Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50)

annoying characters at the gym

Anyone have any annoying characters at their gyms, for example:

Guy who grunts loud with every rep

people who go the gym to try to 'hook up' with other people and hardly workout( i call them gym whores)

lady with flab hanging over spandex pants

fat guy with big arms wearing cutoff shirts showing flabby arms thinking he is buff

guy curling 50 dumbells using every muscle in his body

hairy fat naked old guys in the locker room with no towel

epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50) epac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i forgot to add skinny guy trying to give bad advice about excercises and good form

f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by epac
    i forgot to add skinny guy trying to give bad advice about excercises and good form
    shouldve left that one out. Skinny != incompetent

bearfan3454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alright first..Im sorry if i sound like a a ss..but some of you guys are dicks..The fat guy who is pretty happy hes weightlifting..And showing what he has.;.SO WHAT..He goes to the gym the same reason you do..To get big..So if his confidence is up because he lost a few lbs and gained a little muscle(even if it isnt your type of muscle) your gonna bitch at him for it? OMG..Thats pathetic..I dont think it was this thread..but theres another one..Guy bitchin about the fat guy there..Thats just sad..I mean come on..The guy is trying to lose weight...And your being a **** about it..**** thats retared..Im not overweight..Ima ctually gaining some weight..but some of you guys are *******s

i'm not talking about the fat guy trying to get in shape, I'm talking about the fat guys who have some muscle but think there buff as the people who work hard for it and they are just trying ot show off. This thread is for pure entertainment and not ment to be mean spirtited.

Registered User Need 2Whey more's Avatar
    Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bearfan3454 - The guy is trying to lose weight...And your being a **** about it..**** thats retared..Im not overweight..Ima ctually gaining some weight..but some of you guys are *******s

Welcome to the boards bearfan3454, and it won't be the last time you think that about some people on here.
    Jeremiah 29:13

Everyone has all the answer's, except when it comes to their own life!

sirlancelot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The flames in this thread are cute and make me laugh. I liked this article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par10.htm

bearfan3454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im just sayin bro..Theres was another guy who made a post like this about a fat guy trying to run and sweat..OH god..hes trying to make himself feel better...And get in good shape..The same reason why everyone goes to the gym..Not everyone is a trainer and shaves there legs..OK?..lol..yea thanks..Ive been reading on here for awhile..And have had 4 different sn..And got banned..lol..So what u think of hST

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: annoying characters at the gym

Originally posted by epac

people who go the gym to try to 'hook up' with other people and hardly workout( i call them gym whores)

this is the most annoying to me.......people standing around talking and getting in the damn way......if you wanna socialize, GO TO THE DAMN LOBBY !.....or better yet, the bar down the street !

Registered User MiKeHendrycks92's Avatar
    MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiKeHendrycks92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this guy is known around my whole ****ing like city in the weightlifting community. we call him los olas and ron jon because he always wears two shirts one that says las olas and the other is a ron jon surf shop shirt. both cutoff i might add. he is about id say 50 years old. always talk SUPER loud about how he used to do roids and was basically a pro blah blah BLAH. he makes fun of everyone and this is his routine. we made our own mocking routine of him.

"the las olas vocal workout"

set 1. stretch really dumb and stare at yourself in the mirror doing full flexes.
    superset with/ bench press, first set 315 plds, get spotter, do 3 reps of WORST form by slamming it down on your chest and having the spotter ****ing DEADLIFT it for you.

(i spotted for him once and couldnt even barely get the bar up he helped so little...my one rep max is 315)

do that 3 times and always SCREAMMMMMMMM and talk to your muscles like they are humans "COMEON CHEST COMEON CHEST LETS DO THIS BABY!"

do same with squats, the bicep curls in the ****ing squat rack.

drink your like 50 supplements he takes DURING his workout.

YELL "PEACE!" to everyone who hates you.

walk out the gym yelling to the muscle he jsut worked... ex: "YEA BICEP YEA CURLING 210 YEAAAAA"
    Don't try to go to Heaven by backing away from Hell.

"Do ya thang man, **** what they lookin at"

Haters gonna Hate

Current Stack:
    Fish Oil
    Dymatize All Natural Elite Whey
    USPLabs JACK3D
    ON Opti-Men

Weight-180lbs
    Lifts- Bench: 225X3 touch, pause, press
    Squat: 375X1 ATG
    Deadlift: 475X3 perfect form and vids.

jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    omg this thread is soooo original
    Squat - 180 lb - 3x5

Deadlift - 225 lb - 5 reps

Bench - 127.5 lb 3x5

Overhead Press - 95 lb - 3x5

Powerclean - 117.5 - 5x3

Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500)
    HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Maybe wearing a cut off shirt is very convenient and comfortable when lifting weights, thought of that?
    Maybe he is not self conscious and like to wear comfortable attire to workout in...

Also, the skinny guy weighing 160 pounds, me, is the guy teaching others proper form of squating and stiff legged deads because most people in the gym don't do those...
    So what if I cn only squat 200, doesn't mean I don't know form and have not researched countless number of hours on nutrition, exercise and body building in general...

The character that I don't like, the guy who goes into the squat rack on my leg day, and put on 10s on the 45 pound bar, and cheat curls it, why cant they use an EZ bar or that bar that is used to upright row...

But whatevs.

sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
    this is the most annoying to me.......people standing around talking and getting in the damn way......if you wanna socialize, GO TO THE DAMN LOBBY !.....or better yet, the bar down the street !
    I totally agree!!!
    "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now" — Zig Ziglar

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    New type of people I am growing to hate... these weird "fitness" type people. I dont know where this came from. Its like a bunch of really skinny people who fell in love with rossboxing and crossfit and think its the only way to train. I had someone tell me jump squats were the best strength excercise for your lower body.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Registered User WeightGain_4000's Avatar
    WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "Guy who grunts loud with every rep" So what, he's probably lifting more than you.

