DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pasta and rice HELP NEEDED

right this is about pasta and rice but ill just ask for pasta as the answer will be the same

on the packet it says nutrition values for 100g uncooked pasta (now obviously you cant eat it like this) as 156cal 31carb 5 pro 3fat

so i empty in 250grams so i get around 70 - 80 grams of carbs but then when its cooked and i weighed it it was over a kilo worth of pasta there because it had been cooked and when i weighed out 250grams (the amount i had originally put in uncooked) it was like 3 scoops with around another 6 scoops still left in the pan

so the question is is the nutritional info needing to be done according to the weight of the pasta cooked because if it is then my macros are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off as ive been basing it on the uncooked values it says on the packet ?

xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500)
    FitDay. Measure the dry ingredients beforehand, then cook.

DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVe-M will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes thats what i did do

i measured out 250grams uncooked BUT when cooked the pasta weighed over a kilo

what i want to know is do i keep the same nutritional values originally or do they go up because the pastas cooked weight has gone up

xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DaVe-M View Post
    yes thats what i did do

i measured out 250grams uncooked BUT when cooked the pasta weighed over a kilo

what i want to know is do i keep the same nutritional values originally or do they go up because the pastas cooked weight has gone up
    What do the nutrition facts say on the container?
    Would it be something along the lines of:

"Serv. Size, XXg uncooked/XX cups"?

If so, then the final weight is not important because you already know the amount you used beforehand.
    100g dry pasta = 100g pasta cooked with 4oz water.

RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    right this is about pasta and rice but ill just ask for pasta as the answer will be the same

on the packet it says nutrition values for 100g uncooked pasta (now obviously you cant eat it like this) as 156cal 31carb 5 pro 3fat

so i empty in 250grams so i get around 70 - 80 grams of carbs but then when its cooked and i weighed it it was over a kilo worth of pasta there because it had been cooked and when i weighed out 250grams (the amount i had originally put in uncooked) it was like 3 scoops with around another 6 scoops still left in the pan

so the question is is the nutritional info needing to be done according to the weight of the pasta cooked because if it is then my macros are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off as ive been basing it on the uncooked values it says on the packet ?
    They are giving you the dry weight.

They don't give you nutritional info for the cooked weight as with all the water sucked up etc. there is no possible way to acurately account for all the variables.
    I OWE: JohnnyChristian
    negs:
    OWES ME:

yes but what im saying is

the amount of pasta i originally cooked comes out when cooked at around 6x the weight i originally put in

so is the nutritional values needed to be applied for the cooked weight or does it stay the same
    eg:

250g uncooked = 150kal 31carb 5protein 3fat

250g cooked = 1000g weight now so seems tho im actually eating 1000g of pasta and not 250g uncooked pasta do i need to x250 by 4 to get the nutritional values for this 1000g cooked pasta im eating even though it is only 250g uncooked ???

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yes but what im saying is

the amount of pasta i originally cooked comes out when cooked at around 6x the weight i originally put in

so is the nutritional values needed to be applied for the cooked weight or does it stay the same
    eg:

250g uncooked = 150kal 31carb 5protein 3fat

250g cooked = 1000g weight now so seems tho im actually eating 1000g of pasta and not 250g uncooked pasta do i need to x250 by 4 to get the nutritional values for this 1000g cooked pasta im eating even though it is only 250g uncooked ???
    So - that 1000g pasta has the SAME macro's as the 250g UNCOOKED pasta (it is the same amount, just with 'water' added which has increased volume - but the water isn't going to add calories).

Thus - all devisions will be similar too
    250g UNCOOKED = 1000g COOKED
    125g UNCOOKED (250/2) = 500g COOKED (1000/2)
    62.5g UNCOOKED (250/4) = 250g COOKED (1000/4)

And you can calculate the calories the same way:
    62.5g UNCOOKED = 250g UNCOOKED macro/ calories divided by 4 = 250g COOKED weight macro's

So - of you want to know what you are eating - take the TOTALS of UNCOOKED and apply it to the COOKED equivalent.

[ps = that is some odd pasta - most pasta UNCOOKED has ~ 300-340 cals and 65-75g of CARBS / 8-12g PROTEIN per 100g UNCOOKED... you might want to check that. ]

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    So - that 1000g pasta has the SAME macro's as the 250g UNCOOKED pasta (it is the same amount, just with 'water' added which has increased volume - but the water isn't going to add calories).

Thus - all devisions will be similar too
    250g UNCOOKED = 1000g COOKED
    125g UNCOOKED (250/2) = 500g COOKED (1000/2)
    62.5g UNCOOKED (250/4) = 250g COOKED (1000/4)

And you can calculate the calories the same way:
    62.5g UNCOOKED = 250g UNCOOKED macro/ calories divided by 4 = 250g COOKED weight macro's

So - of you want to know what you are eating - take the TOTALS of UNCOOKED and apply it to the COOKED equivalent.

[ps = that is some odd pasta - most pasta UNCOOKED has ~ 300-340 cals and 65-75g of CARBS / 8-12g PROTEIN per 100g UNCOOKED... you might want to check that. ]
    EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT

very very sly that because you cook 250g of pasta thinking ooo im only having 100 carbs and 400 calories

BUT when its cooked its turns out your actually having 500 carbs and 2000 calories

insane differnce

bump for everyone else being fooled by pasta lol

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    bump for everyone else being fooled by pasta lol
    I don't think anyone else is 'fooled'.
    And based on what you wrote above I am still not entirely sure you understand the situation.
    www.nutritiondata.com <= click and do some searching...

RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT

very very sly that because you cook 250g of pasta thinking ooo im only having 100 carbs and 400 calories

BUT when its cooked its turns out your actually having 500 carbs and 2000 calories

insane differnce
    LMAO waaaat?

That is the opposite of what you have been told by Emma and everyone here.

Your pasta calories are based on DRY.
    When you cook it, it weighs more because it sucks up WATER.
    There are ZERO calories in WATER.
    The pasta weighs more because of the WATER, but ti doesn't magically get more calories, where would they come from, thin air?

It doesn't matter whether your pasta weighs 1000g's, or 1million grams after you cook it, the nutritional info is still the same as when it was dry.

/thread
    /life

EDIT: Are you seriously 20????
    negs:
    OWES ME:

Originally Posted by RuckstaR View Post
    LMAO waaaat?

That is the opposite of what you have been told by Emma and everyone here.

Your pasta calories are based on DRY.
    When you cook it, it weighs more because it sucks up WATER.
    There are ZERO calories in WATER.
    The pasta weighs more because of the WATER, but ti doesn't magically get more calories, where would they come from, thin air?

It doesn't matter whether your pasta weighs 1000g's, or 1million grams after you cook it, the nutritional info is still the same as when it was dry.

/thread
    /life

EDIT: Are you seriously 20????
    hahaha

****ttt

bed time for me eh

gotcha now tho

thanks for tho info and mild abuse peoples lol

hahaha

****ttt

bed time for me eh

gotcha now tho

thanks for tho info and mild abuse peoples lol
    We're just happy you see the light and can be friends with pasta again....
    negs:
    OWES ME: