Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,518 of 1518
    WWSHIELDS3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One day at a time. AA is the only thing that worked for me. Tried to self regulate, went to psychologists, head shrinks, switched from liquor to beer etc. Completely submitting to AA, getting a sponsor and working the steps is the only thing that worked. Best of luck to you all on your journey in sobriety! PM me if anyone ever needs to talk.

Also, remember there is a big difference between being sober and in recovery and "not drinking". Two very different things. There are a lot of "dry" drunks who dont drink but are always irritable, restless and discontent with life.

moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man...we all will witness your journey of quitting alcohol...
    I don't workout to be fit...

I workout because I REFUSE to remain AVERAGE !!!
    I workout because I REFUSE to be just like everybody else !!!

Make it Happen !!!

mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mma_fiend View Post
    I quit the booze last week and feel great, attending AA meetings and looking forward to not only physical sobriety but the emotional sobriety that will come along with this decision. Props to everyone who realizes that alcohol is a problem to them and chooses to address it and much respect to those who are able to imbibe and still behave like a gentleman.
    Just over 7 months sober/recovering and things have never been better. I love the feeling of being in control in every situation and not having an altered mental state.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness
    www.********.com/jettsettfitness
    Pintrest: jettsettfitness
    jettsettfitness@gmail.com

If your WHY is BIG enough the HOW won't be as important!!
    PMA = Postive mental attitude.....don't leave home without it!!

Registered User THEMONEYMACHINE's Avatar
    THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So do i stop drinking

Registered User THEMONEYMACHINE's Avatar
    THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) THEMONEYMACHINE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I can not avoid drunk at weekends

Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobutu89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Came into say, have been sober for about a month now until last night. Sober month overall has been great, physically ive been in the best shape for, well, more or less since I can remember! Its actually enjoyable to look in the mirror now and to see my progress in terms of weight loss primarily. I decided to do a month at least which I completed. I decided to drink this weekend as I had completed the month and had a date on sat night.

However, I had just two drinks last night on this date, and had awful ****ty sleep, have been feeling rough and crappy today, and have a swollen gland in my neck today. wtf. Just goes to show this stuff is nasty. My body must be really not used to it now. Made me feel like, phuck this, I am going to stay sober. I planned to do just a month but I just can't see myself going back to drinking now. Once you see it for a drug in a scientific sense and that it has a negative effect on your life and happiness in the short and long term then you realise its not worth while.

My social life has been a bit phucked to be honest because of no drinking. But right now, its come down to health or social life. If you have to choose one you choose health. Its still possible to socialize if I see a friend and do a non drinking related activity like play some pool, have a meal or something. Its the big weekend nights out that are hard to attend now, just because everyone is getting phucked and it just doesnt feel like there is much point in going to these events sober!

I guess the key is to make positive changes and start new positive things to replace the drinking. I have started doing some boxing so far (something I have been meaning to do for years!) and will plan to do even more new stuff as time goes on. Sometimes I wonder whether I have become to extreme but I am just bored of wasted weekends + all the other negative effects. And I just don't see the point of having 1-2 drinks if it doesnt really have any beneficial effect.

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I haven't drank in many months now. I've quit smoking completely and plan on being clean except for on special occasions, birthday parties, weddings, new years, etc

Props to everyone else who's dropped their drinking and smoking habits! Now only if more people can stop masturbating :P (me included)
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrKenRussell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to be a big drinker before that, although I didn't really need to drink much alcohol to get drunk, so I would get completely hammered pretty much any time I drank. I realised I needed to make a change when I would get home during the week and would start in on what ever was in the cupboard, then going to my room at night and drinking all on my own sitting on my bed.

It was hard at first, and I still do sometimes miss it, when something monumental happens in my life and I feel like I can't cope. Mostly though, I love the feeling of waking up every morning and feeling fully present, like I'm fully involved in life and not stumbling around in a haze because of wanting or having alcohol. I realized how much of a crutch alcohol became for me, and I made the decision to be strong enough to live life on my own, without that.

Once you have freedom from alcohol, you won't want to surrender to it ever again.

sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck, self awareness is a great step that many people do not get at until it is too late. Definitely would get some sort of a support system going, even if it is one person you can call anytime to walk you down from a ledge.

jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100) jonasdk is not very well liked. (-100)
    cool.. good luck with your life

Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rukas51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very interesting thread to read. Props to those that resurrected it.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still there." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine." ~ John C. Maxwell

"It is not the load that breaks you down, it is the way you carry it." ~ Lou Holtz

TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You guys still sober ? Lol

buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheComeBack1 View Post
    Yup.
    ʙ ᴜ ᴄ ᴋ ᴇ ʏ ᴇ ✭ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ

TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheComeBack1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good for you bro ! Great thread btw lots of interesting storys

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheComeBack1 View Post
    A couple months late in replying here, but I am. Just passed 8 years.
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ayyyy nice one man

Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tomholmes01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100) redy1212 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good luck man