T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Squats before Breakfast?

Was reading the Captains of Crush handbook and it mentioned doing a 30 rep heavy set of squats before breakfast to illicit the greatest testosterone response. Anyone ever heard of this?
    This list dedicated to itzDodge

Supplements that worked - Ultima, BioForge, Dermacrine, Jack3d, Slin-Sane, AndroHard V1+V2, Alpha-T2, Erase, AnaBeta, Con-Cret
    Supplements that didn't do **** - Mitotropin, GHenerate, I-GH-1, Glycobol, M-Stak, Lean Xtreme, AndroLean
    I'm done with bull**** supplements.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by T50 View Post
    Was reading the Captains of Crush handbook and it mentioned doing a 30 rep heavy set of squats before breakfast to illicit the greatest testosterone response. Anyone ever heard of this?
    There is probably little merit to that.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The reasoning in the book was that no food/nutrients and the sustained set causes your body to think you're in an emergency and in danger and that it produces the most amount or hormones to get you out of danger.

Supplements that worked - Ultima, BioForge, Dermacrine, Jack3d, Slin-Sane, AndroHard V1+V2, Alpha-T2, Erase, AnaBeta, Con-Cret
    Supplements that didn't do **** - Mitotropin, GHenerate, I-GH-1, Glycobol, M-Stak, Lean Xtreme, AndroLean

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I find it difficult to do any heavy lifting when I'm starving.

CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is what I do too...sometimes twice a week depending on work schedule and what I have planned in my free time.

Of course, I'm a second shifter (3pm-11pm...sometimes till 330am.) I workout in the mornings anyway and do all of my workout routines on an empty stomach...works for me. I'll sometimes bring a small snack on days I plan on being in the gym up to two hours.

Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drek is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I squat before breakfast just so I dont spew my guts everywhere.

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    30 rep heavy set of squats right after waking up?

Sounds safe.
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    heavy is relative, is it not?

i've been doing 4 sets of 15-20, before breakfast. i've found that i've been hungry all day, with increased metabolism. feed the beast, and you'll grow.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Who wrote that article? Did the author do 30 heavy rep squats before breakfast?

Thox,
    S

Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All good if you have a squat rack lying around at home - but totally impractical for most.

It does seem to make sense and yes the author said he would do these before breakfast and he noticed better results. You think it would be possible to integrete doing these in a Madcow's 5x5 routine? The fitness center at my school is a 2 min walk from my apartment so I can easily do these in the morning then go eat a 800 calorie breakfast

Here's parts of the passage from the book "Captains of Crush Grippers: What They Are and How to Close Them" about squats before breakfast.

"If you've got the guts to do this, you'll be able to increase testosterone production starting tomorrow. Here's what to do: we're going to put the body into a state of emergency. Tomorrow morning, BEFORE breakfast, you will do squats. They can be done after you've charged up on coffee since it has no nutrional value, but don't eat ANYTHING: no orange juice either, no nutrients of any kind, got it? You need to go out there on zero nutrients to force the body to produce. If your body does not sense an emergency, there's no way it'll turn loose the hormones.
    You'll be fine. Get out there and do a real sqaut workout - it won't feel good, but you'll live through it. Your body will produce the most testosterone it possibly can under these conditions. Make sure you use real weight in this workout. Your body will sense an emergency and produce whatever amount of hormones it thinks will be required to get out of this thing alive."

"I like to do one long set of 20 to 30 heavies - yeah, that'll get things working."

"I would do the first few squats slowly and build up to squats that would bounce the bar off my back."

"Do it right, first thing in the morning. That way, you'll get the added bonus of daily doses of test, with free home delivery."

jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's parts of the passage from the book "Captains of Crush Grippers: What They Are and How to Close Them" about squats before breakfast.

"If you've got the guts to do this, you'll be able to increase testosterone production starting tomorrow. Here's what to do: we're going to put the body into a state of emergency. Tomorrow morning, BEFORE breakfast, you will do squats. They can be done after you've charged up on coffee since it has no nutrional value, but don't eat ANYTHING: no orange juice either, no nutrients of any kind, got it? You need to go out there on zero nutrients to force the body to produce. If your body does not sense an emergency, there's no way it'll turn loose the hormones.
    You'll be fine. Get out there and do a real sqaut workout - it won't feel good, but you'll live through it. Your body will produce the most testosterone it possibly can under these conditions. Make sure you use real weight in this workout. Your body will sense an emergency and produce whatever amount of hormones it thinks will be required to get out of this thing alive."

"I like to do one long set of 20 to 30 heavies - yeah, that'll get things working."

