Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1518
    AKA The Gingerbread Man MR.RAMSEY's Avatar
    MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MR.RAMSEY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just passing through this thread once again... just like to congratulate everyone here who decided to stay motivated with the use of alcohol. It can be a tough road in the beginning, but through hard work and dedication, it CAN be done one day at a time
    STRENGTH AND HONOR

Super Saiyan Genetics genetics 83's Avatar
    genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just wanted to say good luck to all of you and that it is a great thing that you haven chosen to stop
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ CVC ██ █ ★ █ ██
    US Army '04-07 OIF III
    Saiyan Crew
    F-Body Crew
    Texas Crew
    Over 30 crew

agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) agm1984 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    way to be. i never really drank ALOT but i did a fair share during the few years after high school.

then i realized that i hated hangovers, and all i needed a few years ago was to be come fitness minded and i kicked alcohol fairly easily.

i get all the motivation i need by thinking about
    1) hangovers
    2) money save
    3) taking longer to repair body while metabolizing alcohol. F that

MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10) MindWentBlank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol Quitting is easy. Staying stopped is hard. Good luck to everyone in thread.

Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay I'm going to join you guys.

I'm 20, in college and for the past few years my weekends have all been about getting wasted at parties or clubs. It might be fun most of the time, but it will always hurt you at some point and any self-respecting man should be aware of this fact.

In september I took up some real commitment and decided to quit drinking because I wanted to focus more on my training. It was a amazing for a few months, but then I decided one beer wouldn't be any harm. Next day it were two, and so on.. Now I'm pretty much back were I started.

This is unacceptable so I'm doing it again and for real this time, and prove my worth compared to most people who'll fail to do it. I've started myself on a 30-day no alcohol challenge (combined with a no coffee challenge) with the intent to make it permanently.

My advise from my experience: Quit all the way. Yes I know you think you can just have a good time and drink 2-3 beers and then stop. You will, and so will you next week. And the week after. But at SOME point you will fail as we all have a weakness and you will get wasted. So no excuses. Don't give alcohol the chance to exploit your weakness.

Good look everyone!

TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Darks006 View Post
    Okay I'm going to join you guys.

I'm 20, in college and for the past few years my weekends have all been about getting wasted at parties or clubs. It might be fun most of the time, but it will always hurt you at some point and any self-respecting man should be aware of this fact.

In september I took up some real commitment and decided to quit drinking because I wanted to focus more on my training. It was a amazing for a few months, but then I decided one beer wouldn't be any harm. Next day it were two, and so on.. Now I'm pretty much back were I started.

This is unacceptable so I'm doing it again and for real this time, and prove my worth compared to most people who'll fail to do it. I've started myself on a 30-day no alcohol challenge (combined with a no coffee challenge) with the intent to make it permanently.

My advise from my experience: Quit all the way. Yes I know you think you can just have a good time and drink 2-3 beers and then stop. You will, and so will you next week. And the week after. But at SOME point you will fail as we all have a weakness and you will get wasted. So no excuses. Don't give alcohol the chance to exploit your weakness.

Good look everyone!

Good for you, and welcome!

It's an amazing feeling to set a goal and then see it through. That feeling of knowing that you can complete something makes you feel like there's nothing you can't do. I think a lot of people are used to failing and don't really understand what it feels like to win, I know I certainly was.

Keep at it man.
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/

"You have to stomp on the snakes head"

The stupidity of people comes from having an answer for everything. The wisdom comes from having a question for everything.

When the heart speaks, the mind finds it indecent to object.

burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Does everyone lift here? Man I used to look forward to hitting 7-11 for a 12 pack of blue moon, bud light, or stella. Now as soon as I get off of work i look forward to slamming some NO, BCAAs and smashing the weights. Its such an awesome feeling brahs. Its such a good high man.
    I am currently prepping for a Bodybuilding show, follow my journey :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163848201

feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500)
    I use to binge drink. It was fun when I did it but it would never end well. Hangover, throwing up, chills and not to be able to do anything for a few days. I haven't drank for 30 days now. I don't know if I will quit drinking for good but for now, I'm going to stay sober. It's easier to deal with stuff and I don't want to be one of those AA losers that always think about not drinking every second of the day.

