bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Days off from the gym...

Ok, so ive been going to the gym regularly for the past 18 months. About 60-90 mins (60-weighlifting 30-Cardio) a day; usually 5-6 days a week. I have noticed tremendous changes in my body; physically and mentally.

Yet, one psychological issue I deal with are the days off from the gym. I take at least 1 day off a week for rest, which is needed. However, there are sometimes when I cannot go for an extended time for various reasons. Whether it is work, school-related stuff, vacations or body is just not feeling good. On these days when i dont go (esp when it is more than 1 day) I start to feel like ****-almost like a withdrawal. I start to get depressed and feel fat/disgusting. Despite it all psychological and physically i have not actually gotten fatter by not going to the gym for two days how do you block out this feeling? I almost feel like im addicted to drug and if i dont get enough of it in a period of time i get withdrawals. I figured this was a problem that most of you go through as well; any tips?

DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrunkAndStoned- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hope your cardio is not right before or after your 60min of weights. That is no good. Also weights + cardio 5-6 days a week seems like quite a bit. You would probably make more gains lessening that. Just my opinion...

and no, I don't ever feel like i'm missing out on anything cuz I know the off days are the days when your muscles are growing the most + less stress + more relaxation is always good.

bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bremer45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DrunkAndStoned- View Post
    I hope your cardio is not right before or after your 60min of weights. That is no good. Also weights + cardio 5-6 days a week seems like quite a bit. You would probably make more gains lessening that. Just my opinion...

and no, I don't ever feel like i'm missing out on anything cuz I know the off days are the days when your muscles are growing the most + less stress + more relaxation is always good.
    So maybe do 60 min of weight lifting 3-4 days a week and cardio for 30 min 2 days a week?

chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DrunkAndStoned- View Post

How is doing cardio right after weightlifting not good? You burn more fat that way because your glycogen levels are depleted.