I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting down to 8% body fat

I'm 5'6, ~ 160 lbs. and some where between 12-14% body fat.

I'm estimating that my LBM (lean body mass) is 140 lbs.

I'd like to cut down to 150-152 lbs.

I'd like to start my cut in a week so I was wondering what you guys think I should do. Right now I'm eating whatever so obviously I have a lot of work to do. I eat a lot of rice (all the dishes my parents make include rice). I'm guessing I have a total of 6-10 cups a day. I'm thinking of cutting down my rice intake to 3 cups a day maximum. I will also do my best to cut out any sugars out of my diet. I will try to make sure that most of my carbohydrate sources are complex. I will also try to take in at least 140 grams of protein.

At the moment the only cardio I do is from basketball. I was thinking that I would do cardio 3 days per week. 1/3 days I will run around 3 miles at a slower pace and 2/3 days I will do HIIT.

Do you guys think that this is a good way to do it? I think that my body type will allow me to become without too much difficulty if I do what I said I would do but I'm not a total expert so what do you guys think? thanks
    Last edited by I.A.K.; 08-13-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Codo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It sounds like you have it under control. the best thing you can do if you want to lose fat is to just start cutting out some of the food you are eating and start doing some cardio.
    Neg "Neat" posts on sight. *******s.

hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiddindragon08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First do you know what your daily caloric intake is for maintenance is? If you're eating like 2,500 calories to bulk and maint. is 2,000 then a slow cut would put you at like 1700calories a day and you'll lose little over 1pound of fat a week and keep quite a bit of muscle.

I'm doing about 1600calories a day and losing around pound and half a week so things are going pretty well. Cutting is simple, take in less calories than your body needs to keep at your current weight and you'll lose weight. 2000 calories in a pound of fat.

Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000) Flexxo is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're 16 years old and want to skimp cals/cut? You're a growing boy! Eat your wheaties man! Appreciate family cooking! I wish I could go back to living at home and eating whatever my parents cooked, haha.

Combine both cardio and resistance training. I personally really enjoyed 3 days full body circuit training, 2 days HIIT (Hill sprints/jump rope intervals in between circuit days) and 1 day of nice steady state back when I was getting cut.

Honestly, Lift weights, run around a bit, and enjoy your youth. Cut back on all the rice and sweets, eat more whole fruits and veggies.

the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000)
    NO NO NO no, there should be a ban on people younger than 21 cutting for real.

OP, you are young, you do not need to cut, your testosterone levels are higher then they will ever be right now and there is no reason to not utilize that. At your age eat tons of food and a variety of it and lift like theres no tomorrow pack some solid muscle on and youll be happy trust me.

Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pump_30 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    use this as a guide for your goals......

http://www.sheerbalance.com/fitness-...ge-calculator/

Originally Posted by I.A.K. View Post
    I'm 5'6, ~ 160 lbs. and some where between 12-14% body fat.

I'm estimating that my LBM (lean body mass) is 140 lbs.

I'd like to cut down to 150-152 lbs.

I'd like to start my cut in a week so I was wondering what you guys think I should do. Right now I'm eating whatever so obviously I have a lot of work to do. I eat a lot of rice (all the dishes my parents make include rice). I'm guessing I have a total of 6-10 cups a day. I'm thinking of cutting down my rice intake to 3 cups a day maximum. I will also do my best to cut out any sugars out of my diet. I will try to make sure that most of my carbohydrate sources are complex. I will also try to take in at least 140 grams of protein.

At the moment the only cardio I do is from basketball. I was thinking that I would do cardio 3 days per week. 1/3 days I will run around 3 miles at a slower pace and 2/3 days I will do HIIT.

Do you guys think that this is a good way to do it? I think that my body type will allow me to become without too much difficulty if I do what I said I would do but I'm not a total expert so what do you guys think? thanks

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like you got your course set well, but as far as lean body mass, I think you forgot those massive white rocks in your body called bones
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.A.K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't your testosterone levels peak when you are in your early 20's? When I say I'm going to cut it doesn't mean I'm going to stop building muscle or anything lol I just would like to become leaner again before I decide to bulk up once again.

Lol you guys should see what the wrestlers at my school do to make weight... I definitely won't be doing any of that.