GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Getting Stronger but not Bigger ??

I have been working out for awhile now and I'm definitely getting stronger but my arms don't seem to be getting any bigger. My legs and my back seem to be showing the workouts more. Is there something I should do different?? I'm not looking to get huge but I would like to get a little bigger. I do lower reps with heavier weight. Should I take a supplement ??Any suggestions.

Right now I take a multi-vitamin w/ a little extra Vitamin C. I also take in between 150 to 190 grams of protein a day.

Mondays=Arms,chest,upper back,shoulders--end with 20min of cardio
    Tuesday=Complete Core workout--end with 20min of cardio
    Wednesday=Just Cardio
    Thursday=Play in Softball League, No gym/ If rained out Ill do Mondays workout again
    Friday=Legs,Lower body--end with 10min cardio

Any insight would be great! Thanks!!

Registered User HercRockefeller's Avatar
    HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat more.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HercRockefeller View Post
    Eat more.
    what he said. You can lift all you want and get stronger, but if you're not eating enough, you're not gonna get bigger. Your diet need to progress just like your weights.

Registered User HercRockefeller's Avatar
    HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50) HercRockefeller will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could also try to break tour routine into three days lifting, you go a lot going on there on Monday. May also want to try lower weight and higher reps. But like I said before, eat more. If you aren't gaining mass, that is the most important thing.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I would agree that #1 you should look into eating more. You do a decent amount of cardio and also play sports, which can inhibit size gains. You could try backing off on your cardio sessions for a week or two and see if that helps.

It's all a balancing game, so you're going to have to experiment.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Trumetal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go higher reps. the 8-12 rep range is for muscle hypertrophy. 1-5 for strength and 1-3 for power.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Trumetal View Post
    Go higher reps. the 8-12 rep range is for muscle hypertrophy. 1-5 for strength and 1-3 for power.
    Ummm don't you mean 6-8 for power because 1-3 is for strength in your statement.

southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10) southernstang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GOGOGTO View Post
    I have been working out for awhile now and I'm definitely getting stronger but my arms don't seem to be getting any bigger. My legs and my back seem to be showing the workouts more. Is there something I should do different?? I'm not looking to get huge but I would like to get a little bigger. I do lower reps with heavier weight. Should I take a supplement ??Any suggestions.

Right now I take a multi-vitamin w/ a little extra Vitamin C. I also take in between 150 to 190 grams of protein a day.

Wednesday=Just Cardio
    Thursday=Play in Softball League, No gym/ If rained out Ill do Mondays workout again

From what I get from your post is you want more in your arms, they don't have to be 20'' arms, just bigger and better looking. IMO you need to make sure you are doing at full ROM and lift slow and hard. What I mean is 2 sec up , at the top 3sec hold and squeeze your muslce like you are flexing in the mirror, 2sec down. On the way down dont release your muslce. keep the tension in the muslce. On every lift squeeze the muslce harder and harder at the top. You will fail sooner due to the blood that has been forced in your muslce. You're body is crazy smart and will only give you want it feels you need, if you are lifting with a 1 sec hold your muscle knows it only needs that 1sec pause to handle what you are doing, by holding that 3sec pause you muslce/body knows it need to hold the weight longer and will build it self to handle the weight. BUT do not start holding the weight longer than the 3sec, once you start to hold for 5sec plus you muscle start to shut down before you have gotten thru your work out... ALSO hit your tri's hard , the tri makes your arms big.. you want big arms your tri's are a must have and show more than your bie's ever will... IMO.
    " What does not kill you will only make you stronger! "

GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GOGOGTO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by southernstang View Post
    From what I get from your post is you want more in your arms, they don't have to be 20'' arms, just bigger and better looking. IMO you need to make sure you are doing at full ROM and lift slow and hard. What I mean is 2 sec up , at the top 3sec hold and squeeze your muslce like you are flexing in the mirror, 2sec down. On the way down dont release your muslce. keep the tension in the muslce. On every lift squeeze the muslce harder and harder at the top. You will fail sooner due to the blood that has been forced in your muslce. You're body is crazy smart and will only give you want it feels you need, if you are lifting with a 1 sec hold your muscle knows it only needs that 1sec pause to handle what you are doing, by holding that 3sec pause you muslce/body knows it need to hold the weight longer and will build it self to handle the weight. BUT do not start holding the weight longer than the 3sec, once you start to hold for 5sec plus you muscle start to shut down before you have gotten thru your work out... ALSO hit your tri's hard , the tri makes your arms big.. you want big arms your tri's are a must have and show more than your bie's ever will... IMO.
    Thanks for the info. Ill try that next workout day. You are right as for what Im looking for. If I could get my arms to look all the time like they do when arm pump is in that would be great. I work my triceps alot. seem to be alot stronger than my biceps.

redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GOGOGTO View Post

Wednesday=Just Cardio

It's been said that to increase arms by 1", you need to put on about 10 lbs of bodyweight (i.e. muscle). Just keep at it, and you'll see gains.

Might be a good idea to keep track of your muscle measurements. Progress may be slow and steady, but there will surely be a monthly difference.

allnatural101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allnatural101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allnatural101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allnatural101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allnatural101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allnatural101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just do what everyone is saying... keep working at it and up your reps... 8-12 reps can get you there and you have to find out what will work for your body...

Thanks everyone for the advise!!