ericos96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many reps/sets for abs

For all other muscles it seems pretty straightforward, but I'd imaging higher reps/sets would be better for abs. What works best for you?

Also is training abs every third day ok?

Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tommy5144 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ericos96 View Post
    For all other muscles it seems pretty straightforward, but I'd imaging higher reps/sets would be better for abs. What works best for you?

Let me start this off by saying, everyone is different, and different things work for different people. Personally I work abs every other day, and I don't do like super high reps. For other muscles i stay in the 6-10 rep range, but for abs I am stay around, 12-15. Usually 12, But I also most of my exercises are either very difficult weightless, or basic ones that use weight.

Either way, figure it out for yourself. See what works, but yeah in general abs take higher reps then say chest
    NASM-CPT

REP BACK 1k+....just ask

*"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."
    -C.S. Lewis

"It's easy to hit the gym everybody but true dedication to fitness is a war won in the kitchen." - Tone4Now

tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiger1dd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ericos96 View Post

Personally,

I just do weighted ab exercises on Mondays and Thursdays.

But yeah, it really depends on YOU. Play around with it, figure out what works for you.
    ".....Don't worry, there are plenty of fish in the ocean... Just kiddin', there's an oil spill...."

I strive to be AS FAR IN THE RED as humanly possible, so if you like what I say, neg me, if you don't like what I say, neg me. Thank you.

Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winterwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I treat it like any other body part and include it in my 3 day split.

Same 8-12 reps, with heavy weight

McGillLifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGillLifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGillLifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGillLifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGillLifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGillLifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGillLifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i do swisss ball sit ups you get more extension and there harder if you do it right
    BCRPA Certified Weight Trainer

Yankeejim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good advice from a body building friend of mine..abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym. You don't have to kill your abs, just stimulate them. Work them every training day and with a good diet and cardio you WILL see results.