robert115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face seated military press question?

wanna spice up my shoulder day as i always do seated dumbells 1st.

wanna do barbell version, but week a bit ago i was doing clean and presses for shoulders and my shoulders are bit sore but getting better rested for few days.

haven done barbell seated in long time and wondering do u lower bar down to upper chest (saw on video) or jus lower to nose chin level?
    which variation works best for ye??

does lowering pass chin kills joints in shoulders as i dont wann f***! up them

thanks all!

subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lower to your chest. Full ROM.

robert115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by subpolarbear View Post
    Lower to your chest. Full ROM.
    lowering to chest be bad for ur shoulders in ur opioion??

ever have problems!!

oh better have seated an slight incline or fully upright??

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by robert115 View Post
    does lowering pass chin kills joints in shoulders as i dont wann f***! up them
    For me, who is dealing with an injury history (as well as other people), it sure does. I stop at chin level. I would go low enough to at least where your arms are past parallel to the ground, but if you experience pain going any further then don't. Honestly I don't find that extra bit of ROM going to upper chest is really worth it. Just whatever you do, don't be one of those guys who piles on the weight and then only lowers to the top of his head or something lame like that,
    Return of the Mack?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While doing them seated, I lower till chin level, just like Blunt does.

While doing them standing, I do them the way Mark Rippetoe teaches them - lower till chest, use a little hips while lifting and then get under the bar and shrug.

_ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _ChrisL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ever have problems!!

I always lowered to my chest and experienced no problems. But if you experience discomfort, lowering the bar to your chin should be good enough.

subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

ever have problems!!

Never had any issues myself. If I only go to my chin I feel more tension in my shoulders and it does not feel right. You will have to be the judge of what works for you. Full ROM will give you better results, however if you experience discomfort with it then do not do it.

ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have a bad shoulder so i stop just past 90 degrees and i keep my elbows out front with a pretty narrow grip, works the triceps alot that way but i find its easier on the shoulders
    biggest thing though i would say is getting someone to lift off the bar for you, that part absolutely destroys my bad shoulder if i do it alone

if your shoulders are fine though i wouldnt worry too much about this stuff though
    just make sure your form is good, to do some rc work sometimes and keep up your shoulder mobility/flexibility