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by burlyman619 View Post
    Does everyone lift here? Man I used to look forward to hitting 7-11 for a 12 pack of blue moon, bud light, or stella. Now as soon as I get off of work i look forward to slamming some NO, BCAAs and smashing the weights. Its such an awesome feeling brahs. Its such a good high man.
    Sadly, I don't work out as much as I should. I usually end up working out a couple times a week and make a damn excuse as to why I can't the other days. It's weird, because I used to have no problem working out, and had a problem with my diet. Now it's the reverse. But I'm setting some goals, and going to try harder to maintain accountability with myself. (It's kind of tough being accountable to yourself).

Originally Posted by feinburgrl View Post
    I use to binge drink. It was fun when I did it but it would never end well. Hangover, throwing up, chills and not to be able to do anything for a few days. I haven't drank for 30 days now. I don't know if I will quit drinking for good but for now, I'm going to stay sober. It's easier to deal with stuff and I don't want to be one of those AA losers that always think about not drinking every second of the day.
    Congrats on 30 days!
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JMath View Post
    Sadly, I don't work out as much as I should. I usually end up working out a couple times a week and make a damn excuse as to why I can't the other days. It's weird, because I used to have no problem working out, and had a problem with my diet. Now it's the reverse. But I'm setting some goals, and going to try harder to maintain accountability with myself. (It's kind of tough being accountable to yourself).

Congrats on 30 days!
    whether it be a training partner, a training log, these forums (online workout log) or other exterior motivators, you need to get your ass in gear man! lol Working out is another driving factor to my success of sobriety. I have so much more self-confidence, self-esteem and I generally walk taller since I gave up alcohol and started lifting. Once you get the first month down, it becomes a habit
    I am currently prepping for a Bodybuilding show, follow my journey :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163848201

TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does everyone lift here?
    No!

I was doing great for a while, I think I was able to get 335 for 2-3 reps! Then, somewhere along the line I took a week off, you know, to heal. That week turned into about...6 months? lol. Haven't been in the gym since.

I only admitt that here because I really am planning on getting my ass in gear. I moved and stuff within that last 6 months so I need to find a new gym too. I know, excuses excuses.

I miss the feeling of being sore.

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    whether it be a training partner, a training log, these forums (online workout log) or other exterior motivators, you need to get your ass in gear man! lol Working out is another driving factor to my success of sobriety. I have so much more self-confidence, self-esteem and I generally walk taller since I gave up alcohol and started lifting. Once you get the first month down, it becomes a habit
    Yeah, I've been planning on it. (I know... planning and doing are two different things) but I've had a nasty, what I think is a sinus infection for about a week now. Today was the first day in a while that's felt almost normal. I'm definitely going to be working out tomorrow though. I really have no excuse for not working out; I have my own olympic weights, bench, squat rack all in my apartment and then my apartment complex has all the cardio equipment I need. So there shouldn't have been any excuses, and at this point there won't be anymore excuses!

Originally Posted by TNetz View Post
    No!

I was doing great for a while, I think I was able to get 335 for 2-3 reps! Then, somewhere along the line I took a week off, you know, to heal. That week turned into about...6 months? lol. Haven't been in the gym since.

I only admitt that here because I really am planning on getting my ass in gear. I moved and stuff within that last 6 months so I need to find a new gym too. I know, excuses excuses.

I miss the feeling of being sore.
    Odd, we both quit drinking for good right around the same time and we are now both going to get our asses back in gear and make working out a regular occurrence at about the same time too....

Odd, we both quit drinking for good right around the same time and we are now both going to get our asses back in gear and make working out a regular occurrence at about the same time too....

Yes, but quitting drinking was easier than maintaining a gym routine . I very well could be talking out of my rear about going again lol. I guess I need to put working out back on the list of priorities. It needs to happen eventually.

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man... I havent seen my weight change in 3 weeks and its because of my weekend drinking. I really want to stop. Maybe Ill try to take a month off starting today. Ill post in! What the heck else in a small town on weekends though
    He learned no lessons
    He acknowledged no mistakes

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great thread, great job and awesome choice to all.

