yoink1928 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hawaii bodybuilding competition results

Does anyone know where I could find a list of competitors or winners of hawaii contests? Im looking to confirm a claim that was made by a personal trainer. His name is John Gatewood. He claimed to have, at one time been Mr. Hawaii. Does this name ring a bell for anyone? Anyone know where I could confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hbjcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yoink1928 View Post
    Does anyone know where I could find a list of competitors or winners of hawaii contests? Im looking to confirm a claim that was made by a personal trainer. His name is John Gatewood. He claimed to have, at one time been Mr. Hawaii. Does this name ring a bell for anyone? Anyone know where I could confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
    Go to musclememory.com

There is only one "Terry Gatewood" which won 1st place in the Masters category on the 1997 Emerald Cup.

If you go to the Mr. Hawaii contest page you will notice he isn't listed there either.

johngatewood46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

confirmation

Thanks in advance.
    The answer to your question is "YES" John L. Gatewood was named mr hawaii in 1989.the title of the show was Mr. 50th state bodybuilding championship.Mr. Gatewood was the middle weight winner,and overall champion that year.the light weight compettitor who came in a close second was Eric Yama****o,the heavy weight compettitor I can,t remember,the show was sponsered through the (N.P.C.)Kathy and Donald Chang promoted the show.If you need further confirmation and possibly photos contact Eric Yama****o personal training Honolulu Hawaii.

confirmation

Originally Posted by hbjcr View Post
    Go to musclememory.com

There is only one "Terry Gatewood" which won 1st place in the Masters category on the 1997 Emerald Cup.

If you go to the Mr. Hawaii contest page you will notice he isn't listed there either.
    John L. Gatewood did indeed win the Mr.Hawaii bodybuilding championship in 1989,the title of the show was the Mr. 50th state bodybuilding championship sponsered through the(N.P.C)kathy and donald chang of Hawaii promoted the show.If you need further confirmation contact ( Eric yama****a) of Eric Yama****a personal training Hawaii, he was the light winner of that show,John L. Gatewood was the middle weight and overall champion.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes John L.Gatewood was named mr. Hawaii in 1989,contact kathy or donald chang of hawaii they promoted the show that year.

robcaldwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gatwood

Thanks in advance.
    Yes I can confirmed I trained with him, and came in second in the Heavy Weight. I have been trying to contact Gatewood since we lost contact when I left HI in 1991. Robert Caldwell SgtMaj USMC. Please have him contact me\Rob Caldwell