"lady with flab hanging over spandex pants" At least they are doing something.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WeightGain_4000 View Post
    "Guy who grunts loud with every rep" So what, he's probably lifting more than you.

Grunting is one thing. However, the whole gym doesent need to hear it. I think the OP meant with the "lady in spandex" remark, women who try to dress overly sexy, not thier age, or try to cram into small shorts when they clearly arent ready for that.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Lunch8ox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lunch8ox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lunch8ox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dude I'm station here in Italy and let me tell you there is nothing more annoying then a bunch of Italians in the gym during lunch or after work. To them it's social hour and they get pissy when you ask them to move from a machine or bench that they've been at for 15 minutes and used only for 2 sets.

And they fit your annoying list of people also.

Don't mean to insult any Italians out here, but come on. Go to the coffee bar and socialize.

Lunch8ox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lunch8ox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lunch8ox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WeightGain_4000 View Post

the guy whose grunting usually is lifting more then he should be, unless he's doing something to end his workout and he's at that pain threshold. As for the lady in spandex I agree with you.

mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000) mpenix is just really nice. (+1000)
    holy thread revival batman!

my 2 cents: The people that annoy me at the gym are the ones who workout quietly and look like they're progressing on their goals... man, those guys.
    -
    --
    ---
    --
    -

My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119275261

"The only cardio you do is runnin' your mouth" - mpenix

Originally Posted by mpenix View Post
    holy thread revival batman!

my 2 cents: The people that annoy me at the gym are the ones who workout quietly and look like they're progressing on their goals... man, those guys.
    don't you hate that.

scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in regards to trying to pick up girls at gyms...ive never tried it but i can at least somewhat sympathize with these guys. first of all im not even sure how it would work b/c theyre all just listening to their ipods anyway and going hardcore in the cardio room. but its real easy to see when someones naturally hot at the gym and theres obv a lot of good looking girls there. you have something big in common with them in that you like to take care of your body and you know that its important to them so theyre going to look good for a long time. so lots of positives there. i agree 100% its not the best setting to do it...but man if you could make that work for you itd be great
    "There are few things graven in stone except that you have to squat, or you're a pussy."

BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigKev23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The people that annoy me at the gym are the ones who concentrate too much on what others are doing or wearing in the gym....

...and later writes a thread about it

darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There's a guy at my gym who performs every possible exercise on the cable crossover. I normaly go to the gym at around 4pm and if he's there, I'm not going to be performing any cable exercises as he never leaves before me (yes, it's common for gyms in England to just have one cable equip). One day I got in at 3pm on a day off from work and he was there then too!

According to the gym staff he spends 2-3 hours in the gym and doesn't leave the cable crossover the whole time he's there. Come on, you have to admit that's fairly annoying. Oh, and no, he doesn't like to share ;-)

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigKev23 View Post
    The people that annoy me at the gym are the ones who concentrate too much on what others are doing or wearing in the gym....

...and later writes a thread about it
    Damn you BigKev and your beating me to the "Annoying guy who judges everyone and gets no results" punch

GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1) The guy who gives birth through his urethra when he pushes out his last reps.
    2) Skinny guy who walks around the gym with his pigeon chest.
    3) The tough guy who executes every rep with the poorist form just so he can show off how much he can lift!!
    "Everyone wants to be a bodybuilding, but no one wants to eat this whole chicken................ But i do"

"Light Weight baby"

Dude what is that piece of string hanging from your shoulder?? Wait thats your arm!

jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nombie View Post
    1) The guy who gives birth through his urethra when he pushes out his last reps.
    2) Skinny guy who walks around the gym with his pigeon chest.
    3) The tough guy who executes every rep with the poorist form just so he can show off how much he can lift!!
    i'm not sure i get #2. are you saying he's a douche for simply walking around a gym whilst having a small chest? i'm sure he wishes it was bigger.
    Squat - 180 lb - 3x5

Deadlift - 225 lb - 5 reps

Bench - 127.5 lb 3x5

Overhead Press - 95 lb - 3x5

Powerclean - 117.5 - 5x3

Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Professor pencil neck- the guy who does the functional compound explosive olympic power athlete kettlebell routines that he has spent years studying on the internets. Unfortunately he is 150 lbs and squats 2 plates

im more annoyed that they spend so much time but get nothing out of it because they dont understand how to eat
    Last edited by Darkwatcher759; 08-17-2009 at 02:59 PM.

scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scrappie345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think he means walking around with your chest real high and puffing it out on purpose, trying to show off or look big. pigeon's got huge breasticles, yo
    "There are few things graven in stone except that you have to squat, or you're a pussy."

nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10) nombie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by scrappie345 View Post
    i think he means walking around with your chest real high and puffing it out on purpose, trying to show off or look big. pigeon's got huge breasticles, yo

^^^^ Cheers dude
    "Everyone wants to be a bodybuilding, but no one wants to eat this whole chicken................ But i do"

"Light Weight baby"

Dude what is that piece of string hanging from your shoulder?? Wait thats your arm!

Finally got a bench... tiger2dd's Avatar
    tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10) tiger2dd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Socialgym View Post
    I hate the guy that uses the blowdryer on his crotch area in the locker room. Yes I wish i was kidding
    OMG! Theres a guy that does that at my gym!!!!!

I really hate the old guys that just walk around naked for the fun of it!