I actually drink very little now days but I used to drink a lot more.

I'm going to throw my hat in as well for not drinking again.

grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10) grunmn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dujin77 View Post

lol id like to get to a point where I'm drinking just as of now I think giving it up for a year or so wouldn't be a bad thing. haha 1 month down tomorrow.

and when i mean drinking I mean just having a couple cocktails or something. No more downing a 750 ml by myself

Originally Posted by Verbalcody View Post
    Man... I havent seen my weight change in 3 weeks and its because of my weekend drinking. I really want to stop. Maybe Ill try to take a month off starting today. Ill post in! What the heck else in a small town on weekends though
    That seems to be the problem that most people have... finding an activity that can be a substitute for the time they'd normally spend drinking. I'd say start doing some of the other things you do, only more often. So, if you go to the movies, go more often. Try picking up other hobbies while you're at it. If you have a girlfriend, let her know that you're wanting to cut back or quit. Then you two can spend more time doing stuff together that doesn't involve drinking. For some people, myself included, I didn't really change much about what I did. But from the sounds of things, I'm not the norm. I still went to the occasional party, went to bars or whatever, I just told people "nah, not drinking tonight. trying to behave myself".

Originally Posted by Dujin77 View Post

Thanks. Welcome aboard!

Originally Posted by grunmn View Post
    lol id like to get to a point where I'm drinking just as of now I think giving it up for a year or so wouldn't be a bad thing. haha 1 month down tomorrow.

and when i mean drinking I mean just having a couple cocktails or something. No more downing a 750 ml by myself
    I think if you get to the 1 year mark, you'll have such a sense of pride that when it comes time to drink you'll say to yourself "why bother? I've gone this long without drinking". You'll not even miss it. That's the point that I'm at. I'm sure I could drink one night and then stop indefinitely. But it's been 17 months now. Why ruin the good streak I'm on?

Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No girlfriend. I like girls. I only meet them when Im out drinking. No drinking = no meeting girls. No meeting girls = only my dog and my hand on weekends = boring as the weekdays.

Sigh.

TO WHAT END I ask you. TO WHAT END?!
    He learned no lessons

0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 0xyg3n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You get a fix in AA meetings much similar to the social exchange of being involved in church groups. Basically, you are turning your fix onto something else. I think going to the gym a couple times during the week and maybe during a sat or sun helps to keep on track of things. A lot of people can just work out during the week and get pretty blitzed during the weekend.

But, most people get their social needs at work. Quiting must come from yourself if you expect AA meetings to be successful.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No girlfriend. I like girls. I only meet them when Im out drinking. No drinking = no meeting girls. No meeting girls = only my dog and my hand on weekends = boring as the weekdays.

Sigh.

You can't meet girls when out doing things other than drinking? What kind of pittiful self limitation is that? Get creative. A dog is a good way in! Take that hound to a place where women walk their dogs or let them play. I mean, that's one no-brainer! I could fill another 15 volumes if you give me time.

My point: you don't need booze to meet women! I know you're better than that dude. If you do have a drinking problem, one thing I promise you is that today is the easiest it will ever be to stop.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

you.... arent from small town ontario.

But I will try!
    He learned no lessons

Sigh.

I talk to more girls when I go out now that I DON'T drink than I did when I was drinking.
    What I do: Go up to the bar right next to a chick, order a coke/lemonade or something, and the girl will say "not drinking tonight?" (or something similar), to which I respond "nah, trying to be on my best behavior tonight.", she laughs, I'm in! I would tell girls that I wasn't drinking, or that I don't drink and it almost became their mission to get me to take a shot with them. Meanwhile, a ton of flirting goes on. It's just a matter of being comfortable. I used to think I needed a little bit of alcohol in me to have the balls to talk to random girls, but finally I just forced myself to do it more and more. Now, I don't need alcohol at all. Hell, I use my lack of alcohol to my advantage. I use the above strategy, and when I get a number from a girl, if she knows I don't drink I'll text her and say "why don't we meet up and get some drinks... rum and cokes?" She says "thought you didn't drink." and I say "I don't! Rum for you and Cokes for me!".

