Withers05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Plateau need help

okay basically ive been trying to get down to 9 or 10% body fat for about 3 months.

started out around 200 at 16-17%
    Right now im stuck between 11-13% at 180

been doing cardio for the past month 4-7 days per week a mix of high and low intensity.

Been trying a bunch of different diets out.

right now my diet looks like this

meal 1: whey protein shake, 2 eggs, 1 tb nat pb
    meal 2: handful of almonds, whey protein shake
    meal 3: chicken breast, green veggies
    meal 4: can of tuna, green veggies
    meal 5: chicken breast, green veggies
    post workout: whey protein, dextrose
    before bed: 1 tb nat pb

any advice would be awsome really want to get to atleast 10% before i start another bulk.

uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Withers05 View Post
    okay basically ive been trying to get down to 9 or 10% body fat for about 3 months.

started out around 200 at 16-17%
    Right now im stuck between 11-13% at 180

been doing cardio for the past month 4-7 days per week a mix of high and low intensity.

Been trying a bunch of different diets out.

right now my diet looks like this

meal 1: whey protein shake, 2 eggs, 1 tb nat pb
    meal 2: handful of almonds, whey protein shake
    meal 3: chicken breast, green veggies
    meal 4: can of tuna, green veggies
    meal 5: chicken breast, green veggies
    post workout: whey protein, dextrose
    before bed: 1 tb nat pb

any advice would be awsome really want to get to atleast 10% before i start another bulk.
    Well you say you have 'been trying a few different diets out.' How long have you been eating according to the diet above? Also you mention cardio but is there any weight training happening at all?

Personally I would say, based off of the above info, that you haven't been on steady diet long enough to actually say its your diet that needs work. I think this diet looks good. You might want to drop a little bit of the fats but thats all (my opinion). Though you may want to throw in some heavey weight training to boost the fat loss.

Or simply you may just have to slightly lower the cals to accomodate for your current body comp. - try it for a week and see what happens.

mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First question is how long have you been stuck for? Weight loss is not a linear process and at least for me I noticed many times where I would stall for 2, sometimes even 3 weeks, then suddeny lose a lot of weight at once without changing anything.

Second question is how many calories are your eating? The diet looks fine, but you didn't provide portion sizes. In the end if you are truly stalling you most likely will have to eat less or exercise more (though it seems like you have plenty of cardio so maybe up the intensity if you can).

Last of all, are you lifting? It's key to have 2-3 days of weight training a week to maintain muscle mass while cutting.

EDIT: I just took another look at your diet and though this wouldn't matter much for your question it does seem to have too much protein and not enough fat/carbs. My guess is your doing low carb, but then you need to significantly update your fat. You shouldnt be trying to use protein as an energy source (instead just try to get 1g/lb of body weight - in your case around 150-200g of protein).
    Last edited by mcFreid; 08-13-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Withers05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes been lifting 5-6 days a week and ive been doing that diet for 4 weeks now
    the calories are probley in the range of 1700-1900

what should i add in and take out to get my diet more balanced
    Last edited by Withers05; 08-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.

mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcFreid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say those calories are fairly low. But from the words "probably" my guess is your estimating. And even if you weren't the simple fact remains that to continue to lose weight you will have to decrease calories or increase exercise. Make one of those changes, give it 2 weeks, measure the results, and see where to go from there. At no point though should you begin to significantly lose strength with your lifts. If that happens increase the calories back to where they were and reasses.

For now don't change up your diet as far as what foods your eating. It'll just confuse the process as you decrease calories.
    Last edited by mcFreid; 08-13-2009 at 01:15 PM.