a ingrediant, they probably rounded down and not up.

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Sausages- 2

If you were in ketosis...you would have no cravings. Most people don't feel like eating when they get in deep ketosis. You should be losing your appetite...not gaining one.

jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jief has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    If you were in ketosis...you would have no cravings. Most people don't feel like eating when they get in deep ketosis. You should be losing your appetite...not gaining one.
    I was about to ask this. Can I rely on my appetite to know when im in ketosis?

Originally Posted by jief View Post
    I was about to ask this. Can I rely on my appetite to know when im in ketosis?
    Yes by the time you have depleted your glycogen stores and are solidly in Ketosis the desire to eat carbs pretty well disappears for me.

Yes by the time you have depleted your glycogen stores and are solidly in Ketosis the desire to eat carbs pretty well disappears for me.
    So 5 days in and no direct source of carbs just meats, less then an oz of cheese, salad, and eggs and I'm not in ketosis?

How long might it take? Guess it relies on how much glycogen I had before?
    Lost 50 lbs so far.

what is this? coffee flavorere if it is flavoring agent you may want to read the label bc its liable to have artificial sweetners in it which can cause you to want carbs too.
    Also depending exactly what is in your salad( type of veggies dressing etc.) plus the indirect carbs from the sausages, it may say 0 carbs but if it has sugar listed on ingredients it has carbs they just round their numbers down. So you could be getting more carbs then you think per day.
    But yes it could take 5 days or longer depending on just how glycogen loaded you were and your activity level over the last 5 days.

what is this? coffee flavorere if it is flavoring agent you may want to read the label bc its liable to have artificial sweetners in it which can cause you to want carbs too.
    Also depending exactly what is in your salad( type of veggies dressing etc.) plus the indirect carbs from the sausages, it may say 0 carbs but if it has sugar listed on ingredients it has carbs they just round their numbers down. So you could be getting more carbs then you think per day.
    But yes it could take 5 days or longer depending on just how glycogen loaded you were and your activity level over the last 5 days.

Nothing in salad except Salt and pepper, olive oil, and grated Parmesan cheese, Sausages say 0 carbs per link but at the most it could be 1g per sausage so nothing major.

Artificial sweetener shouldn't effect your rate of entering ketosis right? My coffee flavor says 0 carbs but does have splenda as the 6th ingredient leading me to believe the 1 tbs I use a day isn't doing anything.

I don't drink diet soda either.
    Lost 50 lbs so far.

Nothing in salad except Salt and pepper, olive oil, and grated Parmesan cheese, Sausages say 0 carbs per link but at the most it could be 1g per sausage so nothing major.

Artificial sweetener shouldn't effect your rate of entering ketosis right? My coffee flavor says 0 carbs but does have splenda as the 6th ingredient leading me to believe the 1 tbs I use a day isn't doing anything.

I don't drink diet soda either.
    Artificial sweetner may not make a huge impact on ketosis no but they do make you crave regular sugars and carbs more.

Artificial sweetner may not make a huge impact on ketosis no but they do make you crave regular sugars and carbs more.
    So these cravings I have every night while I lie awake might be from that hmm.. I'll take it out! I usually have barely any during the day so hopefully that's it.

Did push ups today, pull ups and swam. Keeping it light at the beginning so I can hit it hard when the diet stalls a bit.

Weighing myself on Thursday! Was 179 to start.

Anyone notice they can't lose inches off there waist no matter how much weight they lose? I just keep getting more and more lose skins. Makes me looks fat when I stand up but when I bend over it hangs sooo low lol.

I've gone from 250 to 179 so about 71 pounds I guess I should expect lose skin.
    Lost 50 lbs so far.

So these cravings I have every night while I lie awake might be from that hmm.. I'll take it out! I usually have barely any during the day so hopefully that's it.

Did push ups today, pull ups and swam. Keeping it light at the beginning so I can hit it hard when the diet stalls a bit.

Weighing myself on Thursday! Was 179 to start.

Anyone notice they can't lose inches off there waist no matter how much weight they lose? I just keep getting more and more lose skins. Makes me looks fat when I stand up but when I bend over it hangs sooo low lol.

I've gone from 250 to 179 so about 71 pounds I guess I should expect lose skin.
    Yeah I use to drink Crystal lights sometimes and they'd make me crave regular sugar and carbs so I stopped having them after I figured out what was doing it.
    Lol if you want to see loose skin I could post some pics up for you. June 2005 I weighed 462lbs and got down as low as 187lbs.
    You know what though. I'll take the loose skin and enjoy living longer and better.

Yeah I use to drink Crystal lights sometimes and they'd make me crave regular sugar and carbs so I stopped having them after I figured out what was doing it.
    Lol if you want to see loose skin I could post some pics up for you. June 2005 I weighed 462lbs and got down as low as 187lbs.
    You know what though. I'll take the loose skin and enjoy living longer and better.
    You just put on woopin on my 71 lbs! But yah my stomach is weird. I look so fat for a mid 170s person.
    Lost 50 lbs so far.

I understand where you are coming from lol. It does get better over time. Being young is a huge help because the skin is still more elastic. It takes time for it to catch up to the weight loss. You can put vitamin E and cocoa butter on it to help some too.

spacecan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spacecan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spacecan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how well does cocobutter help?