I guess I wouldn't recommend doing all of that if you don't think you can go to a bar an not drink though. If you don't think you can go to a bar and just drink water/lemonade/coke all night, than I'd obviously say avoid the bar scene until you can or indefinitely. But not drinking, makes you different than all of the drunken fools at a bar. Use it to your advantage.

Now THATS motivating. I DO feel I only really approach random girls with liqour in me. Maybe I'll be more smooth without it hahaha

Good man. Ill try that this weekend.
    He learned no lessons

Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darks006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I talk to more girls when I go out now that I DON'T drink than I did when I was drinking.
    What I do: Go up to the bar right next to a chick, order a coke/lemonade or something, and the girl will say "not drinking tonight?" (or something similar), to which I respond "nah, trying to be on my best behavior tonight.", she laughs, I'm in! I would tell girls that I wasn't drinking, or that I don't drink and it almost became their mission to get me to take a shot with them. Meanwhile, a ton of flirting goes on. It's just a matter of being comfortable. I used to think I needed a little bit of alcohol in me to have the balls to talk to random girls, but finally I just forced myself to do it more and more. Now, I don't need alcohol at all. Hell, I use my lack of alcohol to my advantage. I use the above strategy, and when I get a number from a girl, if she knows I don't drink I'll text her and say "why don't we meet up and get some drinks... rum and cokes?" She says "thought you didn't drink." and I say "I don't! Rum for you and Cokes for me!".

I guess I wouldn't recommend doing all of that if you don't think you can go to a bar an not drink though. If you don't think you can go to a bar and just drink water/lemonade/coke all night, than I'd obviously say avoid the bar scene until you can or indefinitely. But not drinking, makes you different than all of the drunken fools at a bar. Use it to your advantage.
    From my personal experience, women are a lot more interested in me when I'm going out sober than when I was in my wasted era. Which woman could resist a self-confident man who doesn't need 10 beers just to say hello? Become part of the rare kind

From my personal experience, women are a lot more interested in me when I'm going out sober than when I was in my wasted era. Which woman could resist a self-confident man who doesn't need 10 beers just to say hello? Become part of the rare kind
    You got that right. I always got too drunk to talk to women.

JMath, I agree 100%. I can't count how many times the topic of not drinking has come up and led to conversations. It's an amzing conversation starter. Everybody knows an alcoholic or has one in the family so these chicks get it. They also like responsible guys, the good one's do anyway.

naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naomitiffany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Win.

alicia88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicia88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicia88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alicia88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats to all of you! I have recently decided to stop drinking and have never felt better

Burlyman, you'll be pleased to know that despite my sinuses still being messed up, I stuck to my word and made my workout. It was a damn good one too. Now I just need to stay motivated for legs tomorrow.... legs day is the hardest to get motivated for. lol.

Originally Posted by alicia88 View Post
    Congrats to all of you! I have recently decided to stop drinking and have never felt better
    Good for you! It feels better and better the longer you go.

(kinda sounds perverted... lol. not meant to be)

Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My dad recently stopped drinking (2 years and counting) after he slipped into bad alcoholism for about 10 years once his father passed away. Well as a family we finally got some balls and suggested him to stop drinking and he quit cold turkey that day....

It's a shame that all he needed was us to even suggest that he quit and he was able to! Makes you think about all the people out there who just need 1 person to give a **** for them to change their life.

Oh and I recommend piracetam, it can really help with alcoholism. I forget where but I saw it as a treatment and has worked great for my dad when he first quit. Also it's cheap, easy to get and best of all makes your brain work a little better.
    working on it

2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2S1D3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is a good thread, surprising to see so many people my age against drinking. I remember when I used to drink quite a bit, as in 4-5 drinks every two weeks during my first year at University, I used to enjoy having fun but it felt artificial.
    I stopped drinking that much for about 6 months, just drinking couple of beers every month or two and then had a huge night of binge drinking. I truly hated that feeling because I was doing something I didn't enjoy and as well as having a massive hangover for a couple of days. That made me have more control though, and I have only drank about 7 drinks since then, which happened around a year ago. To make it even better I haven't touched a drink since October of last year and I feel so much more confident when I go to parties, having that self control of not touching a drink and still being able to talk to women.