Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squatting 6 months post ACl surgery

I have been squatting lately and I was told not to squat parallel by my surgeon. He even said to half squat. I started off pretty light and have been doing 185X12, 205X10, 225X8, 245X4. I have been stuck with that for a month now. Any thing I should change, as of now I go pretty close to parallel, but I avoid going parallel since I dont wanna put my knee in a bad place. Also should i lunge with DB or BB? or switch?

XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wizzly View Post
    I have been squatting lately and I was told not to squat parallel by my surgeon. He even said to half squat. I started off pretty light and have been doing 185X12, 205X10, 225X8, 245X4. I have been stuck with that for a month now. Any thing I should change, as of now I go pretty close to parallel, but I avoid going parallel since I dont wanna put my knee in a bad place. Also should i lunge with DB or BB? or switch?
    In all honesty that doesn't seem logical.
    Post-opp after i had my ACL done I worked on developing the fullest degree of bend by the knee. Limiting the ROM of a squat doesn't seem logical. That new ACL is anchorge into the bone with 2 or more bone anchors/screws, its NOT going to go anywhere.

if you can handle it i would definately start to squat to parallel. it took me almost a year to regain the strenght i lost in my quad do to the severity of the damage.

If you need to talk about it go ahead and PM me. I've been in your shoes before.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AbdulMuscle View Post
    It is very important that they do not continue him the end to hurt. They must understand that you must be done in the danger, the end to happen the false things, if you were against already to the damage. Correctly? If doctor admits correctly to him, of the preoccupation not to be parallel to bend, he does not do this!
    My left eye is paralyzed from reading that. Wut?!
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The my office did not have the zero to do with its eye. It informed to the creator, the end to follow the instruction of his doctor.
    The my eye has exploded my brain too.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    The my office did not have the zero to do with its eye. It informed to the creator, the end to follow the instruction of his doctor.
    Ahh... it all makes perfect sense now.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.