"I would do the first few squats slowly and build up to squats that would bounce the bar off my back."

"Do it right, first thing in the morning. That way, you'll get the added bonus of daily doses of test, with free home delivery."
    the guy is nuts
    Squat - 180 lb - 3x5

Deadlift - 225 lb - 5 reps

Bench - 127.5 lb 3x5

Overhead Press - 95 lb - 3x5

Powerclean - 117.5 - 5x3

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No.

Even if it did the difference would be so minamil you would not notice any noticable difference what so ever.

agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agurkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, my wife is a scientist and she has PhD in the areas of estrogen and testosterone. When I shared that "advice" with her, she rolled her eyes so far she could see the color of her brain. Total BS.

Unfortunately, the only thing this routine will get you is higher insulin spike with more fat storage, and very likely some nice tendinitis or other injury.

Personally, my leg day is always on the weekend, so I have an afternoon to warm up properly, my system is full of nutrients. Last thing I need is more injuries.

P.S. Might be I am "aging", but the more books I read on bodybuilding, the less advice I take from them. Some of the recent ones I have read, I had to just return back to the library 3 chapters in... some authors need to take class is anatomy.
    At the end of the day, you have to be in tune with your body, try to mix things up and see how you react.
    Last edited by agurkas; 08-15-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herballistic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bump

Originally Posted by agurkas View Post
    Well, my wife is a scientist and she has PhD in the areas of estrogen and testosterone. When I shared that "advice" with her, she rolled her eyes so far she could see the color of her brain. Total BS.

Unfortunately, the only thing this routine will get you is higher insulin spike with more fat storage, and very likely some nice tendinitis or other injury.

Personally, my leg day is always on the weekend, so I have an afternoon to warm up properly, my system is full of nutrients. Last thing I need is more injuries.

P.S. Might be I am "aging", but the more books I read on bodybuilding, the less advice I take from them. Some of the recent ones I have read, I had to just return back to the library 3 chapters in... some authors need to take class is anatomy.
    At the end of the day, you have to be in tune with your body, try to mix things up and see how you react.
    I know this is an old thread, but I just come across it and it made me laugh. Your wife is a scientist and she thinks this is bull****? Haha, that is hilarious - tell her that all her studying has been ill-received.

How on earth will squatting release insulin and cause fat gain? I have never heard such a ridiculous statement. I just realised that my lager isn't making me fat, it's my morning squats doing it. *slaps head*.

I hope the people on this thread now realise how effective this type of training is, I imagine they have changed their mind by now... at least I am hoping they have.
    Where there's a will, there's a whey.

jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Herballistic View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I just come across it and it made me laugh. Your wife is a scientist and she thinks this is bull****? Haha, that is hilarious - tell her that all her studying has been ill-received.

How on earth will squatting release insulin and cause fat gain? I have never heard such a ridiculous statement. I just realised that my lager isn't making me fat, it's my morning squats doing it. *slaps head*.

I hope the people on this thread now realise how effective this type of training is, I imagine they have changed their mind by now... at least I am hoping they have.
    He has 42 posts and a join date of 2009... do you honestly think he will see this?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wink

Originally Posted by jolanar1 View Post
    He has 42 posts and a join date of 2009... do you honestly think he will see this?
    I'm sure several other people will.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow ... about Joe Kinney

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Who wrote that article? Did the author do 30 heavy rep squats before breakfast?
    The guy who wrote the section of the book is Joe Kinney, the 1st guy in the world to close the IronMind #4 gripper.

I think what he's talking about is the release of your reserve supply of testosterone. This is especially good news for older guys, like myself, who need that extra boost of test. He is talking about getting that reserve of test through doing heavy back squats before breakfast, and this is nothing new, I've heard about it before.

Joe Kinney helped me a lot when I was trying to close the #3 gripper and I was stuck. I called him up one day several years ago and we spoke for about two hours on the phone and the guy was awe inspiring to me; I learned so much in just talking to him about training, life and other stuff. I bought his grip machine and it propelled me from coming close on the #3 to absolutely dominating the gripper. He's the kind of guy who "thinks outside the box" when it comes to grip training and specifically grip strength. He closed the #4 at a time when a lot of people thought it would be impossible; he not only showed everyone that it was possible, BUT how he did it.

As with any training exercise theory, you can take it for what it's worth. Do heavy squats work? They sure do.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by john hicks View Post
    i think what he's talking about is the release of your reserve supply of testosterone. This is especially good news for older guys, like myself, who need that extra boost of test. He is talking about getting that reserve of test through doing heavy back squats before breakfast, and this is nothing new, i've heard about it before.

lol.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733